“Very spacious room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall

You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall
Ranked #126 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“Very spacious room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

For the price, a good value. The room is large and very comfortable. I enjoyed having a refridgerator and microwave however; the room had an overwelming lysol/pine-sol smell that I found out later was from having the carpets cleaned. Also, there was no wastebasket in the room and I had to ask for toilet paper. Friendly staff!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies again for the overwhelming smell of cleaning products in your room. However, we are delighted to know that we were able to provide you with a pleasant stay. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is a convenient location for our visit to family in the US-183 / Anderson Mill / Texas 45 toll road area. Comfortable and clean room with all the basics and a fairly good value for a good night’s sleep. We will be back soon.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Lelan - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel's location and your clean, comfortable room. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Gainesville, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We booked a room for 2 nights through Priceline "Express Deals" without knowing the name of the hotel. While we got a good price, it was not worth the savings. We do not smoke and do not want to be around smoke, but received a smoking room when we arrived. When we asked if there was any way to get a non-smoking room, we were rudely told that the hotel was full and this was all that was available. This may have been since our reservation paper read "PRICELINE - LOW" in big letters on the top. When getting out of the elevator on the fourth floor, which I guess is where all of the smoking rooms are located, a wall of odor hits your wall. After just two nights all of our clothes reek of smoke. I was tempted to go elsewhere (and just pay for the smoking room we weren't using) and should have.
The air conditioner was loud, especially when starting up. It was loud enough to wake me up when it cranked up at night.
The "Free wifi" works adequately, but beware, the free included wifi is pretty slow by today's standards. To get more usable wifi you must pay for the upsell that bombards you when you log onto the hotel wifi. This should be made clear up front I think. By the way, the paid upcharge internet is the default when you login, so be careful you don't click through too quickly and get charged if you don't want to.
The "free breakfast" advertised by Priceline was also pretty inadequate. Breakfast includes free coffee, oatmeal packets, oatmeal bars, and apples and oranges. This is below even the "Continental Breakfast" other budget chains provide. While Extended Stay doesn't seem to misadvertise this too much, Priceline definitely is.
Unfortunately, this was not a happy experience for us and we will definitely not return to this property. I'm also pretty unhappy with Priceline for the experience as well and am definitely considering my future business through them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am so disappointed that you were not satisfied with your accommodations. I also apologize that the information regarding our property on Priceline does not match the information we provide to our guests. To prevent this from happening again, we will be contacting Priceline to edit the information provided on their website so it is accurate moving forward.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me directly, at anw@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Looking for a place to sleep and shower, nothing fancy then this is the place. Kitchenettes offer flexibility for eating in or out. Perfect for a night or two when visiting NW Austin. Corner of Lakeline Mall and Hwy 183

Room Tip: Rooms on highway side are more noisy
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our facilities were to your liking and that you enjoyed having an in-room kitchen. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Cedar Hill, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Came to Austin for the UIL Track Meet at UT and decided to stay here. I was a bit nervous at 1st because of the latest reviews I read. But i said forget it and if I don't like it will just leave. I checked in Friday staff was very nice, there was only one person working the desk at the time so i was in and out quickly. Before I went to bed I put the "do not disturb" sign in the door because i knew i was sleeping in the following day and did not want housekeeping to bother me. I slept just fine no noise from the outside or inside. Before leaving for the track meet i took the "do not disturb" sign out thinking I would come back to a made up bed and clean towels. Not so much. I had to go downstairs to get more towels and then they asked me to go back and get the dirty ones. I didn't complain about it because it was not that big of a deal. The only con i have about the stay is the smell. I asked for a non smoking room and when i walked into the room the smokey smell hit me right in the face luckily i brought my scentsy air freshener. But overall it was a good stay and the next time I am in the area, i will definitely be staying here.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor close toward the end of the hall, my window was facing the side parking...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Kandice - We hope you enjoyed the UIL Track Meet at UT! As well, we appreciate you taking the time to write such a helpful and informative review. Please accept our apologies that our housekeeping policy was not explained properly to you at check-in. Guests staying less than 8 nights are not scheduled for housekeeping services but are welcome to exchange towels and linens at their convenience at the front desk. It is also unfortunate that you found there to be a slight smoke odor in your room. We will be sure to address this with our housekeeping staff. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to provide you with a comfortable, quiet room that allowed you to get a good night's rest .

Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

from the moment i walked in to the moment i legft, every thing a needed was there. friendly staff, great gusets around me, i found that i could openly ask enyone any type of question and get it answered. the room was great, with all the things i needed to feel like i was at home and not sleeping abroad.

Room Tip: i love the handicapped rooms. the bathrooms are bigger, seems to be more space in the room around th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I'm glad I was able to talk with you in person regarding your stay. As well, I appreciate you taking the time to post a review about it. I'm so pleased to hear that you found both the property and the staff to be inviting and accommodating.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This could very easily have been an average (not poor) review. It took me a moment to realize that the front desk clerk's sarcasm was actually an attempt at humor. Had I not been so exhausted from the drive from Los Angeles a few days earlier and reporting to work immediately, I would have been quicker on the uptake. I appreciate creative sarcasm. Anyway, she wasn't, as she told me, sticking me in a smoking room even though she could. She told me that, booking via Hotwire, which I did, permits them to place me in the cheapest available room in the category of room I booked, and that includes smoking rooms. I guess she just wanted me to know that, by giving me an available room that was not smoking, she was doing me some kind of big favor. I had no idea booking the least expensive way via Hotwire exposed me to this possibility. I've since confirmed this with Hotwire. It's true. Wow. If I were traveling with my wife, who has a very sensitive nose, this would have been a deal-breaker. About the room itself, the front desk clerk was nice enough to give me a room in the section of the hotel that I requested, and, despite the nearby freeway and busy frontage road, the room was quiet. The bed was fairly comfortable, and the climate control system did its job. It was very hot in Austin during this time. The only thing that was really lacking at this property was housekeeping. I know there was a cricket invasion all over Austin at this time, but surely there is a way to control how many crickets make their way into one's hotel room. It was mind-blowing how many crickets (I'd say a couple dozen) made their way into my room during the two nights I spent at this property. I complained after the first night. The same front desk clerk said she'd see that it got taken care of. Well, it wasn't. The next night saw just as many crickets as the first night. Needless to say, I checked out and booked myself at another hotel. The crickets may not be a problem on higher floors. I didn't think to ask, and, of course, the hotel staff didn't think to offer to move me to another room. Maybe that's another downside of booking via Hotwire, but it shouldn't be. I can't imagine owning or working for a hotel where that lack of proactivity is acceptable conduct. I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror.

Room Tip: If you're there in the springtime, DO NOT stay on the first floor... unless you really dig crick...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding the cricket migration is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is working hard to get our hotel prepared in advance for this annual occurrence.

As well, please accept my apologies in regards to the comments from our Guest Service Representative at the hotel. As this hotel's Owner, I can assure you that we treat all of our guests equally, whether they are booked through our call center, our corporate website or a third party website, like you did. In total, we strive to provide everyone with the best room at the rate. With your comments as an example, I have spoken to the entire team at this hotel about our companies guest service standards.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at anw@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We have also renovated our hotel since your last stay with us. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall? Share your experiences!