“Newer hotel and great customer service- price can't be beat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South

You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16950 North I-35, Austin, TX 78728   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #126 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“Newer hotel and great customer service- price can't be beat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I got this hotel on hotwire and was very pleased. I wouldn't have chosen an Extended Stay after some previous experiences I've had so when I got this one I was less than thrilled but it was only for one night. I'm happy to say after my visit to this location I would give them a try again even if it wasn't through Hotwire.

This Extended Stay is newer than other ones I've been in and was well kept and clean as far as I could tell. Also the service was excellent. Samantha helped us when checking in and she was extremely friendly and helpful. We were going to an event in the area so they allowed us to check in an hr early and she took care of calling a cab for us to get us to our event. She explained everything thoroughly and gave us our wifi code. I'm often expecting less than stellar service at a lower budget hotel like this but she was just as good as could be and made me feel very welcomed.

I didn't use any of the kitchen items but the room and bathroom were clean as well as the lobby of the hotel. The room did smell a little off but I find that in most of the extend stay places due to the cooking in the rooms. At the rate I paid on Hotwire it can't be beat.

*Side note- there is another Extended Stay just a few miles N on 35. It is a much older one and not as nice, make sure you book this one if not using hotwire.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

So, this was really a 2 star hotel at the most. It's so hard to really rate lower star hotels, but the minimum amount of cleanliness is still desired.

You can see my photos of the pot we tried to cook in. YUKKK. I went and exchanged the pan for a "new" one, but it was still a little scary looking. There wasn't anything to really scrub the pot in case it burned.

Walls had spots on it and paint spots here and there.

Bedding dated.

I couldn't begin to tell you what all the different smells found in the hallways and elevator.

Also in the hallway, we saw someone didn't want their comforter or bedding anymore. It was left there and stayed there about a day. See photo.

Our room was an ex-smoking room too.

We pulled some granola bars and wrapped muffins for breakfast. At least it was wrapped.

We did enjoy having a full size refrigerator and microwave.

Room Tip: Make sure before you unpack and get too comfortable to check the rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I didn't think my stay would be all that great because of other reviews but I only needed to stay for two nights. I arrived 2 hours earlier than expected because of my flight and the lady at the front desk checked me in right away. When entering the room, it was very comfortable! The mini kitchen was clean and the bed was SOFT!! The bathroom was HUGE and although it was close to the road, you couldn't hear any traffic or noise from the outside. The complimentary breakfast is not a breakfast...lol. It is fruit and breakfast bars with the option of coffee. But you have a mini kitchen in your room so if you want breakfast, just cook it! I am very impressed with the look and feel of extended stay and when I return for my relocation this summer I will stay there for about five days before my place is ready! It is right across the street from a Target and Jason's Deli. On the other side of the street is WalMart, McDonalds, Chick-fil-a and some other restaurants. For fun, there is a pool hall within walking distance (took me 3 minutes to walk there, it was two buildings down). I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: Single room with a single bed is what I had.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Boerne, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We were suppose to get a non smoking room but our room smelled horrible of smoke. It is also a pet hotel. My husband is allergic to dogs. There was a dog in the room next to ours and there were probably dogs in our room in the past. We were not told up front about this and my husband had an asthma attack in the middle of the night. There was also someone smoking marijuana on our floor. We were traveling with friends and family. Our daughter's room only had one hand towel and no bath towels. Ours were really worn and thin. Our friends room had hair in the bathtub and the bath floor was so dirty it was sticky on your feet. The bedspreads were dirty and the hallway looked like it had not been vacuumed In awhile. This had to be the worst hotel that we have ever stayed at. We would have gladly gone to another hotel but every other hotel was booked due to multiple events in town.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Boerne, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel because everything else was sold out over the weekend. Our room was supposed to be non smoking but there was a strong smell of smoke in our bathroom. The carpet was stained and the security latch on our door was tipped off. This hotel also allows pets in their rooms so if you have any pet allergies, look out. I would avoid this hotel at any cost.

Stayed April 2014
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The recently renovated hotel is clean, spacious, and guest friendly. Tex, the manager, has established a guest friendly attitude shared by all his staff. Any request I made was attended to immediately. Smiles abound and the place has a home away from home feeling.

Room Tip: North side is quieter. East side faces busy freeway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Columbia, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This was a standout among Extended Stays according to reviews on Trip Advisor - which - along with a business related special rate we got - was the reason we selected it. It had been recently renovated and is in nice condition. Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Only complaints were the lack of hair dryer and a simple box of tissues.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South? Share your experiences!