“just like being at home on the road” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall

You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13858 N US Highway 183, Austin, TX 78750   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #126 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas, United States
“just like being at home on the road”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

from the moment i walked in to the moment i legft, every thing a needed was there. friendly staff, great gusets around me, i found that i could openly ask enyone any type of question and get it answered. the room was great, with all the things i needed to feel like i was at home and not sleeping abroad.

Room Tip: i love the handicapped rooms. the bathrooms are bigger, seems to be more space in the room around th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I'm glad I was able to talk with you in person regarding your stay. As well, I appreciate you taking the time to post a review about it. I'm so pleased to hear that you found both the property and the staff to be inviting and accommodating.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This could very easily have been an average (not poor) review. It took me a moment to realize that the front desk clerk's sarcasm was actually an attempt at humor. Had I not been so exhausted from the drive from Los Angeles a few days earlier and reporting to work immediately, I would have been quicker on the uptake. I appreciate creative sarcasm. Anyway, she wasn't, as she told me, sticking me in a smoking room even though she could. She told me that, booking via Hotwire, which I did, permits them to place me in the cheapest available room in the category of room I booked, and that includes smoking rooms. I guess she just wanted me to know that, by giving me an available room that was not smoking, she was doing me some kind of big favor. I had no idea booking the least expensive way via Hotwire exposed me to this possibility. I've since confirmed this with Hotwire. It's true. Wow. If I were traveling with my wife, who has a very sensitive nose, this would have been a deal-breaker. About the room itself, the front desk clerk was nice enough to give me a room in the section of the hotel that I requested, and, despite the nearby freeway and busy frontage road, the room was quiet. The bed was fairly comfortable, and the climate control system did its job. It was very hot in Austin during this time. The only thing that was really lacking at this property was housekeeping. I know there was a cricket invasion all over Austin at this time, but surely there is a way to control how many crickets make their way into one's hotel room. It was mind-blowing how many crickets (I'd say a couple dozen) made their way into my room during the two nights I spent at this property. I complained after the first night. The same front desk clerk said she'd see that it got taken care of. Well, it wasn't. The next night saw just as many crickets as the first night. Needless to say, I checked out and booked myself at another hotel. The crickets may not be a problem on higher floors. I didn't think to ask, and, of course, the hotel staff didn't think to offer to move me to another room. Maybe that's another downside of booking via Hotwire, but it shouldn't be. I can't imagine owning or working for a hotel where that lack of proactivity is acceptable conduct. I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror.

Room Tip: If you're there in the springtime, DO NOT stay on the first floor... unless you really dig crick...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding the cricket migration is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is working hard to get our hotel prepared in advance for this annual occurrence.

As well, please accept my apologies in regards to the comments from our Guest Service Representative at the hotel. As this hotel's Owner, I can assure you that we treat all of our guests equally, whether they are booked through our call center, our corporate website or a third party website, like you did. In total, we strive to provide everyone with the best room at the rate. With your comments as an example, I have spoken to the entire team at this hotel about our companies guest service standards.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at anw@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We have also renovated our hotel since your last stay with us. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for work was very pleased with hotel and staff full kitchen was convenient. Was close to job and restaurants. Very quite area. Had a great stay. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area for an extended period of time

• Stayed February 2013
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
I received a copy of your review and wanted to say thank you for your great recommendation to other travelers. I am glad to hear that you found the area, hotel, room and especially the staff accommodating for your stay in Austin. Thank you again for sharing your experience, we hope to see you soon.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

All the staffs were kind and pleasant except for one person at front desk name "Karlee". She is extremely rude, obnoxious, and condescending. We booked 2 nights for Friday and Saturday together as one reservation but for some reasons our booking came under 2 separate reservations. When checking in, the front desk staff promised us that there will be no problem and that all we had to do was to come by Saturday morning to redo paperwork and receive new keys. On Saturday morning, we met Karlee at front desk. Immediately, she spoke to us with condescending tone that checkout is at 11am and that we need to get out asap. We explained we made reservation for 2 nights. She then told us that we have to move immediately to another room because the room we were staying was reserved for someone else.

If she was nice to us we would be more than willing to move but since her demeanor was obnoxious, we told her we won't. She then threatened to throw us out and call the police. We asked to speak to her manager but she refused so we ignored her and left. When we got back that night we couldn't get through the front door with our keys but thank goodness someone else was on duty so they let us in. The lady reprogrammed our keys so we can get into our room.

We traveled over the world and have stayed at many hotels but have NEVER encounter rudeness like this. This young lady definitely needs additional training and should NOT be working at front desk. We will never recommend anyone to stay at this hotel because of her.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Pflugerville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I traveled back to Austin to finish the sale of my home there and needed a hotel. I didn't want to spend a lot of money eating out so I needed a place with a little kitchen. Found ESA online. Turned out to be a wonderful place to stay. I didn't check out many of the amenities listed but did make use of the morning breakfast bar. The coffee is great. Choices of the bar are not extensive. Prepackaged granola bars and muffins. Fresh oranges and apples. Did I mention the coffee is great? Counter staff are very friendly. Check in and out was easy with the exception of, and one of my only complaints, there is no place to park to check in. Most hotels have a drive where you can temporarily park and run in to check in. Here, if all the regular parking places in front are taken, you have a choice of parking in the fire lane or in a handicapped spot. The other only complaint I had was their not having but one baggage trolley available to use to take all your luggage up to the room. I had to lug everything out of the car and up to my room. Other than those two things, my stay was great. Rooms are comfortable, wifi is available, tv is nice. While being close to the highway, I didn't hear any highway noise,

Room Tip: I rated service a 4 because of the lack of check in parking and luggage trolleys. The service desk w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I spent 3 days there and was so refreshed afterwards I am looking for excuses to stay there again, preferably for at least a week. The room was comfortable, the staff friendly, the bed inviting...everything was great. The hotel was also near so many of the places I needed to get to. Thank you, Extended Stay America.

Room Tip: No restaurant , but they had a free Grab and Go breakfast.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, free in-room Wi-Fi, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Nice Motel with good prices and James at the front desk is very helpful with booking reservations and anything else you might need. Plus the rooms have a full size fridge and stove and microwave. The parking lot is well lit and you will feel comfortable leving your vehicle outside...plus the area is a nice area with plenty of shops and store and food choices.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall? Share your experiences!