“Worst Motel 6 We've ever stayed at” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Austin South - Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 Austin South - Airport
Motel 6 Austin South - Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2707 Interregional Highway South, I-35 at Exits #230/232-A, Austin, TX 78741   |
Ranked #138 of 182 hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas
“Worst Motel 6 We've ever stayed at”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

I like the value of Motel 6 as well as the expected sameness of one to another. When staying at someplace like a Motel 6, all we are looking for is a clean room to spend the night in. We have stayed at all three Hotel 6s in Austin at one time or the other, but never again at this one. Do not care how low the cost is if I can't get any sleep.

We stayed in the room above the lobby, next to the stairs. The door was sprung to the point that we could easily follow the conversations of people standing out on the balcony chatting at 2:AM - unless the noise from I35 drowned them out. In the morning I could see, not just daylight, but the sky was visable from inside the room around the sprung door. Complaining at the front desk didn't do a bit of good.

Stay away from this hole.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

I really had reservations about staying here. I had already booked before I read some of the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised however. The room was exceptionally clean and the staff was very helpful. I bought the wi-fi connection and had no problems with it. I brought my cat and that was great. The only two suggestions I would make to the staff is to have TVs that I can hook my dvd player into and have shampoo in the shower. I forgot my shampoo and there is not really a gas station close. However the diner in the same parking lot is a plus. The only thing that shocked me was how small the room was but I have never stayed in a motel, only hotels, so it is probably a regular sized room.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
good ole usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

truck broke down in austin, just my luck, while some kind of music festival in town. when rooms were hard to find in area the staff here found a way to let me stay in room. i have stayed in better motels, and seen worse. if on a budget would be the place to stay, no frills though. worst drawback was road noise from i-35

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

I'm very happy to be here! Last night I stayed somewhere else, paid twice as much for a room that was not entirely clean and was too close to the road.. This place has cold air-conditioning, my room is very clean, it's pet friendly, the staff is very nice and provides good service and the pool is clean. I would definitely stay here again. It's a good value for the money. Good strong wireless connection. New pergo type floors instead of carpet makes for an overall cleaner room. I'm not scared of the bedding which looks, feels, smells nice and clean. I'm happy.

• Liked — Clean rooms/property and friendly staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2008

My friend and I stayed here for one night and the motel was decent. The wireless internet signal where we were (and paid $2.99 for) was very weak and was in and out, so I would not recommend paying for it. There are a lot of wi-fi hotspots in Austin, so go for those, including a Starbucks not too far from the motel. Otherwise though, it was clean and comfortable, as was the pool. The service was friendly as well. No loud noise, and it appeared the rooms had been recently renovated (maybe in the past year or two). Not the Ritz, but certainly a good stay for a night if on a budget, was my friend and I were. Convenient too - right off of I-35.

• Liked — Cheap, clean, comfortable, convenient.
  • Disliked — Poor internet access, no breakfast in the morning.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2007

we were there for texas relays, for a place to sleep, only. but i wouldnt ever rent there again. i was afriad to take a shower, or touch any thing in the bathroom. our toliet wouldnt flush the first day we were there, the floor was cracked and so was the bathroom counter. if you have to stay here for some reason id recommend purchasing a pair of flip flops. you wouldnt want to walk on the damp cold, mulit color floor. i didnt know what was on or in it...EW!! never again!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2006

My friends and I stayed at this motel, last minute as the friend we were going to stay with had last minute plans with his parents, who had to come to visit him w/o notice. We were on a budget so we just took the first place we saw. We got to our room and the stench as soon as we walked in was so strong, I had to immediately step back out. We decided to just let it be so we started gathering our things to put in the room. I took off my sandals and to my disgust, the carpet was drenched! I immediately told my friends to get their things together and that we weren't staying there after all. I went to the front desk and the man (who was somewhat shady as he kept making comments to my friend and me about how we might be able to get discounts--but then he'd say "JUST KIDDING!!") offered to move us to another room. I agreed and the second room was not so bad, it didn't stink and the carpets were dry, but needless to say, I put down the clean towels on the bed and thank goodness I had my own pillow. We should have kept driving down the road because for just a couple more dollars we could have stayed at the very nice La Quinta. Oh well, lesson learned!

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — keep driving, the better place is just 1/2 mile away
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Austin South - Airport? Share your experiences!