“Clean and convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11201 N. Mopac Expressway, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #90 of 184 hotels in Austin
Toronto, Canada
“Clean and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel lines up with the other hotels in the chain with clean and updated amenities. The breakfast selection is what you would expect and although the hotel was renovating a bit it wasn't bothersome. Very nice and friendly staff who gave me very good recommendations for dinner.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Crofton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend while attending a wedding in the Austin area. We were very pleasantly surprised by the hotel (even during some renovations) and the wonderful staff. It was very easy to checkin and the King Suite we stayed in was very roomy and well maintained. We were especially impressed by the breakfast served in the morning. We are used to the "cookie cutter" type of breakfast buffets in hotels....mealy scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage link, stale pasty and burned coffee. Not so here! Real eggs, very good coffee, Texas shaped waffles, and salsa and cheese with which to top your scrambled eggs. Nice place to stay with a very friendly staff.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear SGrundmeier,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review for our hotel! I am so glad you enjoyed your experience with our staff and our breakfast. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our guests, and I am glad that you enjoyed the wonderful team we have here. Our breakfast is not your typical breakfast at all, so I am overjoyed to hear you noticed! We work hard to put out a fresh and delicious breakfast to ensure that our guests have a great start to each and ever day!

I am relieved that you mentioned the renovation, as our goal for the renovation has been to improve our hotel for future guests, while minimizing the affects on our current guests.

We are looking forward to hosting your future stays! Thank you again for the fantastic review.

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stayed in one of the renovated rooms which really was brand new. Super clean, and tastefully decorated. Amenities in the room were low, no fridge and only basic toiletries. Unfortunately it faced the back of the hotel where freight trains rumble by 2-3 times a night, and are loud enough to wake you from a sleep (one night in my half asleep haze I thought it was a UFO for a half second). You want a room facing the front for sure.

Self serve breakfast was included and quite good. A diverse mix including hot eggs, sausages, bacon, waffles and some delicious cupcakes.

Stayed July 2014
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear TimmerOttawa,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and to let us know how you feel about our newly renovated rooms. I am so glad to know that you enjoyed the new décor and our complimentary breakfast.
I do apologize for the train, fortunately they do not blow the train whistle, but I can understand how the noise can disturb your sleep. For that reason, our rooms are equipped with noise reducing curtains (the thicker curtains behind the sheer curtain), a noise baffler attached outside of the air conditioning unit, and we have ear plugs available upon request.
I hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in town!
Midlothian, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My "Excellent" Rating does not signify that this is one of the best properties that I have ever stayed at, but that it was certainly better than I expected. I expect slightly better than average service and quality from Marriott properties and this was better than that.

As mentioned in earlier reviews, they are currently in the middle of a renovation, but you only notice this in the parking lot, or if you happen to be in your room during the day. My wife was at a culinary conference and I had my three kids. We played in the room one day and heard a bunch of noise, but it wasn't that bad.

The room was super clean which is one of the most important things I look at. The furnishings in my room still look fantastic, no dings, dents or scratches. Additionally, the housekeeping staff cleaned our room everytday to our satisfaction. They were also quick to provide us with extra towels.

Our room faced the RR that was mentioned in a few posts. Despite the curtains and the roaor of the AC, you can still hear it. The noise did make it a little more difficult to get to sleep, but once we were out, we didn't wake up until morning.

The pool is a little small (maybe 25 feet by 10 feet). There was a large family reunion here that dominated the pool one day, so it cut our pool time a little short, but if you're not planning on hanging out at the hotel, this shouldn't really matter.

The breakfast was decent. There were a lot more options than your typical continental breakfast provides. There were waffles, eggs, sausage, pastries, bagles, cereals, oatmeal, breakfast sandwiches, and a few other things.

The hotel is also only minutes away from shopping and a number of good restaurants. I'm not a huge fan of 6th Street, so this location is good for me.

The best part of this hotel, is the staff. Having previously worked in customer service for 8 years, it is really the only thing that matters to me. I can tell you that these guys are top notch. The front desk staff was always polite. During check-in they were extremely efficient. We were always greeted when we came back into the hotel, and the front desk staff offered cookies to my kids on more than one occasion.

