“Standards are LOW” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South
Ranked #105 of 183 hotels in Austin
Denver, Colorado
“Standards are LOW”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

So, this was really a 2 star hotel at the most. It's so hard to really rate lower star hotels, but the minimum amount of cleanliness is still desired.

You can see my photos of the pot we tried to cook in. YUKKK. I went and exchanged the pan for a "new" one, but it was still a little scary looking. There wasn't anything to really scrub the pot in case it burned.

Walls had spots on it and paint spots here and there.

Bedding dated.

I couldn't begin to tell you what all the different smells found in the hallways and elevator.

Also in the hallway, we saw someone didn't want their comforter or bedding anymore. It was left there and stayed there about a day. See photo.

Our room was an ex-smoking room too.

We pulled some granola bars and wrapped muffins for breakfast. At least it was wrapped.

We did enjoy having a full size refrigerator and microwave.

Room Tip: Make sure before you unpack and get too comfortable to check the rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I didn't think my stay would be all that great because of other reviews but I only needed to stay for two nights. I arrived 2 hours earlier than expected because of my flight and the lady at the front desk checked me in right away. When entering the room, it was very comfortable! The mini kitchen was clean and the bed was SOFT!! The bathroom was HUGE and although it was close to the road, you couldn't hear any traffic or noise from the outside. The complimentary breakfast is not a breakfast...lol. It is fruit and breakfast bars with the option of coffee. But you have a mini kitchen in your room so if you want breakfast, just cook it! I am very impressed with the look and feel of extended stay and when I return for my relocation this summer I will stay there for about five days before my place is ready! It is right across the street from a Target and Jason's Deli. On the other side of the street is WalMart, McDonalds, Chick-fil-a and some other restaurants. For fun, there is a pool hall within walking distance (took me 3 minutes to walk there, it was two buildings down). I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: Single room with a single bed is what I had.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Boerne, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We were suppose to get a non smoking room but our room smelled horrible of smoke. It is also a pet hotel. My husband is allergic to dogs. There was a dog in the room next to ours and there were probably dogs in our room in the past. We were not told up front about this and my husband had an asthma attack in the middle of the night. There was also someone smoking marijuana on our floor. We were traveling with friends and family. Our daughter's room only had one hand towel and no bath towels. Ours were really worn and thin. Our friends room had hair in the bathtub and the bath floor was so dirty it was sticky on your feet. The bedspreads were dirty and the hallway looked like it had not been vacuumed In awhile. This had to be the worst hotel that we have ever stayed at. We would have gladly gone to another hotel but every other hotel was booked due to multiple events in town.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Boerne, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel because everything else was sold out over the weekend. Our room was supposed to be non smoking but there was a strong smell of smoke in our bathroom. The carpet was stained and the security latch on our door was tipped off. This hotel also allows pets in their rooms so if you have any pet allergies, look out. I would avoid this hotel at any cost.

Stayed April 2014
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The recently renovated hotel is clean, spacious, and guest friendly. Tex, the manager, has established a guest friendly attitude shared by all his staff. Any request I made was attended to immediately. Smiles abound and the place has a home away from home feeling.

Room Tip: North side is quieter. East side faces busy freeway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Columbia, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This was a standout among Extended Stays according to reviews on Trip Advisor - which - along with a business related special rate we got - was the reason we selected it. It had been recently renovated and is in nice condition. Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Only complaints were the lack of hair dryer and a simple box of tissues.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I got this property via Hotwire (at a steal). I have stayed at many ESA's before so I pretty much knew what to expect, and this one was pretty much right in line with what I've come to expect.

I should say that my review definitely takes into account the cheap Hotwire price. As such, the value proposition is higher than if I had paid the going rate (which seems absurd considering the accommodations -- does anyone pay full price??)

Service: Service was standard. Upon check-in, I was assigned a room that was occupied, and I walked in to a room full of someone's belongings and quickly walked out. The front desk agent apologized and gave me a new room.

Room/Facility: The room was about typical of Extended Stay Americas elsewhere, perhaps a tad bit more upscale due to the paint on the walls and furniture being a little more "hip". Overall, there were no major problems. My two minor complaints focus on noise. First, make sure to request a room facing the rear if you are sensitive to noise, because the room I had, facing I-35, was quite loud (see pic of view). Additionally, as seems to be typical of cheap construction these days, the walls are paper thin and you can easily hear your neighbors if they are speaking anything louder than a whisper.

Location: The location, on I-35, is very convenient. Pretty much everything is nearby, from gas stations to Target to restaurants. A car is required.

Misc: "Breakfast" is more like items from a vending machine thrown in a wicker basket. I don't know how ESA calls this a breakfast at all. It's more like a snack with coffee. Their competitors have far better continental breakfasts at the same price point.

Overall, nothing stands out. Other than the noise, I really have no complaints. Service was okay and the room was okay. If I had paid the rack rate, I would be giving this property a less than average rating, but due to the bargain Hotwire rate, it's right on. As long as your expectations are in line, you will probably find this place acceptable.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, request a room facing the back of the hotel. Rooms facing the front o...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dave - Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our location during your visit with us. Still, I apologize that you were given an occupied room upon your arrival. As well, I am sorry that you experienced some noise disturbances during your stay. Finally, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. All of your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South? Share your experiences!