“amy and diana treated me royally!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11201 N. Mopac Expressway, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #88 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Irving, Texas
“amy and diana treated me royally!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I had a personal trip to this hotel for the third time, and they were all great.this time amy and Diana really went over the top in friendliness as well as being very professional. anything extra I needed they provided me without a problem. amy even gave me extra points for pointing out the beds needed replacing. I will be back to stay again! the breakfast was awesome, the food was hot and plenty of it. I really liked the cleanliness of the whole place.

Room Tip: stay on the rear side of the hotel away from the freeway
Green Features: like it! this is a big part of the Marriott chains effort to save the environment.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear john f,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. I am so glad that Amy and Diana were able to treat you like a royal! We strive to provide that treatment to all of our guests, and I am so glad to hear that you had that experience and Amy resolved the issue with your mattress. I'm sure she told you, but we are experiencing a full renovation this summer and will be receiving all new mattresses and pillows. I am sure you will enjoy the plush new mattresses, along with the new décor, on your next stay.

We are looking forward to seeing you next time you are in the Austin area and hearing about your next stay!

Ryan D. Plain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Had to find a hotel for a Family event. Found this one and was pleased. The breakfast was better than I expected. The hid-a-way bed was not too comfortable for my son, and the sheets came off of the king bed while my wife and I slept. I had to ask for more pillows as there were not enough for my wife, my son, and me. The pillows are very soft so be aware of that. When they say check in time is 3pm; it is 3pm. We got there before 3pm, they did not have many rooms available. They did offer us something on the first floor, but I did not want to be on the first floor. Often you read the a/c did not work, not here as it is was great. Overall, I would recommend this place and if I have to go back to Austin, I will try to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Bruce S,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel on Tripadvisor! I am glad that you overall enjoyed your stay and would recommend us in the future! I do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with the sleeper sofa and sheets, as I have said in responses to other reviews this summer our hotel will be undergoing a full renovation which will provide us with new sleeper sofas to ensure that the entire family experiences a restful night's sleep.

I hope you will come back and stay with us next time you are in Austin!

Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed here with our 3 year old and 6 month old. Checked in and got the room situated. Traveling with kiddos we had a lot of stuff. Right away our room was small. Way too much funiture in the room for that small of a room. We had a king suite with a fold out couch. When we got back to the hotel we got our daughters bed situated and found out the entire bed frame for the pull out was destroyed! Metal bent and in pieces. My husband called the front desk and they had to move us at 11 at night... Girls and everything else in tote. Next room was fine the fold out worked and we were sleep by midnight only to learn quickly how close this hotel was to a set of train tracks. For the next 2 nights of our stay that's all I heard. It was Awful!! By the end of it I was so ready to go home. Pillows were also super tiny and the room seemed outdated compared to other Marriott's I have stayed in recently.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear ladyonthego11,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and let us know about the broken sofa sleeper. There is no excuse for a broken sleeper sofa and I will immediately look into how that was missed and not corrected sooner, but I am glad that our staff was able to get you in a new room quickly so you could get your kiddos into bed. This summer we will be completing a full renovation, which will provide us with all new updated décor, sleeper sofas, and pillows, to ensure that your entire family will get a restful night's sleep. I hope that next time you are in Austin, that you will give us another chance to show you what a great hotel we are.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

If you are lulled to sleep by the loud rumbling of trains, this is your place! If you want to sleep, not so much. There was a family having a BBQ out by the dumpster under our window late at night (the grill was still chained to it In the morning) and a uniformed police officer showed up in the lobby.

The one positive was that the bathroom was spotless.

Next time we will probably stay somewhere else. This place was just too weird.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear CarryonBag78,

Thank you for leaving feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am very sorry that you had a weird experience at our hotel and were not provided with a quiet night's sleep. Our rooms do come equipped with noise reducing curtains and air conditioner bafflers to minimize the train noises.

I have looked into the grill in our parking lot, and we did recently have a group in house that hosted a small gathering and had grilled in our parking lot. I personally apologize if that disturbed you. If any of our guests had mentioned it to our staff, I can assure you we would immediately request the group to quiet down.

As for the uniformed Police officer in our lobby, we always welcome our local Police force to enjoy coffee in our lobby while they are on duty. So I am assuming that this is the reasoning you saw a uniformed Police officer.

I hope you will give us another chance, the next time you are in town. As I know you will find us less "weird".

San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We just recently spent the weekend (end of May) at this hotel to attend a graduation of a family member. Our daughter made the reservation for our convenience but had never stayed here herself, and we have never patronized Fairfield Inn. (& do not plan to return in the future)

So what was good? If you are a breakfast eater, the complimentary breakfast had a large variety of breakfast choices that seemed to satisfy most people. That is it.

