“Texas hospitality in Austin” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16950 North I-35, Austin, TX 78728   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #118 of 184 Hotels in Austin
“Texas hospitality in Austin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great place to stay while visiting or on business in Austin. Newly remodeled, great location, and wonderful staff. Easy access to I35. The hotel is located in a safe location, near shopping and local businesses. I found the management and staff to be most helpful and courteous. You cannot go wrong by staying at this location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about your stay at our hotel. I am so glad that you liked our hotels location, our wonderful staff, and our updated offerings.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was waiting for my long-term accommodations in Austin, and started out at a "dive" hotel close to downtown. It had cockroaches, car break-ins, and drunks. This place is nirvana. Quiet, comfortable, clean, and safe. The front desk staff is friendly and professional. The rooms look brand new -- they tell me they've just renovated. It's far enough from the freeway that you don't hear traffic, but you're just .2 tenths of a mile from the entrance. A Target across the street, Walgreen's, lots of shopping and eating. The laundry here is clean and works great. The little "grab and go" breakfast isn't huge, but coffee is fresh and muffins tasty. Elevator works fine for upper floors. No bad smells or worn carpets.

Room Tip: I don't know how you'd find a bad room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dick - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am so happy to know that your experience at our hotel was such a pleasant one. Our staff enjoyed having you as our guest just as much as you enjoyed staying with us.

Pune, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Have good experience at ESA round rock south. Cheap yet good.
Kitchen services are good. Marketplace is close by that makes it excellent choice after office hours. Staff is co-operative and helping. Premises is neat and clean which matters most to me.
I would certainly recommend this hotel for short as well as long stay.

Room Tip: Make sure all accessories in room are working
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Avinash - Thank you for posting such a nice review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our property and helpfulness of our staff. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location.

Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The room was very clean, the kitchen fully stocked with utensils, cups, pots and pans, etc., and the room is surprisingly quiet considering the hotel's proximity to the highway. I definitely recommend this hotel for anyone passing through or for anyone who is having visitors to Austin.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the highway and on an upper floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Gina - Thank you for your kind review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff provided you with such a pleasant stay. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed your clean room and the kitchen which is included.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future."
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I always read reviews when making decisions on hotels. First and foremost I want a clean place that I can feel safe in for myself and my family. There were not many reviews for this location, however after reading the ones that were posted (and seeing the price) I decided to go ahead and give this place a try. The hotel that we really wanted was not available and this one served our purpose for a weekend trip to Austin. Another nearby location of this same chain had terrible reviews so it made me a little nervous, but we decided to go ahead and give this one a try. What a nice surprise to find that everything we had read on the Round Rock South location was true. Very clean, quiet, and comfortable. Cleanliness is a biggie to me. The only complaint was having to ask for an extra roll of toilet tissue so we wouldn't be caught short (in my opinion, there should always be an extra roll in every hotel room.) It was the perfect spot for us for a long weekend and everyone was extremely nice and helpful. Would definitely stay here again and for 1/2 the price of the original hotel we had inquired about. A VERY nice surprise!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that housekeeping missed the normal placement of extra tissue in your bathroom. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to meet your needs and exceed your expectations. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was promptly checked into a room that was clean, and comfortable. I was well taken care of and had only a small issue with the shower curtain which was fixed immediately. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the round rock area. It is conveniently located to I-35 and SH-45 which is perfect to get around. Also had several parks within 2 miles that my family and I enjoyed. Would rate higher than a 5 if I could.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm glad that your experience with us was comfortable and enjoyable. It is great to hear that you were able to visit areas around the hotel and several parks in the area. Still, I apologize that there was a small issue with the shower curtain in your room; however, I am very happy to hear that we were able to rectify this immediately.

Crescent City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've stayed all over Austin. This hotel is the best out of 5 ""value"" hotels I hit this month in Austin and SAT. Building seems newly built. Everything is clean and new. The people are, as the saying goes, "friendly." Non-sketchy area. ESA the company probably has some bad hotels, but this one is really above par.

Every single competing 2 star hotel in town has several aspects that are horrible (smell, decor, location, noise rooms, or all of the above). Not this one. This really deserves 3 stars, at least now, while it's so clean and new. What you have here is the best deal in town.

Room Tip: Facing away from highway would be good
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such kind things about our hotel. I am proud of our team for their hard work, dedication and truly caring attitudes when comes to making our hotel a clean, safe and comfortable home away from home. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South? Share your experiences!