“Great new menu additions!” 4 of 5 stars

512.342.2700
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roaring Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 2,939 Restaurants in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Southwestern
Good for: Entertaining clients, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between The Domain and Arboretum
Description: The Roaring Fork captures the spirit of bold American cuisine matched with a contemporary Western ambiance and unmatched service, creating upscale flavors that crackle with a rugged edge. Select from lamb, chicken, beef, pork and fresh fish entrees all perfectly prepared by wood fire rotisserie, open flame grill or wood oven roasting.
Austin
“Great new menu additions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We go to Roaring Fork on a regular basis and really enjoy the food and service. They recently added some new menu items and we had two that rated a mention. Mussels with chorizo was my wifes favorite with a big bowl of steamed mussels in a wine chorizo sauce/broth. It is fantastic. We also had the new tomato salad with cheese and basalmic dressing. Very nice and very large tomatoes.

The burger is great and the trout is a standout.

Nice improvement on a good menu.

• Visited September 2013

College Station, Texas
“Great meal in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was one of our favorite overall dining experiences - all of the food was excellent, wine selection and drinks great, and the location was convenient. And the ambience and décor were perfect for a meal with friends. It was more casual than a standard upscale steakhouse but every bit as good.

• Visited July 2013
Austin, Texas
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Food was fantastic a bit pricey but worth every penny Service was excellent Love the atmosphere I will return for sure!

• Visited September 2013
Georgetown, Texas
“Very Nice Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We've dined at Roaring Forks two or three occasions and each time has been a very positive experience. Our reservations were honored immediately (even @ 6:30 PM and the height of happy hour). The wait staff was very good, the food excellent and the ambience was great.

A very good dining experience.

• Visited August 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
“Fantastic steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I've been to the Roaring Fork at Stonelake a number of times - it's one of my favorite restaurants in Austin. The building is warm and inviting, and the deck over the quarry lake under cedar trees is marvelous. I've always loved the food, but usually stuck to the $15-$20 items to stay on budget. They are all fantastic - very creative and great use of local ingredients. But last time was my birthday so I decided to splurge on the bone-in rib-eye. I ordered it medium-rare and, in a first for me, the wait staff flipped on a flashlight in the dimly-lit room and asked me to cut into my steak to check the temperature. He then spotlighted my cut so that I could see clearly. In this case, the steak came in medium, and it was immediately whisked away and a new one prepared. The second time around it was perfect, and the manager came around to make sure it was OK. The wood-fired steaks were perfectly seasoned and beautifully charred on the outside. The meat was mouth-wateringly tender. I had mine Oscar style, and the crab sauce was divine - a fantastic accompaniment for he steak. It also came on a bed of perfectly crisp asparagus. For starters I had the fried avocado with crab - still one of my most favorite appetizer anywhere. Yea we paid a lot, but I loved every minute of it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Roaring Fork? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Roaring Fork, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.