“No complaints here.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11201 N. Mopac Expressway, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #86 of 187 Hotels in Austin
twilight_campfighter
“No complaints here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Rooms very clean, staff was pleasant. A repairman came in to fix smoke alarm and staff was very polite when this happened. Wasn't an inconvenience to me at all at the time. Breakfast was pretty good for being free every morning! TV was great, internet worked good. Location was OK. You can't really walk to anywhere. It is really close to a mall and other things, but you will definitely need a car.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear twighlight_campfighter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and had time to experience our daily full hot breakfast buffet, I hope you got to try our fresh scrambled eggs, as they are the best!

Yes, walking around our area isn't the easiest method to get around, but for that reason we offer a complimentary shuttle (Monday thru Friday from 7:30am- 8pm) that will go within a five mile radius of our hotel (that includes the Domain Shopping Center, along with many local restaurants and businesses).

I hope we have the opportunity to host your stay again next time you are in town!

Ryan D. Plain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
CYPRESS, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were in Austin for a car show and loved this hotel, everyone was so friendly, we asked the front desk clerk about a close place to eat, she not only made a suggestion, but gave us a certificate for a free appetizer at that place which was pleasantly unexpected by us. Our room was nice and clean and close to back exit so we didn't have to walk far to our car and the only partial complaint I would have is that the bed was not comfortable as our Serta IComfort bed at home, that was ok though, and by the way, we were on the even numbered side and had several trains come through last night and were not bothered at all, but my father was a railroad engineer and that sound reminds me of good memories of him, we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
CYPRESS98,

Thank you for taking the time out to review the Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest! I hope you enjoyed your time at the car show. I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and that our team was able to recommend a restaurant that you enjoyed. We have a great amount of restaurants in the local area, and we always love to recommend our favorites to our guests.

I hope we can host your stay again next time you are in the area!

Kolding, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Room was clean and at a decent standard. The breakfast was not very good.

When we checked in, the front office staff were very friendly. However, the following staff we meet were coming across as they did not want to be there. Like it was an issue or not their job to call for a taxi. Or really an issue if you asked for a receipt.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bjorn C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I cannot apologize enough that you were not impressed by our hotel, as we try our best to go above and beyond for each and every one of our guests. We pride ourselves on having the cleanest rooms and the friendliest of staff and I am disappointed that you did not feel that our staff was not the friendliest. I will address this with all of our staff members to ensure that we achieve our goals of making all of our guests feel welcome in the future.

I hope you will give us another chance next time you are in town.

Jacksonville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed here a few days while having a family gathering and the staff was very helpful with all sorts of little extras that we didn't even know we needed until they came up.

The room itself seemed oddly arranged at first, but once we were there for a bit we realized that it was on purpose and served the function of giving us a separated sitting area and helped with keeping the noise down from other areas. The arrangement was especially useful for us since we were in town for a family event and sometimes were all in one room to visit and converse.

The room was well kept and clean which are two criteria that we consider a must, and the rest of the hotel seemed well maintained too.

The breakfast was fairly standard stuff for a hotel, maybe a tad better than some. It was kept freshened up throughout the time we spent there on a couple of different mornings, so hot things were hot and cold things were cold, but the selection was pretty simple and you probably wouldn't want to eat there more than a couple of times if you are staying more than a single night.

Where this placed shined was in the service. We mentioned that we were looking for a place in town to have a gathering and they mentioned the poolside gas grill they had out back. It wasn't a huge area, but we managed to grill burgers and dogs for twenty people without any problems. They even cleaned the grill for us and made sure everything was working when we let them know what we had planned.

It is also very close to the Arbor Walk area with lots of good restaurants which they provide shuttle service to/from during certain hours.

The only things that kept this hotel from getting an excellent were the fact that side of the hotel we were on overlooked some railroad tracks and the trains were pretty loud at times and the fact that the exercise room was rather small and stuffy. Most people wouldn't care about the fitness room, I seldom use one myself, but this trip was too long to forgo my routine the whole trip. As for the trains you could try staying on the other side of the building (Odd numbered rooms are on the front of the building). You might get interstate noise on that side, but it wouldn't be as loud at the trains.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ryan P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
David Mc314,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor! We truly appreciate hearing about our guest's experiences at our hotel. We thank you for your kind words about our hotel & staff. We take great pride in providing great service and a clean facility and we are honored to be able to host your family gathering. Our poolside grill was made for guests to enjoy, and we sure do love seeing our guests having a great time!

We hope to host your next family gathering! If your family is booking a large amount of rooms, don't hesitate to contact my Director of Sales, Heather Isaac (heather.isaac@marriott.com) she would love to assist you with planning for your group!

Joshua Tree, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Spent 3 nights - clean rooms. What impressed me was when a guest was late for breakfast - instead of turning away the guest the front desk politely asked what would like me to make you? I was Impressed.

• Stayed March 2014
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor! We truly appreciate hearing about our guest's experiences at our hotel. I am so glad that you had a great experience and enjoyed your stay at our hotel. My team appreciates your compliment, as they work diligently to ensure that we greet every guest that walks through our doors.

Ryan P.
Huntsville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Not sure why anyone would build a hotel next to train tracks. Maybe ask for a room not on the train track side--no horns, but still a bit noisy. Plus, the hotel is a little hard to get to, and the 'next door' shopping center is across the tracks and thus a challenge to reach. Overall, it would be easy to use a few issues like this to keep me away--but I've been here before, and I already have another stay booked. Stephany (as spelled on her name tag) was very friendly at check-in; it's a good, modern hotel with a friendly staff and good breakfast (including great fresh fruit!)--at a good price for a weeknight stay.

Room Tip: Ask to not be on the train track side. If you can't get that, it's still okay.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ryan P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Tony,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are planning another stay with us in the future.

I can understand your frustration with the train, so to help our guests enjoy a quiet nights sleep we offer both ear plugs (available on request) and noise reducing curtains in every room. Also, if you are sensitive to noise feel free to request the non-train side rooms when you make a reservation. We always try our best to honor those requests as ensuring a good nights sleep is one of our highest priorities!

We also understand it can be difficult to get around the area sometimes, so for your convenience we offer a shuttle that goes anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel (including many offices in the area in addition to the Domain), ask the front desk next time your in town! I am sure that it will make getting around a lot easier for you!

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Ryan Plain
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference for work for two nights. The hotel was 5 minutes from the conference location, so it was perfect. The check in process was quick and the staff at the hotel are very friendly. Always got a smile and a hello each time I came and went.

I requested a top floor and my request was granted. The king size suite was very spacious, and included a separate living room with a desk and couch. Also came with a fridge and microwave. My only complaint, is my room was directly across from very active train tracks. It was very loud. Not at all the hotels fault, but if you stay there, request a room away from the train tracks. The bathroom was nice and the breakfast was really good. Check out process was speedy, just had to leave my keys in the room. I would definitely stay here again as the location is convenient and the hotel is overall very nice

• Stayed February 2014
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Raquel,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor! You have no idea how much we truly appreciate hearing about our guest's experiences at our hotel. I am so glad that you had a great experience and enjoyed your stay at our hotel. My team appreciates your compliment, as they work diligently to ensure that we greet every guest that walks through our doors.
I am very sorry for the disturbances that you experienced because of the nearby train. I understand it can be an annoyance for some guests, but to ensure that you have a great nights sleep we can always provide you with earplugs and every room is equipped with noise and light reducing curtains.

I hope we get the opportunity to host your stay again, the next time you are in town!

Ryan D. Plain

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum? Share your experiences!