“Worth the money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall
Ranked #117 of 183 hotels in Austin
Pflugerville, Texas
“Worth the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I traveled back to Austin to finish the sale of my home there and needed a hotel. I didn't want to spend a lot of money eating out so I needed a place with a little kitchen. Found ESA online. Turned out to be a wonderful place to stay. I didn't check out many of the amenities listed but did make use of the morning breakfast bar. The coffee is great. Choices of the bar are not extensive. Prepackaged granola bars and muffins. Fresh oranges and apples. Did I mention the coffee is great? Counter staff are very friendly. Check in and out was easy with the exception of, and one of my only complaints, there is no place to park to check in. Most hotels have a drive where you can temporarily park and run in to check in. Here, if all the regular parking places in front are taken, you have a choice of parking in the fire lane or in a handicapped spot. The other only complaint I had was their not having but one baggage trolley available to use to take all your luggage up to the room. I had to lug everything out of the car and up to my room. Other than those two things, my stay was great. Rooms are comfortable, wifi is available, tv is nice. While being close to the highway, I didn't hear any highway noise,

Room Tip: I rated service a 4 because of the lack of check in parking and luggage trolleys. The service desk w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I spent 3 days there and was so refreshed afterwards I am looking for excuses to stay there again, preferably for at least a week. The room was comfortable, the staff friendly, the bed inviting...everything was great. The hotel was also near so many of the places I needed to get to. Thank you, Extended Stay America.

Room Tip: No restaurant , but they had a free Grab and Go breakfast.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, free in-room Wi-Fi, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Nice Motel with good prices and James at the front desk is very helpful with booking reservations and anything else you might need. Plus the rooms have a full size fridge and stove and microwave. The parking lot is well lit and you will feel comfortable leving your vehicle outside...plus the area is a nice area with plenty of shops and store and food choices.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Silsbee, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel pre-renovation and post-renovation. Both times our stay was great. Our daughter lives right around the corner basically, so it's very convenient for us to stay here. On our second stay I had booked a king size bed room and when we checked in and went up to our room it was a double bed room. I called down to the front desk and she immediately had us set up in a King bed suite and apologized for the mix up. We have enjoyed our stay here both times and will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had written a review for this dump back in June of this year, but somehow it gone, just like all of the other negative reviews of the property.

Anyway, I was doing a project at the Domain, booked a room here for 5 weeks. Stayed almost 10 days before I had to leave.

The service was pathetic. The room was nasty, noise from the adjacent room was to much, all night long. The front desk staff was rather Laissez-faire about the entire thing. I guess filthy carpet, nasty walls and the rest are s.o.p. for them.

I would urge you to look into staying down the road, there are other hotels in the brand close by, and they seem to care about the guests.

With that in mind, I know the hotel had some renovations in late summer, however unless they renovated the staff, it won't matter.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology. Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service. We know that you have many lodging choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I have, therefore, reviewed with each staff member the importance of being professional and courteous to every one of our guests, no matter the circumstances. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel is terrible (as my overall rating reflects). First off, I booked a non-smoking king sized bed with them directly. The day I got there, I checked in and went to my room to find that it was instead a Queen size non smoking room. I went back to the front desk to inform them, and I was told that all king sized non smokings were sold out, regardless of the fact that I had booked & reserved one numerous days in advance. So, apparently a booking & reservation means absolutely nothing to them other than that they'll gladly be expecting you and your payment on that day. Second, I counted 7 cockroaches in my room. 5 in the bathroom, 1 in the kitchen, and 1 in the shower. Obviously, I was completely disgusted. The bathroom also smelled of smoke during my entire stay. Third, the shower curtain had a number of nasty reddish brown stains on it. Probably either blood or fecal matter. Also, upon arrival into the room, the heating coils for the stove were not even installed. They were sitting on top of the fridge. I had to install them. Also, the staff seems to be very lazy. They were hardly ever at the front desk. There was frequently a sign that said "busy attending to another guest", which probably meant "busy surfing Facebook in the back room". Lastly, one of my room keys didn't work throughout the duration of my stay. Don't give this nasty hotel any business. It's a worthless establishment.

Room Tip: Don't book here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This extended stay isn't full of "extras" (no daily room cleaning, pool, fitness center, shampoos, etc.) but it's clean and the rooms are nice and comfortable. The rates are great. I would recommend this hotel for someone who isn't picky about the freebies and is interested in a clean, safe hotel at a great price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. While we do not offer shampoo, have a pool or fitness center on-site, we do have many other amenities for our guests to enjoy. This includes housekeeping every 7-days, in-room kitchen, HD-TV's and more. I am sorry this was not conveyed to you better; however, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us regardless.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall? Share your experiences!