“Good value for the money but don't expect good service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13858 N US Highway 183, Austin, TX 78750   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #123 of 185 Hotels in Austin
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good value for the money but don't expect good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Double check your reservation price. I extended my stay by one day prior to arrival and was charged a higher price for the entire stay. It took several calls to correct. I also was not credited a coupon discount at checkout until I reminded the clerk (I was told it would be automatic). Desk staff acted like I was bothering them. I never got a smile or greeting at any point during my stay. They acted like they didn't want to work there. Furniture was chipped, there were rust stains in the tub, and the kitchen water filter was missing (although a fridge magnet had instructions on how to use it). The AC stopped functioning at one point, as did the Internet. Both were eventually fixed. Guests walking around upstairs woke me up. Very loud. Try to stay on an upper floor. Remember to bring your own coffee. Only one day is provided. There is a snack machine but it only takes $1 bills. Like most Extended Stay hotels, you'll have to go to the desk regularly for toiletries, paper, etc. unless you bring your own. This is a no-frills hotel with poor service but, for the price, it's still a good value.

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor or you'll have booming of guests staying above you.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Larry - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you experienced issues with our internet service and amenities. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are addressing the customer service issues with our front desk team as well as having our maintenance staff follow up on the concerns you brought to our attention.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at anw@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Pros:
Staff was friendly and helpful
The room was large
Room included kitchen (full sized refrigerator, stove top, microwave, dishes and utensils)
Complimentary breakfast bar
Free wifi access
Free parking
Location was convenient (right off of the main interstate through Austin)

Cons:
internet videos were slow to play on wifi
no pool and exercise room
Breakfast bar was very small
The AC/heater was noisy
I could hear people walking in the room above us
I could hear the water pipes from the room next to us
There was a continuous bright flash from a ceiling detector
There were not many channels available on the tv
The bed pillows were very firm/uncomfortable
The bed comforter smelled bad so I assume this was not clean when we checked-in
Bed comforter was uncomfortable
We found dirty, used tissues underneath the bed.
The bathroom shower floor was dirty/uncleaned when we checked in
The showerhead had a leak and was spraying water on the drywall.

I believe the rate is 79.99 a night, which is not worth it in my opinion. I will never stay here again if I come back to Austin.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about your room and all of the amenities we had to offer; however, we apologize that you encountered issues with your room and that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be conducting more detailed room inspections and looking more carefully for common maintenance issues during that time moving forward to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at anw@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

For the price, a good value. The room is large and very comfortable. I enjoyed having a refridgerator and microwave however; the room had an overwelming lysol/pine-sol smell that I found out later was from having the carpets cleaned. Also, there was no wastebasket in the room and I had to ask for toilet paper. Friendly staff!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies again for the overwhelming smell of cleaning products in your room. However, we are delighted to know that we were able to provide you with a pleasant stay. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is a convenient location for our visit to family in the US-183 / Anderson Mill / Texas 45 toll road area. Comfortable and clean room with all the basics and a fairly good value for a good night’s sleep. We will be back soon.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Lelan - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel's location and your clean, comfortable room. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Gainesville, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We booked a room for 2 nights through Priceline "Express Deals" without knowing the name of the hotel. While we got a good price, it was not worth the savings. We do not smoke and do not want to be around smoke, but received a smoking room when we arrived. When we asked if there was any way to get a non-smoking room, we were rudely told that the hotel was full and this was all that was available. This may have been since our reservation paper read "PRICELINE - LOW" in big letters on the top. When getting out of the elevator on the fourth floor, which I guess is where all of the smoking rooms are located, a wall of odor hits your wall. After just two nights all of our clothes reek of smoke. I was tempted to go elsewhere (and just pay for the smoking room we weren't using) and should have.
The air conditioner was loud, especially when starting up. It was loud enough to wake me up when it cranked up at night.
The "Free wifi" works adequately, but beware, the free included wifi is pretty slow by today's standards. To get more usable wifi you must pay for the upsell that bombards you when you log onto the hotel wifi. This should be made clear up front I think. By the way, the paid upcharge internet is the default when you login, so be careful you don't click through too quickly and get charged if you don't want to.
The "free breakfast" advertised by Priceline was also pretty inadequate. Breakfast includes free coffee, oatmeal packets, oatmeal bars, and apples and oranges. This is below even the "Continental Breakfast" other budget chains provide. While Extended Stay doesn't seem to misadvertise this too much, Priceline definitely is.
Unfortunately, this was not a happy experience for us and we will definitely not return to this property. I'm also pretty unhappy with Priceline for the experience as well and am definitely considering my future business through them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am so disappointed that you were not satisfied with your accommodations. I also apologize that the information regarding our property on Priceline does not match the information we provide to our guests. To prevent this from happening again, we will be contacting Priceline to edit the information provided on their website so it is accurate moving forward.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me directly, at anw@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Looking for a place to sleep and shower, nothing fancy then this is the place. Kitchenettes offer flexibility for eating in or out. Perfect for a night or two when visiting NW Austin. Corner of Lakeline Mall and Hwy 183

Room Tip: Rooms on highway side are more noisy
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our facilities were to your liking and that you enjoyed having an in-room kitchen. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Cedar Hill, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Came to Austin for the UIL Track Meet at UT and decided to stay here. I was a bit nervous at 1st because of the latest reviews I read. But i said forget it and if I don't like it will just leave. I checked in Friday staff was very nice, there was only one person working the desk at the time so i was in and out quickly. Before I went to bed I put the "do not disturb" sign in the door because i knew i was sleeping in the following day and did not want housekeeping to bother me. I slept just fine no noise from the outside or inside. Before leaving for the track meet i took the "do not disturb" sign out thinking I would come back to a made up bed and clean towels. Not so much. I had to go downstairs to get more towels and then they asked me to go back and get the dirty ones. I didn't complain about it because it was not that big of a deal. The only con i have about the stay is the smell. I asked for a non smoking room and when i walked into the room the smokey smell hit me right in the face luckily i brought my scentsy air freshener. But overall it was a good stay and the next time I am in the area, i will definitely be staying here.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor close toward the end of the hall, my window was facing the side parking...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Kandice - We hope you enjoyed the UIL Track Meet at UT! As well, we appreciate you taking the time to write such a helpful and informative review. Please accept our apologies that our housekeeping policy was not explained properly to you at check-in. Guests staying less than 8 nights are not scheduled for housekeeping services but are welcome to exchange towels and linens at their convenience at the front desk. It is also unfortunate that you found there to be a slight smoke odor in your room. We will be sure to address this with our housekeeping staff. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to provide you with a comfortable, quiet room that allowed you to get a good night's rest .

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall? Share your experiences!