“I LOVE IT!*” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Austin South - Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 Austin South - Airport
Motel 6 Austin South - Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2707 Interregional Highway South, I-35 at Exits #230/232-A, Austin, TX 78741   |
Ranked #139 of 184 hotels in Austin
London
“I LOVE IT!*”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

*Perhaps "love" is a bit strong.

But c'com; it's a Motel 6. Complaining about a Motel 6 is like complaining about paying 20€ for a drink in Cannes; you know the story before you walk through the door.

Their website advertises its location and that it charges for internet access so if you've got a problem with the location and the fact that the internet was $2.99 a day, you've only yourself to blame. Look: http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.aspx?num=113

I had room 132. The wifi didn't reach that far so reception gave me free vouchers each day and I sat by the pool and worked from there. The shower was fine, water pressure wasn't great but it did the job. The bed was clean, the mattress and pillows particularly comfortable. It was a pain getting a taxi but I was there for the SxSW music festival, so no surprises. There's a Denny's 7 minutes walk away across the I-35 so that's breakfast taken care of. And the staff were cool to me. I had a ton of questions and they never made me feel like I was annoying them.

Room Tip: As far away from the I-35 as you can get
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Last minute plans to Austin and had to stay at this place. The room was very small, the bed very uncomfortable, the television was a least 20 years old with a horrible picture. Even though the Wi-Fi did work, it was necessary to go to the front desk each day and pay for another day. This was just silly. The bathroom had a remodel attempt. It did not help it. The shower had absolutely NO water pressure. I could have poured a small cup of water on my head and had the same effect. The furniture in the room, what there was of it, was uncomfortable and very old. In general, the place is a dump. I am shocked that Motel6 allows them to carry the brand name.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this place in any of the rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Breckenridge, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This was solid place to crash... Something my fellow travelers & I appreciated finding enough to post a review of it! Sufficiently clean rooms; friendly staff. It's good to know where you can find these things mid-road trip. Added bonus: downtown Dallas was totally accessible by car from the motel, even on a Friday night. We drove in, but I figure the close proximity (three exits down 35) would make for a pretty cheap cab ride if you wanted to have some drinks. Worth settling in a pleasant (if unremarkable) spot just outside the city. Save your cash for all the Austin fun!

• Stayed September 2012
East Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have had many great experience at Motel 6 locations and have grown to usually looking first at Motel 6 locations for budget travel accomodations.... however I was horribly disappointed by this location. I agree with one of the reviews posted saying "This is the worst Motel 6 location."

Property had look of being rundown and not much quality appeal to the eye. The room was tiny, once the bed was in hardly no room for moving around. Lots of noise from outside was annoying. but then during the night while trying to sleep, the noise from second floor was so disturbing in my first floor room. It sounded like a tap dance recital going on up there.

This property advertises wireless internet service. It was very disappointing that once I was checked in and had paid for the room.....upon inquiring, I was told there was an additional charge per day for the internet service. Only could pay one day at the time. She refused to take for more than one day so i had to go back in office each morning to pay for internet service.

They had good rates. That's where I must draw the line of any positive remarks for this location. Front desk staff was not too friendly or eager to offer assistance.

I am in Austin regular on business in this neighborhood. I definitely have found a much nicer hotel in the same price range near by.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

This is just a regular Motel 6. They were very busy the two nights I stayed. The rooms have recently been painted and new laminate flooring installed. The showers looked to be new as well. It was nice and clean.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Killeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Rooms are a bit small but it is minutes to downtown six street, Zilker park, all of the festivals, the lake, the airport. Nicest people texas has to offer, families are welcome. Do not get a room downstairs I could hear the construction worker get ready for work at 5 am. I moved upstairs and it as great. Bring an ice chest and shampoo , there are no micro fridges or shampoo but for 50 bucks a night incuding tax it was great.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010 via mobile

I'll get the good out first...the room seemed very clean, and the staff was friendly, especially when I cancelled my second night. Ok , now the bad. The previously mentioned clean room was extremely small. I got only 45 minutes of sleep the only night I stayed there due to the loud i35 traffic, the constant milling around of people in the parking lot, and phone calls to my room from strangers. The people outside were cursing at each other and fighting at 4am. I thought to myself, "please God have these people work out a compromise soon." As for the calls to my room, they were from a woman who said her name was Nicole. the best I could guess is that she was soliciting lewd acts. I never stayed on the phone long enough to find out. I could only imagine that a woman cold calling motel 6 rooms for business, is probably not drumming up many sales from her looks or talent. With all this going on simultaneously, it made the motel seem unsafe. I had my pocket knife at the ready just in case. Anyway this place is creepy, loud, and I would not recommend.

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Motel 6 Austin South - Airport? Share your experiences!