“Very Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11617 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #16 of 183 hotels in Austin
Fort Worth, Texas
“Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

For a 3-star hotel, this was very nice. We stayed just one night. Upon arriving, we found the grounds outside to be very pleasant and once inside we were immediately greeted with very friendly and accommodating service. The lobby and sitting areas for breakfast were spacious and very nice. The room was modern-looking and spacious, had nice furnishings and a comfortable, adjustable bed (though we didn't learn how to adjust it until the next morning!). Our room was on the 5th (top) floor and we did not hear hardly any noise while trying to sleep the next morning.

The only thing I didn't like about the room was the small bathroom. It was difficult for two people to use at the same time as the toilet was right up against the tub and the vanity. But it did have a generous vanity area and the shower head worked great.

The hot breakfast the next morning (which you pay $10 for unless it was included in your room rate) was very, very good. My husband had to wait quite awhile to get his omelet, but my eggs & potatoes came out real quick and we both enjoyed our meals. Much better than the "free" hot breakfasts we've received at other hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for the great review. Sounds like you had a great time and enjoyed your stay. Everyone really does love the lobby area. It is so spacious, clean, and really rich looking. It's a great place to hang out. I appreciate your comments regarding the breakfast. It is $9.95 but way better than you would get at any chain breakfast place. It's fresh, cooked to order just the way you want it. Hope to see you again soon.

253 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bryan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stay at this hotel almost every time we come to Austin. Great hotel at a good price! Great location to get to just about anywhere you need to go in Austin quickly! Staff is always nice and friendly and they have sleep number beds!!

• Stayed October 2012
Another guest who love our beds and loves our location. We get such great comments about the beds. They are comfortable, crisp white, and super clean. You can just see it when you walk into the room. And I have to agree that the Arboretum area is such a convenient area of Austin to easily get to anywhere you want to go. We also have great dining and great shopping in our backyard. Thanks again for staying with us and the great review.
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. We were in town on business and it turned out to be a pleasure trip as well. The staff was awesome, the room comfortable. Highly suggest you try it when in Austin!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for describing our staff as "awesome". They really are. We really enjoy serving our guests. I will pass on your review to my staff. Thanks again.
Texas
1,329 helpful votes 1,329 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Because of several events I was scheduled to attend in Northwest Austin, coupled with the fact that I needed to use some points or lose them from British Airways, I selected the Hilton Garden Inn; this was the first time I stayed at this Hilton property. It was a wonderful hotel. All personnel with whom I came into contact were friendly, professional, and focused on pleasing me. The room was large, clean, with two free bottles of water, free wifi, and coffee maker. I was close to the elevator, but I never heard any external noise. In addition, 24 hours a day fresh coffee, hot water, and hot chocolate are available in the lobby. Breakfast did not come with the room rate, but I had it any way. It was very good. I was very pleased with my experience at this Hilton property. I would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: I was quite pleased with Room 217.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our partnership with British Airways and have a freeby on us. I know you travel alot to be able to have that many points so I'm proud that my team took such good care of you on a trip well deserved. Hope to see you again next time you are in Austin.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Exactly what I would expect from a Hilton Garden Inn.
The rooms were large, the bathrooms as well. There was a flat panel TV, desk, fridge and chair with ottoman. Everything was newish and stylish. The bed was adjustable, NOT a Sleep Number bed (which I own) but a knock off, I never got quite comfortable, it was always too soft or too firm and because it didn't have a pump if it got too soft you had to wait 5 minutes for it to self inflate.
The AC is a wall unit, which made nights very loud. Mine developed issues making noise and a leak but they fixed it promptly. Still loud though.
The breakfast is a step up from typical hotel buffets but was not included in our cost, and a bit steep at $10 each.
The bar is open each night for drinks.
The staff was always super friendly.
I would stay here again with no hesitation, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. New and Stylish is a great description since we just completed our renovation. We have had nothing but great comments on our new decor. Next time you are here make sure the Breakfast Chef makes you just what you want...for $9.95 we will cook it just the way you like it. Thanks for the review.
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed here with two of my sons the first week of August in 2012. The hotel is located just off of 183 on Braker Ln behind a restaurant, "Bone Daddy's". The property is attractive and well-kept, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. A request for a rollaway bed was fulfilled with no problems. Staff was friendly...there was a nice touch of a personal note with a mint on the pillow when our room was cleaned.

The pool and hot tub were both operational - I can't tell you how many times I've checked in and found out that they weren't. Overall, we had a great stay, and we'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 133 (and presumably 233) are right by the door, but far enough away that there is no road noise...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am so glag you and your son's enjoyed your stay at our hotel and were able to take advantage or our indoor pool and hot tub. We recently resurfaced the pool and hot tub and they both look fantastic. We do a great deal of corporate business but is certainly a pleasure to have families come and stay with us as well. We are so convenient to everything Austin has to offer. Hope to see you again on your next trip.
Lewisville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My daughter and I took a trip to Austin and stayed at this hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, I was a little hesitant because the hotel is located in back of Bone Daddy's restaurant and a couple of vacant building that used to be a restaurants? Anyway, we went to the hotel anyway, because I was tired and didn't really know the area. When we walked in, to my surprise, the lobby was clean and we were greeted and checked-in by a friendly person. The room was clean however, the furniture was a little dated but perhaps, the hotel is in the midst of remodeling.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I am so glad that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I appreciate the favorable comments about the staff. I will pass on your good comments. Keep an eye out during a future stay, there will be a new Papadeaux's restaurant coming soon.
Joe

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum? Share your experiences!