“Rooms good” 4 of 5 stars

Double the rewards
Ranked #52 of 182 hotels in Austin
“Rooms good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel is centrally located. The front desk manager was rude. The rest of staff was very helpful. Rates change based on occupancy and can vary several hundred dollars. The rooms are very nice and the hotel is clean and has a very good bar. The executive lounge has a good evening reception and a nice breakfast offering.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

1,064 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great place to stay in Austin. Stayed on an Executive Level floor with the Executive Lounge. Great breakfast and evening appetizer service. Very clean and nicely updated hotel. No problems whatsoever. The location is amazing. One block from the bars of Sixth Street. Many great restaurants in walking distance and lots of sights nearby. Easy access to the Interstate for day trips to local vineyards. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. They have great maps to show you the downtown area with local restaurants and were great with recommendations. Would definitely recommend to anyone traveling to Austin. The gym is the best I've seen at a hotel with a cardio room and separate weight room. The pool was great with plenty of towels, shaded areas, a hot tub and lots of chairs. We didn't experience any problems or have any complaints whatsoever.

Room Tip: Executive floor was great with wonderful view of the Capital, 6th Street and the Longhorns stadium.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here 3 nights and would recommend it if you can get a reasonable deal (I used a discounter site to book). Location is downtown 2 blocks from the 6th St. scene and walking distance to the Driskill historic hotel and Congress Ave, where there are more restaurants and the bridge where the bats are.

Room was well maintained, well appointed and pleasant, and I appreciated that they did not skimp on the toiletries. Bed was very comfortable and the climate control worked well. Front desk staff was efficient and pleasant. There is a cafe with Starbucks coffee and snacks, pastries by the lobby. But the room does have a coffee/tea maker in it. Overall a high-end experience that I would expect for a Hilton.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My friends and I stayed here for my birthday weekend. It is very close to all the bars, music and restaurants and you can walk to everything. The hotel is also right next to a rail station if you need to go further or don't want to walk.

If you have a car, parking is a little annoying. The spots are small and tight and it was difficult to find a spot when we did have to use the car.

The hotel staff was great and very helpful. We all had adjoining rooms and all of our rooms were updated and clean. Room service and housekeeping were fast and the rooms were always clean and restocked when we came back. The showers were hot with great water pressure (really important for me) and all the bathrooms were very clean.

I've stayed at quite a few Austin hotels over the years that are also close to the downtown action but this is the first hotel that I've been completely satisfied with (I can deal with parking in comparison to the issues I've had at the other hotels in the area). One tip for smokers - there is a cool large corner balcony on I think the 4th floor that my smoker friends found. It holds a lot of people and you can watch all of the evening action below from there too.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room (they're larger and the same price as the others).
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed the downtown Austin Hilton for 4 nights for a business trip.
It was a great location; coffee shops, restaurants, and plenty of bars. I was able to walk around the downtown at nights checking out the nightlife in Austin.
A light rail stop is in front of hotel if you want to hop on to go outside of downtown.
Front desk staff is fast, I didn't have to wait to check in or out. I rarely see a line at the front desk even though the hotel was completely full due to the conference I was attending.

It has a clean gym, but the swimming pool is rather small.

Room Tip: Lower level is better than high level if you don't want to stop every floor between lobby and yo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Location is great, parked the car for two days and walked everywhere. Hotel room was very clean, spacious. Unlike the other reviews, I found the staff to be very courteous and friendly. When we appeared to be roaming, not knowing where we were going, they approached us and asked if they could help. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Although we did not request a certain room, just the cheapest room, the check in person gave us a co...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hempstead, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

For a Hilton, housekeeping could have been better and the rooms cleaner. It wasn't a bad stay, just that I had higher expections, and on an earlier stay in Austin the Omni had exceeded my expectations.

The rooms were nice and stylish and quite large, but not as clean as I would have expected from a Hilton. The bed spread scared me, it looked like it had never been washed. I'll bet that it never has beed.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom large.

The only area of the hotel that exceeded my expectation at first glance was the fitness center -- WOW! Two rooms of treadmills and ellipticals and stationary bikes, all with personal TVs. But then again, that turned out to not be an accurate assessment -- all but one of the ellipticals I tried has a television that worked. I went from machine to machine trying to find one that I could actually watch TV on. And when I did, I found that on ALL machines my favorite channel, the History Channel, had no sound.

I was staying here for business and won't stay here again.

Overall, it was a good stay, but there are better hotels in the area. Choose of one them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Austin? Share your experiences!