“I can't get the smile off my face” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 152 Activities in Austin
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Texas Trail Rides in Austin, Texas offers safe, family friendly horseback trail rides, equine excursions, ranch rodeos, skeet shooting, wedding & corporate events, fishing and hunting. Note: We have two locations! Circle C Ranch Location: 9606 RM 1826, 78737 Lake Creek Ranch Location: 13400 FM 150, 78619
Golden, Colorado
“I can't get the smile off my face”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I thought t it be best to let other travelers know that this is a must do experience in Austin! The Owner Tina went way out of her way to make my day a memorable one! Her in depth riding experience, overall wherewithal and knowledge of her surroundings made the ride very comforting. I look forward to getting out there and riding again very soon. I would recommend anyone to use her services. I am looking at flights so that I can bring my children (9, 14 and 16) back to ride soon. What a fabulous time -- go do it! You won't regret it.

Cheers, Bruce
Bow Mar, Colorado

Visited November 2013

“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Me and some friends had a great time at Texas Trail Rides. Tina and the crew were the very measure of southern hospitality. The usual trail was closed so we spent 2 hours riding up creeks and through some great country.

I've done some riding before, but the total beginner in our group was well looked after.

These guys are faultless. Would highly recommend them to anyone.

Melbourne, Australia
12 attraction reviews
“Outstanding service and a beautiful trail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a simply awesome time with Tina and her crew out at Texas Trail Rides. The horses were simply beautiful and very well behaved - pretty important for us, as we weren't experienced riders. Tina's regular trail was closed today - but that was actually great luck - as her alternative trail offers the option of going through a creek with the horses, which we jumped at the opportunity to do. It was so much fun taking the horses through the water (don't worry - water was shallow) and really added to the ride. As tourists to the States, Tina gave us some great travel trips for our onward journey. You really couldn't have wanted anything more from this day out. Thanks Tina! :)

Visited October 2013
Austin, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“My oasis in Austin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

After A LOT of searching we discovered Texas Trail Rides. We recently relocated from So Cal to Austin, convinced our 3 girls (8, 11, and 12) to sideline surf and skimboards for a more rugged opportunity at life ... ok, so that didn't go that well either ... Flailing, and 2 weeks into our "adventure," I booked a 2 hour ride for the 4 of us. The heavens opened up and the angles sang ... absolutely beautiful!!!!! AND THIS WAS IN AUGUST!!!!! The owner, Tina (not our guide, his name was Scott - amazing), encourage the girls to hang out with the horses. She encouraged them to cool them off, walk them, feed them, give them treats and then .... un-tack them and put the stuff back where it should go .. (ok, so I watched from a shady picnic bench drinking my ice cold bottle of water ... thank you for providing this!!!) She made 3 indulgent girls from SoCal responsible, owned up to chores and also said ... yes ma'am ... I then fell off the picnic bench .... Really, it was only water .... I think we hung out for an additional full hour and we were never hurried off. Other riders came and went, but the girls were in heaven. We have returned several times and have had the same, safe, amazing experience. My youngest wants to have her birthday party her too!!!! Our oldest rode for over 2 years in SoCal (western and some English) - lesson started in lesson ended - 60 min total. Pay your fee, thank you. I keep telling our girls "you would NEVER be allowed to do this in CA" ... pen cattle (she had 3 cows for 1 month - we we lucky!!!), pole and barrel race (lower arena), help bandage a cut on a horse, galloping Arabian horses full-tilt ... My 12 year old actually smiled and laughed ... Thank you for being so accommodating. Deep down inside ... i hope nobody reads this ....

Visited August 2013
Katy, Texas
11 attraction reviews
“Be aware!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I hesitated to write this review, as my experience was probably not typical. We booked a trail ride and skeet shooting session with Tina over Mother's Day weekend to celebrate Mother's Day as well as my husband's birthday. We traveled with our two teenage sons (13 and 15). It had rained hard the night before our scheduled ride, so the regular trail was closed and we had to ride on an alternate route. My husband felt very special getting to ride on a Clydesdale horse for the first time. He is the most experienced rider in the family, while the rest of us had ridden 2-3 times before on similar trail rides in the area (Dude ranches in Bandera). We were disappointed to not get to ride on the trails we had read about in tripadvisor, but were happy to still get to ride. It was only the four of us plus the guide. The alternate trail was OK but not great, as we were mainly on rocky narrow trails with no views. My horse (West) acted up from the very beginning as he insisted on getting behind the rest of our group to then run to catch up. I felt a little distressed and asked the guide about the horse, and he explained that the horses that they use are horses rescued from shelters. He told me to keep the rains firm and do my best to not let the horse get behind. Well, that was easier said than done! At the end of our trail we got to an open meadow where my horse took off and I fell off. I could not get back up as I had intense pain in my shoulder and hip. The guide left us to chase down my horse, while my husband tried desperately to give an ambulance directions. We are not from the area and had no idea where we were, as we had followed one of their trucks to the beginning of the trails. To make a long story short, the ambulance finally showed up and took me to a hospital in Austin where I spent the night for observation due to the pains in my body and bleeding in the head (no helmets were offered by the guide and we forgot to ask for them!). I ended up with a type 3 AC separation in my shoulder and was released the next day with strong pain killers as I was black and blue all over, but especially on my pinkies (from pulling on the reins!) and hip. The hospital and ambulance bill ended up being close to $43,000 and I missed out on my mother's day brunch the next day at the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort. To top it off, Tina still charged us $500 for the trail ride. I do not recommend this business as they are not using reliable and trained horses (rescue horses!) or offered helmets. I am only thankful that it was me and not one of the kids who fell off. Five months later, we are still trying to find out how to pay for all the medical bills and how to best rehabilitate my shoulder after missing out on many nights of sleep due to pain and a summer of sitting on the sidelines while the rest of the family would bike, swim, zip-line, hike, and play at our mountain vacation. Needless to say, I will never ride on a horse again!

Visited May 2013