“Excellent base to stay in Austin” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double the rewards
Ranked #52 of 182 hotels in Austin
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Excellent base to stay in Austin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Very close to the places to visit to enjoy good food, restaurants, diners and places to eat brunch, lunch and dinner both on 6th but also surrounding area. Moonshine recommended by the friendly guy on the front desk was an excellent recommendation for my partner's 41st birthday. Hotel pool is heated and the hot tub is very nice too in a relaxed atmosphere.

Only negative comment is the cost of the Ozarka bottled water in the mini bar which we know you can buy for approx 30 cents for a bottle in the stores but costs 5 dollars plus tax from the hotel. I guess if you are organised you can purchase a bottle at the store and replace but sometimes you just run out of time. :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

1,065 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

When we want to stay overnight downtown, this is where we stay. There are several other hotels near by, but we haven't hat a bad experience here and the price is comparable so we return. Easy walking to great restaurants, the convention center, auditorium shores, downtown night life and the Long Center for all the numerous events. Self parking is $20 and valet is $27 plus a tip. Check in is fast. There is a bank of elevators so the wait is short. The room is standard and has a mini bar that I have never used. I came here when the hotel first opened and I can see the years of wear starting to show. Usually the rooms are quiet but if there is a loud party in the hall or the room next door, you hear it. There are multiple pillows to choose from on the bed. Water pressure in the shower is great. In room coffee maker with coffee pods and actual creamers. Room service is prompt, but the girl who took our breakfast order struggled with the limited menu...first day on the job? There is a beautiful roof top spa/pool area that I didn't have time to enjoy during this visit. A good downtown hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

I was there just for one night on my business trip and this was a great experience. The staff was frindly, the beds were at top notch, the little soaps and shampooes were very nice and good quality. During my stay I had only breakfast and it was awesome, pleanty of selection were laid out in a nice display. I would stay there again and again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
HiltonAustin, Manager at Hilton Austin, responded to this review, December 26, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting a review! We are very pleased to hear your enjoyed you had a terrific time here in Austin! Our Peter Thomas Roth amenities are incredible, we love them as well! Thank you again and we hope you come see us again soon!
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

My first time in Austin and thoroughly enjoyed the city and surrounding area, The hotel is situated on 4th St very close to good restaurants and the music of 6th ave. I stayed for 6 days and enjoyed my experience. My room was clean and up to date. The fitness center was excellent and the outdoor heated pool area on the 8th floor was clean and comfortable. Ate breakfast at the hotel buffet and found the food acceptable and the service good.Lots of good places to eat within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing town.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
HiltonAustin, Manager at Hilton Austin, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
BostonFestuca,

Thank you so much for posting a review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments here with others and look forward to welcoming you back here at the Hilton Austin!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We attended a fundraiser here last weekend and since we didn't want to drive the 50 deer laden miles home late at night, we decided to stay overnight Saturday and lounge around Sunday. The hotel is well kept, and our room was large, clean, nicely decorated and had a great view from the 26th floor. I also loved the very large LCD TV. The bedding was very comfortable and it was quiet so we got a peaceful nights sleep. We had a relaxing Sunday breakfast in bed and the service was excellent. The ballroom was immense and kept at a nice cool temperature. The meal was fine and all went smoothly. The staff ran things very professionally and we left having had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear TexasEd60,

Just a quick note to thank you for your review! Your thoughtful comments are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent service and experience here at the Hilton Austin. We hope you come back to visit us soon!
Oakland, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I have stayed here quite a few times for work conferences and have always had a good experience. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. If the room I requested was not available they always have a suitable option ready. The concierge and valet staff were very friendly, patient and helpful. The coffee shop is fabulous. Since I am most often in hotels for business, wireless and the number of outlets in a room always factor in to my level of satisfaction. Wireless was free and fast and they have plenty of outlets for computer, cell phones and any other gadget that needs a charge. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. Plenty of elevators so you're not waiting forever with a bunch of heavy luggage. I had some issues with my bill the last time I stayed and the front desk staff readily and quickly took care of the issues. I haven't stayed here for leisure, but as far as work travel, this is definitely a solid option. I also received vouchers for free coffee and pastry each day of my staff. No complaints and the location is perfect!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Filonia,

Thank you for your recent review! We appreciate you sharing your comments here with us and we are delighted to hear our team was able to provide you with outstanding customer service. So glad to hear you enjoy Java Jive as well! We hope you come back to visit us again next year!
Portland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Stayed here for a conference being held at the hotel. Booked a 3 night stay and expected to arrive late night. However, due to a flight cancellation did not arrive until the next day. They shortened my stay without a fee which was nice and unexpected.

It is about $40 taxi ride from the airport. You can take supershuttle for about $14.

Check in was fast and easy and they recognized my Hilton Gold status. I checked in early (10 am) and was given the option of waiting for my reserved king room or going with a room with 2 queen beds. I opted for the latter as I had been flying all night and just wanted to settle in.

Room was very large with newer furniture. Great view from the 18th floor.

I arrived after traveling on a redeye and the first thing I wanted was a nice hot shower. Unfortunately there was only a lukewarm shower and very low water pressure. Not pleasant. I called down and they said they'd take a look. Next morning there was plenty of hot water and water pressure.

Bed was very comfortable. Quiet. Thermostat was accurate and aircon was quiet.

I did not try any of the hotel restaurants. Hotel is within easy walking distance of 6th street with plenty of excellent food/bar/entertainment options.

Next day I was checking out early for a 6am flight. Lo and behold no hot water and measly water pressure. I complained and received an apology and an offer to shower in a different room (which I did not take). No comp on the room rate.

I also needed to leave a bag at the hotel for someone else to pickup later in the day. This was accomplished without a problem by leaving the claim check in an envelope at the bell desk.

Room Tip: High floors will give you a nice view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your room, views from the 18th floor and our convenient location in Downtown Austin! Please accept our sincerest apologies on the issues you experienced with the water temperature and pressure. I have shared your concerns to our Operations team so we can ensure this not happen again. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to Austin.

Been to Hilton Austin? Share your experiences!