“Nice deal. The only downer is the distance from downtown.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11617 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #13 of 184 Hotels in Austin
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Nice deal. The only downer is the distance from downtown.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Hotel was perfectly clean, friendly and competent. Stylish too if that's your thing. Super convenient to highway. Places around the hotel but price is cheap because it's 15-20 minutes from downtown.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
So sorry to hear you thought we were too far from downtown. 15 minutes is about right, but we are so convenient to everything Austin has to offer besides just the downtown area. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thanks,
Joe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have stayed at many different hotels, and many different Hilton Garden Inn's around the country. This is BY FAR the best Garden Inn that I've ever stayed at. The hotel seems brand new, and everything is crisp and clean. The look of the hotel is modern, and the location is easy to get to. It is right off the highway, and near many different restaurants and drug stores.

The room was very clean and everything was brand new except the headboard. I stayed at the hotel for a total of 3 nights, and housekeeping did a fantastic job every single day. The linens were clean, and I like the fact that the duvet cover is cleaned for each guest. The bed is a "sleep number" bed, so the firmness can be adjusted, which makes for a great nights sleep. The restroom has nice towels and everything a traveler could want.

There is a breakfast downstairs that is available for purchase (or if you have Hilton Rewards). The breakfast is pretty good given what it is. There is fresh fruit, warm breakfast, cereals, pastries, juices, a cook-to-order omelet bar, and oatmeal. Good stuff.

There is also an indoor pool with a whirlpool, which is very nice. It is very clean and well-kept. The fitness room looks into the pool area, and both are very nice. I didn't bring my family with me this trip, but I would definitely bring my family to this hotel.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning to come to this area, and I will stay here when I come back to town.

This is an A+++ hotel!!!

Room Tip: I wouldn't want a room on the first floor unless I had to because all of the meeting rooms, fitn...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
WOW. "The best Hilton Garden Inn". I'll take it. We really do strive to be the best. I've got a great staff and I am so glad you noticed all that we do. Thank you for such a great review.
Joe
DFW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We have stayed at many hotels in the city of AUstin over the years, this time we opted for a hotel not right downtown in the heart of things. So glad we did. I loved this hotel. We asked for a room on the quieter side of the building & were promply accomodated. The desk clerk was awesome (I don't remember her name right now, tho). The hotel is beautifully decorated in contempory styles. The rooms are also beautifully appointed. Did I mention... I LOVE this hotel. The price was GREAT! They have a bar, but it's only open on the weekdays? Butm that was ok, we walked across the lot to a nice restaurant & had a few drinks. The room was super quiet & we really enjoyed it. The morning FULL breakfast was part of our package & it was very good. With all the restaurant options in Austin, we never eat at the hotel, but we thought we'd try it as it was free. So glad we did! We were right on the freeway & it was an easy on - off when we headed into town. 15 minutes from downtown, easily. If you ever need a room in Austin & the Arboretum area is not too far north for you, stay here.

Room Tip: We wanted a quiet room with the evening sun. Just ask. They'll do thier best to accomodate you...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Southeast Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days while my husband was taking classes. I spent a lot of time at the hotel during the day and it was consistently quiet. I really enjoyed breakfast with such a great selection of dishes. Marquis Carter made the best cookies you'll ever eat and they are available daily in the lobby at the desk.
The employees were always so friendly and the rooms were nice and cleaned very well. Our housekeeper was also very personable.
We had absolutely no problems while we were visiting and if we had, I'm certain they would have been attended to promptly!
The area is great for good food and shopping.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Finally...the loud street noise outside my window was replaced with the even louder A/C kicking in. Staff is very well trained, in an American Airlines sort of way. They know the rules to the letter and won't vary, even if it is easy and will make the customer happy. Rooms were basic, standard Hilton Garden, nothing special. If you can't get a free breakfast, I Hop is across the highway and don't miss dinner at Bone Daddy's which shares the parking lot.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the BACK of the property, not the highway!! Those rooms are very loud.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

This hotel has very comfortable beds. They are the dial a number bed and super comfortable. The service was great and the room was super clean. The only negative was there was no free breakfast buffet. There was a paid buffet in the lobby for $9.99 that was extra nice. There is also an awesome IHOP across the highway. Our stay was very nice and I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

As a Hilton Diamond member, my wife and I enjoying staying at Hilton Garden Inns for the quality and ammenities. When we entered the lobby we were excited about this location it looked great. The front desk informed us that our room had received a major upgrade and was a mini-suite. Unfortantely, our room was painted gray walls, Lounge chairs are next to the TV so it was impossible to watch. A mini couch was so uncomfortable one couldn't sit on it for more than a few minutes and there were no reading lamps. The bathroom's upgrade was some new caulk, but otherwise it looked like it had 20 years of use. This is a very basic striped down room, not something one would pay a couple hundred dollars to stay at. The management was upset that we complained and said most people were happy with the upgrade if they stayed with them previously. Dont stay here unless you have to.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevator are extremely noisy.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum? Share your experiences!