This is the HQ hotel for my wife's conference, so we will no doubt be back, but we would stay here again in heartbeat anyways.

Room Tip: If you have trouble getting to sleep at night, ask for a room that faces the parking lot, not the tr...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
kfraga212,

Thank you for your spectacular review! We always love to hear feedback from our guests stays! I am delighted to hear that you liked our rooms and that our housekeeping team was to your satisfaction as well as our delivery of extra towels. I am also very glad to hear that we have succeeded in our goal of having our renovation minimally impact our guests.

Im reading your review I have to agree with you, that this is a fantastic part of Austin! We are not downtown, but being so close to the Domain is so convenient for our guests and makes for numerous things to do very close to our hotel!

I will definitely pass on your praise of our staff. I know we try our best to greet all of our guests, and I am happy that we were able to stand out in your memory of our hotel. I am looking forward to your stay next year for the conference!

Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I had a personal trip to this hotel for the third time, and they were all great.this time amy and Diana really went over the top in friendliness as well as being very professional. anything extra I needed they provided me without a problem. amy even gave me extra points for pointing out the beds needed replacing. I will be back to stay again! the breakfast was awesome, the food was hot and plenty of it. I really liked the cleanliness of the whole place.

Room Tip: stay on the rear side of the hotel away from the freeway
Green Features: like it! this is a big part of the Marriott chains effort to save the environment.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear john f,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. I am so glad that Amy and Diana were able to treat you like a royal! We strive to provide that treatment to all of our guests, and I am so glad to hear that you had that experience and Amy resolved the issue with your mattress. I'm sure she told you, but we are experiencing a full renovation this summer and will be receiving all new mattresses and pillows. I am sure you will enjoy the plush new mattresses, along with the new décor, on your next stay.

We are looking forward to seeing you next time you are in the Austin area and hearing about your next stay!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Had to find a hotel for a Family event. Found this one and was pleased. The breakfast was better than I expected. The hid-a-way bed was not too comfortable for my son, and the sheets came off of the king bed while my wife and I slept. I had to ask for more pillows as there were not enough for my wife, my son, and me. The pillows are very soft so be aware of that. When they say check in time is 3pm; it is 3pm. We got there before 3pm, they did not have many rooms available. They did offer us something on the first floor, but I did not want to be on the first floor. Often you read the a/c did not work, not here as it is was great. Overall, I would recommend this place and if I have to go back to Austin, I will try to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Bruce S,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel on Tripadvisor! I am glad that you overall enjoyed your stay and would recommend us in the future! I do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with the sleeper sofa and sheets, as I have said in responses to other reviews this summer our hotel will be undergoing a full renovation which will provide us with new sleeper sofas to ensure that the entire family experiences a restful night's sleep.

I hope you will come back and stay with us next time you are in Austin!

Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with our 3 year old and 6 month old. Checked in and got the room situated. Traveling with kiddos we had a lot of stuff. Right away our room was small. Way too much funiture in the room for that small of a room. We had a king suite with a fold out couch. When we got back to the hotel we got our daughters bed situated and found out the entire bed frame for the pull out was destroyed! Metal bent and in pieces. My husband called the front desk and they had to move us at 11 at night... Girls and everything else in tote. Next room was fine the fold out worked and we were sleep by midnight only to learn quickly how close this hotel was to a set of train tracks. For the next 2 nights of our stay that's all I heard. It was Awful!! By the end of it I was so ready to go home. Pillows were also super tiny and the room seemed outdated compared to other Marriott's I have stayed in recently.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear ladyonthego11,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and let us know about the broken sofa sleeper. There is no excuse for a broken sleeper sofa and I will immediately look into how that was missed and not corrected sooner, but I am glad that our staff was able to get you in a new room quickly so you could get your kiddos into bed. This summer we will be completing a full renovation, which will provide us with all new updated décor, sleeper sofas, and pillows, to ensure that your entire family will get a restful night's sleep. I hope that next time you are in Austin, that you will give us another chance to show you what a great hotel we are.

Ryan D. Plain

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum? Share your experiences!