“Ms. Brown” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum

You added Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11617 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #23 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Arlington Tx, United States
“Ms. Brown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was my first time at the Hilton Garden Inn. I enjoyed my stay. Breakfast cooked to order was wonderful. Staff was great with our children, who were participating in Special Olympics Bowling. I can't wait to come back next year.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Tonyia,
Thank you for staying with us. We are so glad that you are planning to come back. We had a few guests here for the special Olympics and we enjoyed everyone so much. We look forward to see you again.
Joe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel is awesome. This is our third stay at this particular hotel. We have always had a wonderful experience. I have a son with special needs. The staff is always nice to him and willing to help me out in anyway. They even offered to help me get my items out of the car. Will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Wow, thank you for the great review. We are so pleased to be able to take care of our repeat guests. It's a testament to our dedication to all of our guests and what I feel separates us from everyone else.
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I travelled to Texas in Jan '14 for the second time in 2 months with work, It wasn't the Hilton Garden I stayed in during my first visit so I was apprehensive as it was a 3 star in comparison to the 4 star on my first trip.
But it outshone the 4 start hands down! Great stay, a home away from home. The staff were extremely friendly and lived up to the Texan hospitality. Nicole at the bar or reception deserves a special mention, she was great!
The pool is very small and a bit cold but the jacuzzi is great, hot and great jets once you find the button on the wall to turn it on!
The breakfast was fabulous, a great choice and range of hot and cold food, from a fry to porridge to fruit.
There wasn't a restaurant as such but in the evening you could order from the bar menu and they would make t fresh for you i.e. Texan burgers etc.
Bone Daddy's bar is next door, where you get great beer and bar food with a great atmosphere.
Great for a business trip as it's located in the heart of Research Blvd but not great for a city trip.. approx 10 miles from downtown Austin

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
So glad that you gave us an opportunity and so glad that we didn't disappoint. High fives are coming to Nicole for taking good care of you.
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We took this trip as a little getaway for our anniversary. The hotel was wonderful.
The hotel staff is wonderful. Super friendly and helpful. I am already planning another trip to Austin area and will stay at this hotel again. The price was really terrific, rooms clean and smelled great. The bathrooms where clean and the water pressure was good and hot.
We used the indoor pool and hot tub while we were there. They were wonderful. The pool was warm and the hot tub hot.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Missy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are so glad hear that you are planning another trip soon. Thank you also for letting everyone know that our heated indoor pool and hot tub were enjoyed. See you soon.!!!
Orange
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Lobby is nice, had a fire place with a nice table of free snacks and tea, but unfortunately the kind of things you don't really want even if there free. Rooms are just ok, Staff is cold and snotty, indoor pool is not heated and hot tub has problems. Says Hilton on the outside but disappoints once in you’re in. Price was good so I didn’t complain. Hotel isn't bad just not what I was expecting for "Hilton" Was traveling with my wife and daughter so wanted something a little nicer, will try somewhere else next time

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Dan,
Sorry you didn't experience our normal great service. Please don't hesitate to bring issues to our attention in the future. We are not perfect but will do anything we can to fix it. Sorry you were not able to experience our new furniture we just installed. It gives the room an entirely different feel. Give us another shot next time you are here.
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

They were great, but overpriced. The rooms were nice, amenities were nice. They offer cookies and coffee all day in the nice upscale lobby with a fireplace. The location is not great since it's 10 miles from Sixth Street, and there are really no places to listen to music anywhere nearby. But the thing that ruined it for me was the breakfast buffet. My friend made the reservations and checked into the hotel and I came later.

I wake up at 6 and leave him to sleep while I go downstairs to the breakfast buffet. When I'm done, they bring me a check! What!? Isn't this included? Only if you have a green ticket. I check with the front desk and breakfast is not included. But there is no indication at the buffet that the breakfast buffet may not be included and they don't separate it out like a restaurant, it's just a part of the downstairs lobby.

Additionally, the buffet was an overpriced, not very good buffet that I wouldn't have paid for since I either would have gone somewhere else or eaten from my 'stash' of food that I bring with me to hotels. And in this case, I would NOT have had breakfast there for sure since the buffet was barely more than a continental breakfast with crappy eggs that didn't even look freshly made and tasted 'watered down' and dry like powdered eggs. I asked if they were from fresh real eggs and they said yes, but they didn't taste like it. The only part that was better than a crappy hotel continental breakfast was the fresh fruit.

So, we had to add another $10 each to our almost $150 a night hotel room for extra breakfast. I complained to the front desk staff and he seemed to indicate that he'd told management about this problem many times and that there was nothing that he could do. I complained to the waitress and she said that I should have asked first and not assumed. Apparently they give you a coupon for breakfast when you check in, and I suggested that they ask for the coupon ahead of time and then offer a menu to those without a coupon stating the price of the buffet and that it's not included. She and another waitress seemed angry, and pointed to a sign on the wall WAYYYYYYYYY over in a corner that there would have been no possibility of me seeing, that shows the price of the buffet.

If they had put such sign immediately next to the buffet where it could not be missed, this would have been far better than way off in a corner where it can't be seen and where no one would be inclined to look for the price of the said buffet.

Not only do I think this is tacky, either offer the breakfast at a high end hotel or don't. Don't have a buffet sitting out and say, "Well, that's not for you, that's only for our special customers". Even the crappiest of hotels give you a continental breakfast, sheesh. But if you insist on having an optional breakfast for some customers, it should be made clear to all of the guests that the buffet is not included for some customers and make clear the price upon sitting down. Not all guests make the reservations themselves and so don't know what the conditions were upon check in. Maybe this is petty, but extra charges should be made clear to all customers so that they can avoid them if they desire. Extra, unwanted charges are always annoying.

Room Tip: Don't assume that you get breakfast, you don't. Buffet is kinda crappy anyway, you'd get...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Kerri,
I am sorry that breakfast policy was confusing. Hilton Garden Inn does not provide free breakfast. We offer an extensive breakfast that includes, fresh fruit, hot items, cook to order eggs and omelets, oat meal, waffles, etc. If you become a Hilton Honors member and achieve gold or diamond status you can elect to get free breakfast. We feel at $9.95 what we serve is an amazing value and you don't even have to leave the hotel or wait in line at IHOP. Sorry it was so confusing. We hope you give us another opportunity in the future.
Austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Wonderful hotel! This hotel was in a good location to see all of Austin. It was clean and the room was well appointed. The kids had a great time in the indoor pool and hot tub was great too. The staff was very polite and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Ellen,
So glad to hear that you and your family had a great time and were take advantage of our indoor pool and hot tub. We hope to see you again when your travels find you here in Austin.
Joe

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum? Share your experiences!