“Excellent if you dont need to stay downtown” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11201 N. Mopac Expressway, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #77 of 182 hotels in Austin
Milano, Lombardia, Italy
“Excellent if you dont need to stay downtown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

It's only few km away from downtown (30 min by car), so at least you don't have to deal with crowded places and traffic jam. It's clean, comfortable and has a quite good breakfast service. Offers even a shuttle service to/from the airport and you can even reserve a shuttle for any city destination.
Overall a worth price/quality value.

Room Tip: There's no restaurant inside the hotel but you could reach the close Domino neighbor where you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The staff at this location is wonderful, the beds are really comfy, the rooms are clean and the breakfast is much more than continental. For those reasons, I might stay here again. However, it is a difficult location to get in and out of to the freeway and the noise from the road is just awful...weekdays and weekends. I think SpringHill Suites across the road is a better choice.

• Stayed July 2013
John D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear JoinTexas,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Austin Northwest. We really appreciate the top marks and the feedback.

The service road on Mo-pac expressway does not continue northbound outside of our hotel location and that does confuse and disappoint our guests. We do have different ways of tackling the location challenges and we would love to have your repeat patronage.

We hope you have a productive summer and please come see us again in Austin.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've stayed here several times for business trips. The location might seem kind of weird to some, but it's close to shopping and restaurants, and to many of the businesses need to visit when I'm in the Austin area. It has easy access to several major highways. It's also very close to The Domain.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Yes, there's a train that rumbles by occasionally, but thankfully the horns to not blow. I only noticed it when I was awake. There's free wi-fi, and plenty of outlets to charge various electronics. And the fitness room is adequate for a descent workout.

Breakfast was fine, with a pretty good selection of what you would expect to find at most hotels of this rating.

Would I go back? I probably will sometime soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
John D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Shutter bug,

We appreciate the top marks and especially since you are a top contributor to TripAdvisor and a very seasoned traveler.

We also would agree that the northwest section of Austin is a great mix of retail, restaurants and corporate offices. Other than downtown, we would consider our hotel in a very nice hub where IBM and Google also have their offices.

Thank you for staying with us and we expect to see you again very soon.

Jacksonville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed 1 night on Memorial Weekend just to get away and take advantage of a free night certificate we had earned last summer. We stayed in a suite with 2 double beds which was very spacious on the 4th floor. It was clean, nice and quiet. The beds were comfy but the pillows were not. (Bring your own if you are picky.) Breakfast in the morning had lots of choices with hot eggs and sausage. For the eggs, they not only had picante sauce but grated cheese! Just like home! We did not use the pool. The pool is nice but small. A nice stay and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
John D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear TXmom95,

Thank you for visiting us here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum.

We also appreciate you using your Marriott Rewards points for a complimentary night stay and we were happy to read that it was a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

We noticed that the pillows were not to your satisfaction and we are in the process of upgrading all of our pillows to the new Marriott standard and that will be a larger and fuller pillow versus the old standard.

Thank you for being a Marriott Rewards member and we hope that you will come back to see us again soon in Austin.

Arvada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel will be better than you expect for a Fairfield. Cleaner, great help at the front desk and in the morning with food. Not on the bed bug registry (and I did not see any). You will see several complaints about the train noise, I personally did not really care about it. The location is funky though. You could hit a really great mall with several places to eat with a 3 wood, however, you can not walk there. The train tracks are in the way. I would not stay here without a car. You are trapped between a highway and the tracks as a pedestrian.

Room Tip: You will have to pick highway noise or rail road noise. The train runs about once every three hours...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
John D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear DJFresh,

Thank you for staying with us in Austin and for giving us your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I can understand why you would call our location weird since the well known popular slogan is "Keep Austin Weird." We have one of the most popular geographic locations in the city of Austin being next to the Doman and very close to the Arboretum.

I totally agree that we would love to have a bridge or walking access to the Domain since we are so close. We do have complimentary transportation to the Domain.

Thank you for pointing out how clean the hotel was and the friendly staff and great breakfast. We are continually trying to improve to give you the best and most comfortable stay.

Bloomington, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I arrived fairly late and it was probably a busy night. Gave me a handicap-modified room. Glad they have that option and may need it sometime, but I don't now and it was a little like staying in a hospital room. Shower water ran into the middle of bathroom. The hand-held shower sprayer was broken and hung down and rested on the floor unless you were holding it with one hand. Not much space for toiletries on modified sink base, etc...

Also surprised to have it right on the railway tracks. Not a lot of train traffic, but I certainly knew when there was.

Room had very tall ceiling and inadequate lighting so it was dim and a little cave-like. Room was a little worn.

Otherwise, breakfast was adequate.

Room Tip: I think you may be better served with a room on an upper floor facing MOPAC than a room on the 1st f...
Dear Jordan C,

Thanks for being a top contributor on TripAdvisor. We also appreciate you staying with us and posting your feedback about the Fairfield Inn and Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum.

I apologize that you were given a modified room type which is typically given to someone that needs the accessibility options. The standard room type would definitely have a much different bathroom design and probably would have been much more comfortable for you.

I am glad the train noise wasn't overwhelming for you, obviously this is something that is completely random and some nights there are almost no trains moving through but we have no schedule.

I believe we could greatly improve your stay next time with just a simple request for a standard or suite room type and I hope you will give us that opportunity. Thanks again for visiting us in Austin.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My experience with this property started before I even arrived. Upon landing in Austin, I called the property to get information about the areas, specifically for a late night store. The night manager, spent about 20 minutes with me on the line, searching for me and provided me with directions to the store from the airport, then to the hotel. Awesome!

Check-in was a breeze and completely easy...no hassles!!! Check-out was just as easy.

Breakfast was offered daily. While it wasn't gourmet, it was certainly fresh and well presented.

Internet in the room, was not only FREE, but worked seamlessly without any connection issues or slowness.

The property was a quick 20 minute drive to/from other areas of Austin - downtown, UT, Meuller, Zilker Park and other attractions. This is in an ideal location as there are many unique shops to see and visit near the property.

My only complaint here is that my room wasn't very acoustically sound. I could literally hear my neighbors conversations and I'm sure they could hear me! It was also noisy as there is a large train that passes by, just outside the window, each night and morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor, to mitigate noise from the train passing by the property.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
John D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear TheOnly1LadyJ,

Thank you for being a top contributor on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate feedback in every form and your information is helpful to us and our future guests.

You noted that our location was great and we definitely agree that being next to the Domain and Arboretum gives unlimited opportunities for shopping and dining.

I know that noise can be an issue and we are looking at some creative ways to mask that problem. Your comfort and enjoyment of the hotel is our top priority.

We hope that you will visit us in Austin again soon and we appreciate your business.

John Dallas

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/Arboretum? Share your experiences!