“Typical Fairfield” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11201 N. Mopac Expressway, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #84 of 191 Hotels in Austin
North Richland Hills, Texas
“Typical Fairfield”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I wouldn't have stayed here due to the proximity to downtown (about 10 miles NW) but I had no choice. Everything was sold out and I had to pay ahead of time to get a room. Not sure if it was because it was Memorial Day weekend but I wanted to be closer to downtown and couldn't find anything else under $150/night that was available. I had a car and it didn't ruin my trip but the bed surely did. Crappy pillows and crappy mattress. It's my fault I should have asked for more pillows but it wouldn't have helped the mattress situation. My biggest complaint about this place is you can't see the entrance until it's almost too late. If you miss the entrance due to the tree overgrowth you will have to make a huge U-turn and go back to Braker Ln to start over. That being said, I will say that the front desk staff was very nice and spoke to us everytime we passed by through the lobby. The room was clean but the A/C was outrageously loud. It would wake me up when it cycled on and sounded like I was laying in a wind tunnel. For a basic stay, it's a good hotel, free parking, free Wi-Fi and free breakfast but that's it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Trip4AWeekend,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! Im glad we were able to accommodate your stay this past Memorial Day weekend. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your sleep here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest, it is one of our main priorities to provide our guests with an exceptional night's sleep. For that reason, this summer we will be replacing all of our mattresses throughout the hotel. We are also currently in discussion with our landscaping team to make our hotel more visible from the frontage road to ensure that our guests can see us prior to the driveway.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to host your stay next time you are in Austin, so you can see for yourself the improvements that we have made for our guests.

Ryan D. Plain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Friendly front desk crew, basic accommodations. Fridge in room was a plus. Comfy bed and pillows. No HGTV or Food Network on the TV. Bathroom amenities were basic brands like Pantene and the soap was the cheapest hotel soap out there. For a basic stay it is fine. Free breakfast was ok. Coffee pretty good. Parking pretty decent, surface lot. Good location close to Domain and Arboretum. Overall nothing special but met my basic needs.

Room Tip: I didn't have any noise issues but my room faced Mo-Pac.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear ABCinATL,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. While I am glad that we met your basic needs, I am disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations. It our goal to impress each and every one of our guests with our friendly and attentive customer service and clean and comfortable rooms, and I am so sorry that we did not do that for you.

I hope that next time you are in Austin you will let us have the opportunity to go above and beyond average for you.

South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Rooms very clean, staff was pleasant. A repairman came in to fix smoke alarm and staff was very polite when this happened. Wasn't an inconvenience to me at all at the time. Breakfast was pretty good for being free every morning! TV was great, internet worked good. Location was OK. You can't really walk to anywhere. It is really close to a mall and other things, but you will definitely need a car.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear twighlight_campfighter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and had time to experience our daily full hot breakfast buffet, I hope you got to try our fresh scrambled eggs, as they are the best!

Yes, walking around our area isn't the easiest method to get around, but for that reason we offer a complimentary shuttle (Monday thru Friday from 7:30am- 8pm) that will go within a five mile radius of our hotel (that includes the Domain Shopping Center, along with many local restaurants and businesses).

I hope we have the opportunity to host your stay again next time you are in town!

CYPRESS, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were in Austin for a car show and loved this hotel, everyone was so friendly, we asked the front desk clerk about a close place to eat, she not only made a suggestion, but gave us a certificate for a free appetizer at that place which was pleasantly unexpected by us. Our room was nice and clean and close to back exit so we didn't have to walk far to our car and the only partial complaint I would have is that the bed was not comfortable as our Serta IComfort bed at home, that was ok though, and by the way, we were on the even numbered side and had several trains come through last night and were not bothered at all, but my father was a railroad engineer and that sound reminds me of good memories of him, we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
CYPRESS98,

Thank you for taking the time out to review the Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest! I hope you enjoyed your time at the car show. I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and that our team was able to recommend a restaurant that you enjoyed. We have a great amount of restaurants in the local area, and we always love to recommend our favorites to our guests.

I hope we can host your stay again next time you are in the area!

Kolding, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Room was clean and at a decent standard. The breakfast was not very good.

When we checked in, the front office staff were very friendly. However, the following staff we meet were coming across as they did not want to be there. Like it was an issue or not their job to call for a taxi. Or really an issue if you asked for a receipt.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bjorn C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I cannot apologize enough that you were not impressed by our hotel, as we try our best to go above and beyond for each and every one of our guests. We pride ourselves on having the cleanest rooms and the friendliest of staff and I am disappointed that you did not feel that our staff was not the friendliest. I will address this with all of our staff members to ensure that we achieve our goals of making all of our guests feel welcome in the future.

I hope you will give us another chance next time you are in town.

Jacksonville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed here a few days while having a family gathering and the staff was very helpful with all sorts of little extras that we didn't even know we needed until they came up.

The room itself seemed oddly arranged at first, but once we were there for a bit we realized that it was on purpose and served the function of giving us a separated sitting area and helped with keeping the noise down from other areas. The arrangement was especially useful for us since we were in town for a family event and sometimes were all in one room to visit and converse.

The room was well kept and clean which are two criteria that we consider a must, and the rest of the hotel seemed well maintained too.

The breakfast was fairly standard stuff for a hotel, maybe a tad better than some. It was kept freshened up throughout the time we spent there on a couple of different mornings, so hot things were hot and cold things were cold, but the selection was pretty simple and you probably wouldn't want to eat there more than a couple of times if you are staying more than a single night.

Where this placed shined was in the service. We mentioned that we were looking for a place in town to have a gathering and they mentioned the poolside gas grill they had out back. It wasn't a huge area, but we managed to grill burgers and dogs for twenty people without any problems. They even cleaned the grill for us and made sure everything was working when we let them know what we had planned.

It is also very close to the Arbor Walk area with lots of good restaurants which they provide shuttle service to/from during certain hours.

The only things that kept this hotel from getting an excellent were the fact that side of the hotel we were on overlooked some railroad tracks and the trains were pretty loud at times and the fact that the exercise room was rather small and stuffy. Most people wouldn't care about the fitness room, I seldom use one myself, but this trip was too long to forgo my routine the whole trip. As for the trains you could try staying on the other side of the building (Odd numbered rooms are on the front of the building). You might get interstate noise on that side, but it wouldn't be as loud at the trains.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ryan P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
David Mc314,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor! We truly appreciate hearing about our guest's experiences at our hotel. We thank you for your kind words about our hotel & staff. We take great pride in providing great service and a clean facility and we are honored to be able to host your family gathering. Our poolside grill was made for guests to enjoy, and we sure do love seeing our guests having a great time!

We hope to host your next family gathering! If your family is booking a large amount of rooms, don't hesitate to contact my Director of Sales, Heather Isaac (heather.isaac@marriott.com) she would love to assist you with planning for your group!

Joshua Tree, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Spent 3 nights - clean rooms. What impressed me was when a guest was late for breakfast - instead of turning away the guest the front desk politely asked what would like me to make you? I was Impressed.

• Stayed March 2014
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor! We truly appreciate hearing about our guest's experiences at our hotel. I am so glad that you had a great experience and enjoyed your stay at our hotel. My team appreciates your compliment, as they work diligently to ensure that we greet every guest that walks through our doors.

Ryan P.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum? Share your experiences!