“Funky Fabulous AUSTIN Food 24/7” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dallas
“Funky Fabulous AUSTIN Food 24/7”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This Austin mainstay pleases every time. From peanut butter, nuttela pancakes to black bean and avocado tacos - I've never had a meal here that I didn't love. And try the white queso.....it's very addicting!

I was in Austin on business and took some colleagues that had never been before. We ended up eating here every morning (per their request) so that they could keep sampling different items before we had to leave town.

You may have to wait for a table as this establishment is in a small house, but it's very much worth the wait. The food, the atmosphere and the super friendly staff never disappoint. And their open 24/7 so whether you're a morning person or a night owl, you can still get your eat on at Kirby Lane Cafe!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Austin, Texas
“mostly good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

the service is slow. the food is mostly good, but the french fries are terrible and always have been with no effort to improve. just don't order the fries and you'll probably leave happy.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Try the pot roast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Kirby lane has always been a favorite breakfast place for me and Penny on a saturday morning. Their different pancakes are always a plus and I must suggest the pitcher of mimosas as they are always good. However, this time we went for lunch for the first time ever, and I must say...I was impressed with the pot roast. When we left the house I told Penny "I just really want some pot roast but we dont know anywhere to get a good serving in Austin"...damn was I wrong, their "winter menu" happened to have it on there, so I ordered it, and was very impressed. Good job on rocking lunch like you do breakfast Kirby Lane.
Cheers,
chris

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Real Austin-style atmosphere, great service and fun people-watching. We had a Saturday breakfast. No waiting for a table and the coffee cups were always full. The Eggs Florintine were amazing. I would like to go a dozen more times to try it all.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Austin funkiness moves north”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed breakfast at the north Austin location. The wait staff were very pleasant and all, with maybe one or two exception, quite pierced and glittery. This did not distract from my enjoying the food. I had an exceelent California omelet and my wife enjoyed their migas.

• Visited January 2013