Location - although situated in a popular area of NW Austin, it has to be the most awkward site for a hotel imaginable, It is located very close to the MoPAC ( Missouri Pacific) rail line, and Highway and the train and highway noise is apparent at times during the quiet of the evening. Access to the hotel is limited to the one-way highway service road and one is forced to make repeated circles to be able to travel in any direction.

Sleeping - our room was furnished with a king size bed and postage stamp sized pillows. Better pillows can be found at the Dollar Store - they were certainly not up to standard for a hotel that has Marriott in it's name. They were flat, gave no real support and looked silly on the large bed.
In addition, the sheets and mattress cover were ill fitting and did not stay properly in place if one moved slightly while sleeping. The room A/C unit is the same as those found in all motels without central heat or air. It sits under the window and blows air into the room. On the plus side, it was controlled by a thermostat on the wall, but the usual cycling on and off was annoying, and disturbing for sleeping even set on low fan speed.

So why did we stay for 3 nights? In order to obtain a supposedly highly discounted rate for the room, our daughter had to provide her credit card and prepay the total amount of charges in advance when she booked on- line. The restrictions were, no changes to the reservation, and cancellation would result in loosing the full amount of the prepayment. As it turns out, the entire amount was charged to our credit card when we checked out. ( double billed?) Even this simple transaction seemed botched as we were not expecting the charges on our credit card as our daughter had contacted the hotel and was advised by a staff member that we would not be charged. (She has notes on this conversation)

Although the staff seemed friendly and smiling, their training and experience is questionable after our experience. There are a number of competing hotels in this vicinity that would be worth investigating before deciding to stay at this Fairfield Inn.

Room Tip: Do not expect much.
Green Features: They supposedly have them such as re-using your towels - are you kidding?
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Aen45,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and letting us know about your stay.

I cant apologize enough for the experience you had at our hotel. Our number one priority is to provide our guests with a great nights sleep, and I am so sorry that you did not experience that. We are currently undergoing a full renovation, during which I can assure you we will be replacing all of our mattresses, pillows, blankets, and linens.

Our Advanced Purchase rates are offered to guests who book well in advance of their stay, and it is supposed to be beneficial for our guests with the discount and to pay in advance and not have to worry about payment once they arrive. Unfortunately, the experience you had was not ideal, and we will address this issue and retrain our staff on the policies of the Advance Purchase rates.

Again, I am so sorry for your experience and I hope that your will try a Fairfield Inn & Suites again the future and experience all that we are about.

North Richland Hills, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I wouldn't have stayed here due to the proximity to downtown (about 10 miles NW) but I had no choice. Everything was sold out and I had to pay ahead of time to get a room. Not sure if it was because it was Memorial Day weekend but I wanted to be closer to downtown and couldn't find anything else under $150/night that was available. I had a car and it didn't ruin my trip but the bed surely did. Crappy pillows and crappy mattress. It's my fault I should have asked for more pillows but it wouldn't have helped the mattress situation. My biggest complaint about this place is you can't see the entrance until it's almost too late. If you miss the entrance due to the tree overgrowth you will have to make a huge U-turn and go back to Braker Ln to start over. That being said, I will say that the front desk staff was very nice and spoke to us everytime we passed by through the lobby. The room was clean but the A/C was outrageously loud. It would wake me up when it cycled on and sounded like I was laying in a wind tunnel. For a basic stay, it's a good hotel, free parking, free Wi-Fi and free breakfast but that's it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Trip4AWeekend,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! Im glad we were able to accommodate your stay this past Memorial Day weekend. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your sleep here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest, it is one of our main priorities to provide our guests with an exceptional night's sleep. For that reason, this summer we will be replacing all of our mattresses throughout the hotel. We are also currently in discussion with our landscaping team to make our hotel more visible from the frontage road to ensure that our guests can see us prior to the driveway.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to host your stay next time you are in Austin, so you can see for yourself the improvements that we have made for our guests.

Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Friendly front desk crew, basic accommodations. Fridge in room was a plus. Comfy bed and pillows. No HGTV or Food Network on the TV. Bathroom amenities were basic brands like Pantene and the soap was the cheapest hotel soap out there. For a basic stay it is fine. Free breakfast was ok. Coffee pretty good. Parking pretty decent, surface lot. Good location close to Domain and Arboretum. Overall nothing special but met my basic needs.

Room Tip: I didn't have any noise issues but my room faced Mo-Pac.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear ABCinATL,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. While I am glad that we met your basic needs, I am disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations. It our goal to impress each and every one of our guests with our friendly and attentive customer service and clean and comfortable rooms, and I am so sorry that we did not do that for you.

I hope that next time you are in Austin you will let us have the opportunity to go above and beyond average for you.

Ryan D. Plain

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum? Share your experiences!