“Great stay. Great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11201 N. Mopac Expressway, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #86 of 189 Hotels in Austin
“Great stay. Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently stayed here for an Austin vacation. Our room was great. Both clean and seemed new like it was recently updated. Breakfast was good. Well supplied and a good start to the day. There is a train that runs in back of the hotel but we didn't notice during sleeping hours. Only downside is that nowhere is really walkable but location makes it a quick drive with easy access. We extended a day no problem. Will definitely look back here next time we are in Austin

Stayed January 2015
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Bucky V,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Yes, our hotel was recently updated in a renovation that we completed in September. I am glad you found our breakfast a great way to start your day, we try to make sure that it is well stocked with items to suit everybody's tastebuds and start their day of right! We look forward to hosting your next stay in Austin!

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel!

Ryan D. Plain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

It has been several weeks since I stayed at this property. It was a delightful visit and convenient location. The staff was very courteous and professional. The rooms were quiet, clean and well maintained. The bed was extremely comfortable. I will definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, December 10, 2014
Dear Nancy J,

I appreciate you reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am overjoyed to read that you enjoyed our location, staff, and quality of our rooms. It is our goal to provide every guest with a pleasant experience and I am glad to hear that we have done that for you!

We are looking forward to your next visit!

Alpine, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014

It's been a few weeks since I stayed so I hope I am remembering correctly, because I don't recall some of the negative things that have been posted with regards to noise. Booked at this hotel for location. The Courtyard was sold out, and the Embassy Suites was more expensive. Great location. Better than average breakfast with hot oatmeal and fruit. Friendly front desk staff. No complaints.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Grandma Cy,

Thank you so much for leaving a review of our hotel. I am so glad that you saw the value of our hotel! The quality and level of service that we provide is comparable to some of the larger hotels in our area, but typically at a better price!

I am so glad you chose to stay with us and I hope we will get to host your stay again next time you are in town!

Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2014

I had to make 6 trips to Austin this past year for business. This hotel is an awesome location so close to everything. They went through a renovation during the year and the hotel looks awesome. The staff is so friendly and helpful. Lots of choices at breakfast. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. On one of my trips there was even a baseball team with tons of kids but the hotel was quiet and we never heard anything, nice outdoor pool.

Room Tip: There is a train that runs close so try to get on the other side of the train track for a quieter ro...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, December 2, 2014
Dear Barbara,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. I am so happy that you like our renovation! We appreciate hearing our guests feedback about the renovation. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stays with us in 2014 and we are looking forward to hosting your stays here in the future!

Aranjuez, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2014

The room is quite confortable with a king size bed, two TV, air condition, sofa, and a good desk to work. The breakfast is ok, with fruit, muffins, yogurt, gofre machine, toast,.. but it could be better.
The negative point goes to the noise. On one side you have the highway but in the other side you have the train. It is up to you to chose which side of the hotel to stay.

Room Tip: I thing the train side is the best choice as the train goes every few hours. The side of the highway...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Koldomunoz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel on Tripadvisor! It sounds like you stayed in one of our King Suites! These rooms are awesome, and you mentioned one of my favorite features (the desk) which is perfect to accommodate everybody's working style because its big and spacious and on wheels so you can move it all around the room. You said that our breakfast could be better, if you have any suggestions please feel free to email me at ryan.plain2@marriott.com as we do our best to accommodate all of our guests needs and provide an excellent breakfast.

Thank you again for your review.

Metairie, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

I previously did a review on March 14, 2013. I have stayed here several more times since then, and I wanted to post a followup review.

I am always impressed with how friendly, courteous and professional the staff are here. That shows that this place has really good people working there and is well managed. This fact combined with the place always being very clean, having a good complimentary breakfast and free Wi-Fi are why I am return customer. The rooms might be a little outdated, but that's not a negative for me.

The first time I stayed here in 2013, I was a victim of the overnight freight train noise that this place can have if you're on that side of the building. Lesson learned, I now always ask for the highway side when I stay here.

At my last stay here in October 2014, they were fully booked for a family reunion, and I got put on the railroad side of the building. Unfortunately it was a very busy railroad traffic night. Also the A/C in that room was abnormally loud compared to other rooms I've stayed in before here. I hardly slept at all that night. The next morning I requested to be moved. I had to repack all of my things that morning and could not go to another room until that afternoon. My new room was by the elevator where there was a lot of loud talking at the elevators that bothered me. Also the room next to me had extremely loud and annoying country music early Saturday morning, and it penetrated through the wall. I'll write off this particular stay as just bad luck because of the noisy and inconsiderate family reunion crowd staying there, and won't hold it against the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highway side and not on the railroad side as there can be loud freight train t...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, November 21, 2014
Dear Henri,

Thank you so much for re-reviewing our hotel! I am glad to see that our team still impresses you, I think our staff is the best in the business and they are the reason why our guests (like you) come back again and again.

I am so sorry about the noisy neighbors you had on your most recent stay. I would like to request that next time you have this issue that you let our team know and we will be more than happy to address it with our other guests. Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable stay, and I am sorry that your neighbors prevented you from getting the rest you deserved.

I hope you will continue to visit our hotel in the future, and I hope that one day I will get to meet you in person and get to thank you for your kind and informative re-review.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

I've stayed here in the past and it's a great location if you want to be close to the Domain. I'm not sure about the reviews with the noisr or train tracks as I have not encountered this. They have complimentary breakfast and I never paid for wi-fi (Marriott Gold). Not sure if you pay for wi-fi.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear KN,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. You are not alone, many of our guests are never bothered by the train!

Our location near the Domain makes our hotel perfect for both business travelers and for just people wanting to get away for a shopping vacation! Our internet is complimentary for all of our guests (along with breakfast and parking)! Its just one of the many awesome things we offer to all of our guests!

Thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott brand. I hope we are able to see you next time you are in town.

Ryan D. Plain

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum? Share your experiences!