“Proving the Value of Trip Advisor Reviews” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South

You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16950 North I-35, Austin, TX 78728   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #131 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Columbia, MD
“Proving the Value of Trip Advisor Reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This was a standout among Extended Stays according to reviews on Trip Advisor - which - along with a business related special rate we got - was the reason we selected it. It had been recently renovated and is in nice condition. Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Only complaints were the lack of hair dryer and a simple box of tissues.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I got this property via Hotwire (at a steal). I have stayed at many ESA's before so I pretty much knew what to expect, and this one was pretty much right in line with what I've come to expect.

I should say that my review definitely takes into account the cheap Hotwire price. As such, the value proposition is higher than if I had paid the going rate (which seems absurd considering the accommodations -- does anyone pay full price??)

Service: Service was standard. Upon check-in, I was assigned a room that was occupied, and I walked in to a room full of someone's belongings and quickly walked out. The front desk agent apologized and gave me a new room.

Room/Facility: The room was about typical of Extended Stay Americas elsewhere, perhaps a tad bit more upscale due to the paint on the walls and furniture being a little more "hip". Overall, there were no major problems. My two minor complaints focus on noise. First, make sure to request a room facing the rear if you are sensitive to noise, because the room I had, facing I-35, was quite loud (see pic of view). Additionally, as seems to be typical of cheap construction these days, the walls are paper thin and you can easily hear your neighbors if they are speaking anything louder than a whisper.

Location: The location, on I-35, is very convenient. Pretty much everything is nearby, from gas stations to Target to restaurants. A car is required.

Misc: "Breakfast" is more like items from a vending machine thrown in a wicker basket. I don't know how ESA calls this a breakfast at all. It's more like a snack with coffee. Their competitors have far better continental breakfasts at the same price point.

Overall, nothing stands out. Other than the noise, I really have no complaints. Service was okay and the room was okay. If I had paid the rack rate, I would be giving this property a less than average rating, but due to the bargain Hotwire rate, it's right on. As long as your expectations are in line, you will probably find this place acceptable.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, request a room facing the back of the hotel. Rooms facing the front o...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dave - Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our location during your visit with us. Still, I apologize that you were given an occupied room upon your arrival. As well, I am sorry that you experienced some noise disturbances during your stay. Finally, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. All of your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I arrived after being notified that the home I'd leased for 4 years was being sold under an FHA and I had to move out immediately because it can't be leased under FHA for 2 years.. Two nurse friends and a Respiratory Therapist heard about what had happened and reminded me that they are traveling medical professionals and had stayed here. I was so afraid and skeptical with "fear on the " Bates hotel side"... I decided to check it out and met the manager. She was awesome. Did I mention I have a big beautiful friend named Kobe. Kobe is a 3 year old smooth and shiny black and oh so beautiful Lab Retriever. The thought of having to be without him was so hard and then I seen a guest with this beautiful dog. Dog? Say what? You allow pets? I thought GOD sent angels to look out for me and Kobe until we could re-acclimate(I like that word^smile). Yeah I cried and yeah I got scared some nights, when the quiet reminded me that I wasn't in the Land of Oz or... Kansas. But the smile on the faces of the staff here and their hearty laughs at me as Kobe took me for his walks; drags with his 75.7lbs and my 108... okay what ever (133.5). I am a United States Military Veteran, 15 years U.S. Air force~ healthy and lovely, (smile) and the dog drug me like I was a branch he encountered on his way out of Cat Alley Reserves ( y'all missed Cat Alley Reserves it was a wooded area set aside for cats near the hotel, but it's been relocated). This company's slogan/ advertisement is "A home away from home" and I've been here 15 months and they have been there for me and made me remember that GOD is still blessing, they have been like family and they still keep me encouraged. They even helped my mom to understand that I was alright living here, and that's no easy feat, believe me. My daughter is here now she has asthma and they even tolerated my request to do all cleaning and my own laundry to alleviate chances of an attack. I never been through a storm like this and give praise to GOD for, Samantha (my daughter from another mother), Mr.Tex and Matthew, Blanca, Jason, nee ca, C.C., Shelby, my huge colorful family as well as others that worked here when I first arrived. No it's not been roses and silk stockings everyday but they've shown that they give a damn, and with this economy and the downsizing of our country's businesses and livelihood they have been a blessing. I've met families here with worse storms and three and four children, little choices and all their things in the one running automobile. All of us looking like the 21st century form of a better "grapes of wrath" thankful that Extended-Stay is here. Grateful that we came here. I have been a professional nurse over 15 years and can't believe how much this economy has impacted the medical profession. Nurses being downsized or our hours decreased so low we have to take two jobs to make ends meet. Hospitals and other Medical facilities selling themselves to one another or to bank groups and in doing so have to downsize to show the money in healthcare. Yet even in my storm I see The rugged businessman smile on Mr. Tex face, the "kick em or die trying rugged "take no prisoners" attitude of the regional manager Mr. Ray, and the staff that leave their storms to support us as we go through ours. And I applaud them all. I salute you Tex for stepping Texas tall and making home away from home "my extended Home". Thank You team Tex for all you do. And when you get the chance to come this way travelers... for short time, business, pleasure, life's storms you will not see the candle but believe me it is still burning in the window of their hearts. Be blessed~ the sort of trip was all of the choices and I've been here from Dec 2012 til now and this is March 2014 thus far.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. I’m so pleased to hear that we are providing you with an enjoyable “home away from home” experience during your stay with us. I will be sure to pass your kind remarks on to our whole staff. The staff and I look forward to continuing to provide you with a great stay.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Walking down the halls was like a moment from a very dark movie... this is the hotel where the divorcee who has just killed his entire family comes to drink a bottle of Jameson and then proceeds to commit suicide.

