“Not the best for plays” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #53 of 143 Attractions in Austin
Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Not the best for plays”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We came from out of town to see Wicked, and the Hall was easy to find. We prepaid parking online, and the parking garage was just about a block walk. There were lines for the bathrooms; I would like to see more women's bathrooms to accommodate the need. Refreshments were pricey, I guess expected in this venue. Seats comfortable enough, but too close together (no leg room) and not enough rise between rows. Both the heads of people in the row right in front of us and two rows in front of us blocked our view of the play. I had to constantly bend and lean to try to see. Since Wicked is a very visual experience, this was quite a disappointment. Luckily the venue was not full, so we could move at intermission. I only had a clear view when finding a seat that had no one in the two rows in front of us. The place was clean, good sound, and plenty of employees to answer questions and direct us. The view might not matter as much for a concert, but for a play I will be seeking a different venue. BTW I am 5'8"...pretty average height.

Visited February 2014

Texas
37 attraction reviews
“Wicked!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I've been wanting to see Wicked for a long time, so I was thrilled the Mr. gifted us with tickets for a belated Valentine's Day treat.
Even though we were seated in the 'cat bird's seat' we had a clear view of the stage and enjoyed the performance very much! The only thing lacking for me was the inability to see the performer's facial expressions, but that was our fault for purchasing the tickets we did not the fault of the theater or the actors (who were superb!)
I'm not sure why we haven't seen anything at Bass Hall before, but I will be on the look out for future opportunities. It was a great experience and we enjoyed our evening immensely. HIGHLY recommended!

Visited February 2014
Austin, Texas
79 attraction reviews
“OK place to see shows”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Seen at least a hundred shows here. I don't like it as much as the Long Center. If you get too high up you are really high up. Sound is usually good. I like being on the floor but sometimes the cost is an issue. They have some of the best ushers in town. Some shows only will play here so I am sure will be back again. Tend to park off campus and walk to Bass. Easy to get out once the show is over.

Visited January 2014
Round Rock, Texas
32 attraction reviews
“Bring a blanket”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have attended events regularly at the concert hall for years. I have season tickets for the Broadway Across America Series and also attend concerts. It is always uncomfortably cold!!!! Even in the summer months. I bring a coat. We have complained numerous times to no avail. It is always the topic of discussion in the audience during intermission

Visited December 2013
Austin, Texas
11 attraction reviews
“Irish Christmas Concert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We have never attended an event prior. The Hall is very nice we no really bad views. Comfortable. Parking at the UT garages is available- check online the day prior for discounted pricing.

Visited December 2013