“Disgusting and lousy hotel.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall

You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13858 N US Highway 183, Austin, TX 78750   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #126 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“Disgusting and lousy hotel.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel is terrible (as my overall rating reflects). First off, I booked a non-smoking king sized bed with them directly. The day I got there, I checked in and went to my room to find that it was instead a Queen size non smoking room. I went back to the front desk to inform them, and I was told that all king sized non smokings were sold out, regardless of the fact that I had booked & reserved one numerous days in advance. So, apparently a booking & reservation means absolutely nothing to them other than that they'll gladly be expecting you and your payment on that day. Second, I counted 7 cockroaches in my room. 5 in the bathroom, 1 in the kitchen, and 1 in the shower. Obviously, I was completely disgusted. The bathroom also smelled of smoke during my entire stay. Third, the shower curtain had a number of nasty reddish brown stains on it. Probably either blood or fecal matter. Also, upon arrival into the room, the heating coils for the stove were not even installed. They were sitting on top of the fridge. I had to install them. Also, the staff seems to be very lazy. They were hardly ever at the front desk. There was frequently a sign that said "busy attending to another guest", which probably meant "busy surfing Facebook in the back room". Lastly, one of my room keys didn't work throughout the duration of my stay. Don't give this nasty hotel any business. It's a worthless establishment.

Room Tip: Don't book here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This extended stay isn't full of "extras" (no daily room cleaning, pool, fitness center, shampoos, etc.) but it's clean and the rooms are nice and comfortable. The rates are great. I would recommend this hotel for someone who isn't picky about the freebies and is interested in a clean, safe hotel at a great price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. While we do not offer shampoo, have a pool or fitness center on-site, we do have many other amenities for our guests to enjoy. This includes housekeeping every 7-days, in-room kitchen, HD-TV's and more. I am sorry this was not conveyed to you better; however, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us regardless.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall? Share your experiences!