Zero Stars. Please keep in mind that we are easy-going people, well-traveled and flexible. It is SXSW week so options were limited when we booked in advance with Orbitz.com. End result- we had to sleep in our car because everything shot up to insane prices because of SXSW and we didn't want to die or contract a disease at this Extended Stay. Orbitz wouldn't even apologize or help us get into another hotel at the same rate. Shame on customer service across the board.

The Extended Stay experience:

We checked into first room, the sink was off the wall, there was poo on the bathroom floor, TP bits strewn around the entire room, curtains off the track and just plain filthy. It was like a grown up game of hot lava, don't let anything in that room touch you. We kindly called down and asked if another room was available.

The "clean" room we were moved into included the following lovely highlights:

-Blood on the wall
-Human fingernail clippings safely tucked away in a drawer
-One acrylic nail on floor
-Stained furniture (period chair?)
-Broken furniture and chewed legs
-Holes in the walls
-Windows you cannot see out of due to fingerprints and dirt
-Bugs
-Fingerprints of god knows what all over. Our guess, boogers
-Broken and dirty light fixtures
-A phone without buttons
-Hair in bed
-Semen on walls
-Semen on bed
-Semen on furniture
-Dirty fridge/kitchen area

But, keep in mind the artwork was safely nailed down. Classy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Picked up this room for $35 a night on Hotwire, and what a great deal! Only 20 minutes to downtown Austin. Nice, big rooms, very clean and modern. It's a 2 to 21/2 star property, but has everything you need for a nice stay. Kitchenette if you want to cook, nice size bathroom, flat screen, recliner, and plenty of closet space. The hotel looks fairly new, and everything was in good shape. Staff was friendly and attentive, and stay was great. Only complaints are the free "grab and go" breakfast (not worth grabbing) and my bed was kind of hard. But exceptional value!! Definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Ho Ho Chinese BBQ (YUM!!) is 10 minutes south.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel and were presently surprised. Super clean and recently updated. Full sized fridge and ample parking. Exceptional staff. It is pet friendly, which I thought was awesome, but there was a lot of barking.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Denise - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for the friendly service they provide. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed your clean room, especially the kitchen. Still, I apologize for the barking dog. We always ask pet owners to be proactive when attending to their animals and will continue to do so.

Notyourbusiness
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel was one we picked because of the kitchen, our party has a child with food allergies. The room however was atrocious. Blood, on the bed, vomit on the phone, mold in the bathroom vent, the fridge leaked water overnight.
The hair dryers were on order and not available. (It would have been helpful to know that when I was packing)
I remade the bed myself, I found an old coffee filter, by following the smell. "Awful" is not a good enough describer.
We did not get a fight when we checked out early, but neither did we get an apology!!

• Stayed December 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I sincerely apologize that there were such unacceptable issues during your stay. To prevent this from happening again, my team is being retrained to check for and correct issues before they happen. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel.

Please contact me, at rrk@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South? Share your experiences!