“Go for It!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Rocket Electrics Tours offers Austin's only comprehensive electric bike tour service. Unlike traditional bikes, electric bikes offer riders the ease of use as the electric motor quietly and effortless glides you around the city. Come find out why Rocket Electrics Tour consistently one of the top tours in Austin. Guided Tours: Foodie Tour 4pm-8pm - Includes a guide, electric bike, and four courses for food from the coolest spots in town. Private tours are available for more flexible start times. Live Music Capital of the World Tour 4pm-8pm - For this tour we hire full time working Austin musicians to guide you through the city and uncover Austin's musical heritage. The tour climax is a live performance by the artist overlooking downtown Austin. Many seasoned world travels have said it is simply the best tour they have every experienced. Lady Bird Lake Tour 11:30am-2pm - Get a great overview of Austin and see some great sights. Stops included Stevie Ray Vaughn Statue, Doug Sahm Hill, Barton Springs, Zilker Park, and Rainey Street. Private tours are available for more flexible start times. Self-Guided Tours: If you prefer to find your own way around town take our electric bikes out for the day or even overnight. We will provide maps and make sure you get pointed in the right direction for anything you would like to see. We even have door to door ebike delivery that can have bikes delivered right to your hotel or rental (within Austin City Limits) All tours begin at the Rocket Electrics shop at 1608 East Riverside Dr 78741, One mile Southeast of downtown Austin. Our shop is directly connected to the famous Austin Hike and Bike trail system and has unlimited free parking. Our tours can accommodate groups as small as 2 and as large as 30. Custom tours are available for groups of 5 or more. Please visit our website for more details and booking information.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Go for It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This tour was one of the highlights of our trip! We made the drive from St. Louis to Austin to do something different over NYE. I am thrilled we signed up for the Food tour with Rocket Electrics. The bikes are so much fun to ride (they go up to 30mph!) and John was a great host. We stopped at some amazing establishments that we would have never known about-- Russia House, Casino El Camino and Via 313 Pizza... they were all incredible!

Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“Really Great Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had a wonderful couple hours using this cool new techology. John was a great guide for our group of five, and we got a good overview of Austin, plus the bikes are just fun. We highly recommend renting or a tour to anyone visiting Austin. The tandem was a hoot. Go for it!

Visited January 2013
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Best Attraction I Have Ever Done”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I had decided to visit Austin for the NYE Holiday, and while the whole city was great and we did many things, this by far was the best. It was so good that I truly feel that out of all of the places I have been this was my favorite thing to do on ANY trip. It was so good, I decided to join TripAdvisor just to write the review.

I am going to keep the details light on where we went, because not knowing where exactly where we were going was half the fun. My wife and I did the Austin Foodie Tour. If you love trying new things both in food and in life experiences this is the ideal package for you. We went to four Bars/Trailers/Restuarants and each one was different than the next with different food. This tour is so good that the friends we had visited, who have lived there for over a year so, had never heard of these places! That's a unique feeling to be able to tell your friends who are residents of Austin of places that they never knew existed and how good it was.

The staff was out of this world friendly. They want to know everything about you, and want to tell you everything about why they love Austin. They even ask before hand of anyone with dietary restrictions or food allergies. Then the Owner, John, decides on the spot where we are going to go based on his little pre-interviews with all the members of the group. He doesn't have a set itinerary beforehand, which is so cool because it makes it feel spontaneous and unique, because its based on the group and each group and tour he does is different!

They do a brief overview of each bike, and then you go on a test run behind the building. Listen, my parents make fun of my for learning to ride a bike late, and my wife hadn't ridden a bike in around 12 years, DO NOT BE SCARED of trying this out. The electric bike works both as a scooter and regular bike, and you have a leader(John the Owner) and his partner in cycling Johnny as the sweeper(Last guy) So you will never feel in danger or left behind. There is no level of bike rider you have to be to enjoy this trip.

The food and locations they chose were out of this world. I had the best burger I have ever had on the trip. What makes it better is the interaction with John and Johnny. They both LOVE Austin and their enthusiasm for their city and their job is infectious. If I lived in a city like Austin, in the city itself, I would be buying myself an Electric Bike from John and the people at Rocket Electrics. When(Not IF) I come back to Austin, I want to try another one of the tours.

Please, if it fits your schedule, You must go do this! This was an awesome experience and one I would recommend to anyone. Young, old, single, married, tons of kids, no kids, skinny, out of shape, clumsy, resident, or visitor...EVERYONE needs to do this.

Nashville, Tennessee
24 attraction reviews
“Coolest Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I wanted to do a food tour of Austin, since there are so many great spots to eat, but the regular walking one I had found was sold out. So after doing some research on Trip Advisor, I came across the food tour that Rocket Electrics does. I'm SO glad the other one wasn't an option, because this was way cooler!

First of all, the bikes. They are VERY easy to ride! I hadn't been on a bike in 10-15 years, but after a few turns (and almost falls!) I finally got back into the swing of things! Our guides (owner John and Johnny of the Staylyns) were there to help you and didn't make me feel stupid at all; they were encouraging! And since they are electric, there's really no work involved. We did do a tour that ended at night, so while we were riding back I couldn't see and accidently hit a curb. I was fine, just felt a little silly, and I have two big ole bruises to show for it! :) But I'm naturally clumsey, and no one else had problems! :) I'd do it again in a heartbeat, and this time actually WATCH where I'm going! These bikes are amazing, and my husband and I both wanted one at the end of it!

Nicole (owner), John, and Johnny were completely awesome! So responsive about any questions we had, before and after the tour. They made the whole experience so cool. We chatted with Johnny about music (he is in a group called the Staylyns, you definitely need to check them out, VERY talented group) and chatted with John about how he came up with this concept. Very interesting and wonderful people, easy to spend hours with!

The food was AMAZING. We hit up spots that I wouldn't have been able to find by just browsing around the net. John and Johnny led us to spots where there wasn't a crazy wait but the food was just as good (if not better) than popular spots around Austin!

I would absolutely recommend this tour to anyone! When I visit again, I'd like to try one of their other tours that they offer. Thank you all so much for a great time, we loved it!

Orlando, Florida
32 attraction reviews
“Rocket on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We visited Austin with our three children - ages 14, 11 and 8. It was cold and grey - but we were only there for one day - so we went ahead and took the music tour on the electric bikes. This ended up being my kids FAVORITE thing we did all trip (and it was a 1600 mile week long road trip through 5 cities!) They loved the bikes and the adults loved the tour. And we all loved the live music concert at the end from the Staylyns!
Our 8 year old road the back of the tandem bike with Dad and the two older kiddies rode their own. The staff is super friendly and helpful answering any questions and the bikes are really easy to use. Our guide gave us great tips on where to go for yummy BBQ after and the owners were helpful in pointing us to other local attractions.
Take this tour. You will not be disappointed.