“Great Location; Hotel Stay Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Henderson, Nevada
“Great Location; Hotel Stay Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at the Hilton Austin because I attendeed a conference held in the same hotel. The location was quite desirable, near the Capital, 6th Street, and my favorite -- Lady Bird Lake!

My room was clean and had all the standard amenities you would expect at a Hilton. One disappointment; the walls are very thin in this hotel. After I checked in, I promptly opened up my laptop to do some work from the hotel. It was difficult to concentrate because the family in the room next door included two young children and a crying, fussy baby. Finally, I asked if I could move to a different room. The Hilton Austin accomodated me, but they didn't help me move (which is usually customary in every hotel I've stayed at). I had to re-pack all my belongings and make multiple trips to my hotel room (on a different floor). It was definitely an inconvenience.

Other than that, I ordered room service one night, which was pretty good, and I ate breakfast a few times at the on-location Starbucks, which was a huge plus.

I also walked to the Capital one evening and spent another evening walking around Lady Bird Lake, a great way to get into nature that is right in the middle of downtown Austin. I also had a great meal on the patio of the Four Seasons, which is well within walking distance from the Hilton Austin.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Aldie, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel has more plugs then any hotel I have very stayed at. There were several on the desk and more beside the bed. Also loved that I could control the lights and temps from my bedside. The valet parking cost at $35 seemed high especially since the 10 min wait for the car tuned into 45 Ine before I discovered they had never gone to get it. Oops. St least they comped it for me.
Great location though. Enjoyed running in Lady Bird Park. And also the music on 6th Street.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed in this hotel, because I was attending a conference in the convention center that is located next door. The convenience was great and I really appreciated being able to sleep in an extra half hour. The room was nice. View okay - my room looked out towards 6th street. It was all nice, but nothing spectacular. I have gotten used to having a newspaper delivered every morning whenever I stay in a hotel, but not at this one. Not a big disappointment, but I noticed. Also, I am a vegan and when I spoke with hotel staff about local restaurants, they really couldn't help. They tried, but their information wasn't great. Finally on the day I checked out, I had a question about my bill, but was told the computers were down. I found that odd since the staff member was typing away on the computer when I walked up to the lobby desk. If you are going to Austin on business, then this place is clean and more than adequate. Just don't expect to be wowed.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Need a great hotel in downtown Austin? This might be the one for you. I am in room 1858, which is off the main corridor tucked in an alcove. Great view! Bed is comfortable and there is a room control switch for the lights and temperature bedside. Great for in the middle of the night. Room is quiet and the temperature maintains well. Roth bathroom amenities. Starbucks on site as well as two excellent restaurants. Drawback is the high prices for self and valet parking so be prepared.
I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Norcross, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I liked the pool and gym here. it is pretty close to most things, but not as centered as I thought it might be. Most directions you walk are great, one direction not so much.
Staff was friendly, definitely a big hotel, good view as well

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

this hotel managemnet is luck because they have an amazing reception team.
Burcu has always fully smiling face with blue eyes.
all other staff is very helpfull.
rooms are clean and breakfast is OK
location is good and wifi is OK

I def. come back to this hotel

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Excellent location; super friendly staff. Highly recommend valet parking as parking garage is quite cramped. Executive level had fantastic view of city, State Capitol and UT stadium. Executive
level concierge was quite helpful and the snacks, beverages, cookies, etc., were plentiful. Great place to unwind after day of meetings. Would readily stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Diana N, Social Media Manager at Hilton Austin, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Deborah,

Thank you so much for the 5-Star review here on TripAdvisor! We are delighted to hear that you had such a fantastic stay here with us, we love hearing that! Thank you for for selecting the Hilton Austin for your recent trip. We know you have many options when it comes to downtown hotels and we are honored to serve you. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Been to Hilton Austin? Share your experiences!