“Fantastic Christmas!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Galveston, Texas, United States
“Fantastic Christmas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I along with our dog Bentley spent 5 nights at The Hilton. We have traveled to many places around the world and have stayed in many hotels. We both agree that the staff was so helpful and delightful. They certainly surpassed our past experience and our expectations. They private lounge when you stay on the executive level was the perfect beginning and ending to each day. The location adds to the excellence of the hotel. Walking distance to all of Austin's downtown attractions. Great dog park a cross the street from the hotel. Thank you staff for making our Christmas perfect.

Room Tip: Services on Executive level are fantastic addition to your Hilton Hotel stay.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Turkish first
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This hotel is old but it has the basics.. I must share our tub was clogged :(..n the cleaning of the place wasnt great either.. :/ but it worked.. The service was good :) Our upgrade to the 24 floor wasnt any better.. :/ but the view was superb! The hotel allows pets which is cool..

• Stayed December 2012
HiltonAustin, Manager at Hilton Austin, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We understand that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of your guest room and we are deeply disappointed by that. We sincerely apologize for this and assure you that this area is of great importance to us as we ensure the comfort and satisfaction for our guests. We will start guest room renovations at the end of this year and hope you will consider staying with us again should your travels bring you back to Austin.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

What a great hotel! We recently stayed at the Hilton while in Austin for a quick weekend get away. The hotel staff were all fabulous. The standard rooms are large, well appointed and very comfortable beds. We loved the location, a quick walk to Sixth street, right next to the convention center, or a short walk in the other direction to the town lake and a large variety of restaurants. If you are traveling to Austin, either on business or for fun, this is a great hotel choice. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Just finished my 24th stay in 2012 at this great property. Great location, absolutely fantastic staff, and just a great hotel. Can't beat the rooftop (8th floor, not technically on the roof) pool and hot tub. However the pool area is closed for renovation. One of the best hotel gyms of any Hilton I've stays at. And how often do you have the option of a USDA Prime N.Y. Strip steak from room service or fantastic sushi? Valet parking is a little steep, but the guys that run the valet are great. For me, it's the staff that really sets this place apart from all the other hotels around.

Room Tip: Request a high floor facing west.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed at the Austin from October 14th to the 19th for a conference. My full room review can be seen on Youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVggSvgeY1M . The hotel location is great and next to the entertainment district. There are great bars and restaurants all within a short walk. The Hilton has really good conference facilities. There were around 800 attendees, the general conference session rooms, and the meal rooms seated everyone with room to spare. A few small problems, the maps of where the conference rooms are located is not the easiest to understand when rushing from session to session. Also, there were a few very popular sessions that did not have enough space for everyone who wanted to see the session. It did have some rather large room spaces so I think it could have been configured to hold that many comfortably.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Hilton is a very good option for a stay in Austin. It's a three minute walk away from 6th street where it all happens in this city.

When I drove up to the hotel, the valet staff asked me if I wanted to park myself or if I wanted them to do it. Not often I get that option, but I chose valet, I'm a bit lazy that way. The Check in went super fast, I asked to extend my stay for one night, and that was no problem - even though the hotel was quite full for the last night. I also got the same price for the last night.

The room was fine, the view was pretty cool, there was a mini bar as well which I like.

It would be a five star review for me if it hadn't been for a charge to use the Internet. In 2012, Internet should be free.

Room Tip: High floor to get a nice view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have spent two night on thanksgiving holiday, i loved the place (lobby, rooms & lounge). as Diamond Hilton Honors member i was eligible for an upgrade. the hotel location almost at the city center of Austin. On Thanksgiving Day i attended the parade which was few blocks away from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Austin? Share your experiences!