“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South

You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South
Ranked #112 of 187 Hotels in Austin
dallas, tx
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here last year for Formula 1 (2012). I've gone back in time to write this review to praise this hotel's quality due to how poor my stay was this year at a different hotel.

This place was nice and clean. Carpet, bed, and kitchen were all great. Bathroom was very nicely remodeled. Grab & Go breakfast saved me and the girlfriend money for 3 days versus buying food at the track. This place was nicely accessible from 45.

This year I made a grave mistake and missed this place but will be advanced booking for Formula 1 in 2014.

Room Tip: make sure to request a non-smoking, non-converted smoking room... unless you are smoker and have giv...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. I am so pleased to read that you found your room to be clean and liked the renovation we just completed. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast as well as our hotel's location.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again next year for the Formula One event.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Carrollton, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I Hotwired this hotel as a stopover on a trip from South Padre Island back to Dallas. I paid a total of about $47 including tax and got a a room with a single queen bed. The room (205) reeked of cigarette smoke, even though there was a sign in the room that said "Thank you for not smoking". I know I should have gone back downstairs and requested another room, but the single clerk was swamped and we were exhausted. We opened both windows and propped the door of the room open for about half an hour to dissipate the smoke, to no avail. Finally we closed the windows, cranked the AC and took sleeping pills. Also, there was no stopper for the tub. TIP - insist on seeing (and smelling) your room before you accept it.

Room Tip: Insist on seeing (and smelling) your room before you accept it.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the smoke odor in you room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am working with my staff to eliminate this smell and ensure it does not affect our future guests. For future reference, please do bring this to our attention so we can move your room to make your stay more comfortable. We are never to busy to assist our guests.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at rrk@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The Austin, TX area hotels are getting very expensive so it was nice to find this one for a good price and in an acceptable location. We had everything we needed, even asked for a hair dryer and they had one at the front desk for us. The room was clean, comfortable and well equipped. No noticeable noise problem from the freeway or even other guests. The only thing that would make this place better is a better breakfast but then again for the price it's not a deal breaker. We will definitely try to stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are very pleased to know you found our hotel to be a comfortable "home away from home". It is great to read that you liked our hotel's location, your clean room and our staff's service.

Oneida, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here two nights.
The room smelled musty. There was hair in the shower and the corners if the bathroom floor. The kitchen had a really bad ant problem. The first night I slept with no pillow because my husband is allergic to the feather pillows and the front desk told me they didn't have anymore non-feathered ones. When I told a different person at the desk the next day, they didn't seem very concerned about it they just got me a new pillow and that was it. The bed was lumpy and very uncomfortable. And you could hear every noise in the hallway, upstairs, etc.
this was a terrible experience.

• Stayed September 2013
Angelina - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was disheartened to read that you were not comfortable with the bedding in your room. Please accept our apologies. In response to your feedback, I have completed the training of the new evening Guest Services Representative who now knows where to locate additional pillows. As well, I am working with our housekeeping staff to deep clean your room and improve our cleaning procedures overall.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at rrk@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very good for its price. Friendly staff. You have restaurants nearby. Room was clean and bed was comfy. The only thing that bothered us was that breakfast was served in the lobby. Other than that everything is great.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the convenience of our hotel's location and your clean, comfortable room. As well, it is great to know that you found our staff to be friendly.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great place to stay while visiting or on business in Austin. Newly remodeled, great location, and wonderful staff. Easy access to I35. The hotel is located in a safe location, near shopping and local businesses. I found the management and staff to be most helpful and courteous. You cannot go wrong by staying at this location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about your stay at our hotel. I am so glad that you liked our hotels location, our wonderful staff, and our updated offerings.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was waiting for my long-term accommodations in Austin, and started out at a "dive" hotel close to downtown. It had cockroaches, car break-ins, and drunks. This place is nirvana. Quiet, comfortable, clean, and safe. The front desk staff is friendly and professional. The rooms look brand new -- they tell me they've just renovated. It's far enough from the freeway that you don't hear traffic, but you're just .2 tenths of a mile from the entrance. A Target across the street, Walgreen's, lots of shopping and eating. The laundry here is clean and works great. The little "grab and go" breakfast isn't huge, but coffee is fresh and muffins tasty. Elevator works fine for upper floors. No bad smells or worn carpets.

Room Tip: I don't know how you'd find a bad room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dick - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am so happy to know that your experience at our hotel was such a pleasant one. Our staff enjoyed having you as our guest just as much as you enjoyed staying with us.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South? Share your experiences!