“Room double booked- found stranger in our room!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13858 N US Highway 183, Austin, TX 78750   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #117 of 183 hotels in Austin
San Antonio, Texas
“Room double booked- found stranger in our room!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Our original room was reserved at the Arboretum extended stay. I got a call on Friday afternoon that the hotel had a water main break and we were moved all the way out to Lakeline which put us 15 miles out from where we destination. I was told by the manager that our accomodations would be the same as what I reserved- a queen and a sleeper sofa. When we got to the hotel at Lakeline we were informed there was no sleeper sofa (so only 1 "queen" bed) at that location and that all the rooms were booked. Our reservation clearly reflected we needed two bed. The rep at the front desk was Jennifer- she offered to fix the issue by putting one us in a smoker room upstairs with a single bed- it was the only room not sold. We said that was fine and got all our keys and checked in. The main room we were in was fine- the smoker room on the 4th floor was clean and empty but it did have a lingering smokey smell to it. I decided not to leave my bag in there so my clothes would not absorb the smell- i planned on bringing my bag up once it was time for bed. Once it was time to turn in for the night at about 2 am I went back up to my room to find that a man in the room- he opened the door and said "Can I help you?" We were horrified and immediately went down to find out why there was a man sleeping in the. The overnight desk person scrambled to find out what was going on- all he was able to find was that the room was double booked- and since there are no rollaway beds or other empty rooms, proceeded to provide us with extra blankets and pillows so we could figure out how to accomodate 3 people on the "queen" bed which was more of a full size. He said that in the morning we could talk to the manager. About 20 minutes after getting back into our room, the overnight manager called to advise that he found the mixup and that the guest who was currently sleeping in our room was supposed to be checked into another room. He offered that room to us and assured us it was empty. I went back up to the new room and slept there- although the smell was very strong in that room. I woke up very congested from the smell- only slept until 7:30 am and then went back down to the room the rest of my party was staying in so I could avoid breathing any more of it. When I checked out, the young lady at the desk still had our info as staying in the wrong room so I had to run down the entire story for the 3rd time. She said that she could not reverse the charge since it had already posted to the account, but that the manager would contact me the next day about all the issues we had. Needless to say, I have not heard a peep from anyone. We have enjoyed staying at the other locations for this chain but I can say I would be hesitant to try again. This was a very bad night for everyone.

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor- smoking rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the errors that were made with your reservation as well as the double-booking of your room. This is unacceptable and I apologize for your experience. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure this issue does not occur in the future. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me directly, at anw@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Beachwood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My brother and I were delighted with our recent stay at extended stay america. The facility was extremely well maintained, our room sparkling clean, and the staff was friendly. The "Grab and Go" breakfast was minimal, but sufficient, including fresh ornages, apples and bananas, coffee, hot chocolate and tea, a few varieties of Quaker Instant Oatmeal, individually wrapped muffins, and snack bars. The parking lot was well lighted. The outstanding feature was the low cost of the stay, particulalrly in light of the entirely satisfactory nature of all facilities. Nothing fancy-no pool, gym, etc. However, nice large tv and a very efficient free interenet.

Room Tip: If you need separate beds for two adults in a room, please be sure to specify in advance.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
I would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our hotel and the amenities we offer. I’m glad that you found our hotel to be clean and our staff to be friendly. As well, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed our free Wi-Fi and our grab-and-go breakfast. I look forward to sharing your kind remarks with our team. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Great value, with mostly-reliable wi-fi, in a great location for my needs. Clean, much better-than-basic, friendly, efficient, comfortable; staff was accessible and responsive - this property is hard to beat!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Bill – I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I’m glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay at a great value. As well, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed our location, our friendly staff and our free Wi-Fi. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Conroe, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I had a great experience at the Lakeline Mall Extended Stay America. They have just remodeled and my room was very nice and very clean. Everything seemed updated. I have no complaints. I will stay their again with or without reserving though priceline.com. My room was very affordable very clean and comfortable. I am a single female and felt very safe.

Room Tip: I reserved on priceline.com and did not know what hotel I would get. I ended up with a king on the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for posting such a kind review. I am so pleased to know that you felt comfortable and safe during your stay. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

A great value, especially having the kitchenette and GOOD wifi. The only criticism is that it can be a pain to get to, depending on traffic, since it's on a frontage road. But I felt very safe as a single female and it was very, very clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am pleased to read your remarks about our fully equipped kitchen and our free Wi-Fi services. We are so glad that you enjoyed our amenities. However, I am very sorry that the location of our hotel was not easily accessible.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at anw@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Clean and comfortable. Grab and go breakfast very limited, but the coffee was excellent. Pillows needed replacing but no big deal. Bed extremely comfortable. Thermostat build in so nice not having to turn on and off a/c manually.

• Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our coffee and that your room and bed were comfortable. Thank you again for your kind words.

The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Having visited other Extended Stay Hotels in Austin over the years I think that this is probably my worst experience.
Like with all the hotels, this is affordable, offers well equipped large rooms and is in a good location; unlike others I've used this has laundry facilities and a free grab and go breakfast (coffee, fruit, cereal bars) which are both great for the price.
Where this hotel failed for me was the cleanliness of the rooms, there was dried blood on my bed spread, half eaten containers of food in the refrigerator, two trash bags filled with food left under the sink and empty shower gel containers in the bathroom; I discovered all these things over the first couple of days so reported them at different times, although they were sorted out I think the staff could have been a bit more apologetic as they didn't seem that bothered.
I had asked for a non smoking room but when I first entered the room there was a definite smell of smoke, along with the other issues (and dubious splatter marks up the side of the armchair) I just felt that my room hadn't been cleaned properly before I moved in.
However, I had friends staying in other rooms who had no problems with cleanliness so I think I was just unlucky; I would say that between the air conditioning units, the refrigerator and the freeway it wasn't the most quiet of rooms but I'm a light sleeper so others may not have any issues
Despite my problems if I was ever up in this area of Austin again I would definitely stay here, it's good value for a comfortable room.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the comfort and value of your room; however, we apologize that your room was not properly cleaned before your check-in. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have reviewed the issues you brought to my attention with my housekeeping and supervising staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. We will be sure to pay more attention to detail during both housekeeping services and room inspections prior to arrivals to avoid this issue in the future.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly, at anw@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall? Share your experiences!