“Keep going past this Motel 6” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Austin South - Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 Austin South - Airport
Motel 6 Austin South - Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2707 Interregional Highway South, I-35 at Exits #230/232-A, Austin, TX 78741   |
Ranked #138 of 184 Hotels in Austin
East Texas
“Keep going past this Motel 6”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have had many great experience at Motel 6 locations and have grown to usually looking first at Motel 6 locations for budget travel accomodations.... however I was horribly disappointed by this location. I agree with one of the reviews posted saying "This is the worst Motel 6 location."

Property had look of being rundown and not much quality appeal to the eye. The room was tiny, once the bed was in hardly no room for moving around. Lots of noise from outside was annoying. but then during the night while trying to sleep, the noise from second floor was so disturbing in my first floor room. It sounded like a tap dance recital going on up there.

This property advertises wireless internet service. It was very disappointing that once I was checked in and had paid for the room.....upon inquiring, I was told there was an additional charge per day for the internet service. Only could pay one day at the time. She refused to take for more than one day so i had to go back in office each morning to pay for internet service.

They had good rates. That's where I must draw the line of any positive remarks for this location. Front desk staff was not too friendly or eager to offer assistance.

I am in Austin regular on business in this neighborhood. I definitely have found a much nicer hotel in the same price range near by.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

This is just a regular Motel 6. They were very busy the two nights I stayed. The rooms have recently been painted and new laminate flooring installed. The showers looked to be new as well. It was nice and clean.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Killeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Rooms are a bit small but it is minutes to downtown six street, Zilker park, all of the festivals, the lake, the airport. Nicest people texas has to offer, families are welcome. Do not get a room downstairs I could hear the construction worker get ready for work at 5 am. I moved upstairs and it as great. Bring an ice chest and shampoo , there are no micro fridges or shampoo but for 50 bucks a night incuding tax it was great.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010 via mobile

I'll get the good out first...the room seemed very clean, and the staff was friendly, especially when I cancelled my second night. Ok , now the bad. The previously mentioned clean room was extremely small. I got only 45 minutes of sleep the only night I stayed there due to the loud i35 traffic, the constant milling around of people in the parking lot, and phone calls to my room from strangers. The people outside were cursing at each other and fighting at 4am. I thought to myself, "please God have these people work out a compromise soon." As for the calls to my room, they were from a woman who said her name was Nicole. the best I could guess is that she was soliciting lewd acts. I never stayed on the phone long enough to find out. I could only imagine that a woman cold calling motel 6 rooms for business, is probably not drumming up many sales from her looks or talent. With all this going on simultaneously, it made the motel seem unsafe. I had my pocket knife at the ready just in case. Anyway this place is creepy, loud, and I would not recommend.

• Stayed September 2011
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

My family got a room with a nice view of the dumpster. A few mattresses had been tossed out next to it, which was reassuring. The non-smoking room had a clean appearance, with a relatively new wood floor, probably owing to the problem of cigarette butts burning the carpet. Nothing to startle at first sight. However, the paper-thin construction of the building made sleeping difficult, because sleep had to compete with the magnified sounds of bison hooves from upstairs. I tried counting the cigarette burn holes on the nylon underside of the mattress, but I still woke up easily when the shower stall started to leak at four in the morning. Somebody was taking a shower---or distilling gin---and water was leaking heavily from upstairs into our bathroom. It pooled in the shower stall and smelled like an Eighties' perm parlor and rotten eggs. I opened the door to air out the room (although it was a freezing night). There were a couple of people in the parking lot just standing there, staring in, interested. When I called the desk, the young lady was sympathetic and amazed, but unable to help. The Motel 6 customer service representative was also sympathetic, and I am assured that a report will be duly filed. Big deal.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

I like the value of Motel 6 as well as the expected sameness of one to another. When staying at someplace like a Motel 6, all we are looking for is a clean room to spend the night in. We have stayed at all three Hotel 6s in Austin at one time or the other, but never again at this one. Do not care how low the cost is if I can't get any sleep.

We stayed in the room above the lobby, next to the stairs. The door was sprung to the point that we could easily follow the conversations of people standing out on the balcony chatting at 2:AM - unless the noise from I35 drowned them out. In the morning I could see, not just daylight, but the sky was visable from inside the room around the sprung door. Complaining at the front desk didn't do a bit of good.

Stay away from this hole.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

I really had reservations about staying here. I had already booked before I read some of the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised however. The room was exceptionally clean and the staff was very helpful. I bought the wi-fi connection and had no problems with it. I brought my cat and that was great. The only two suggestions I would make to the staff is to have TVs that I can hook my dvd player into and have shampoo in the shower. I forgot my shampoo and there is not really a gas station close. However the diner in the same parking lot is a plus. The only thing that shocked me was how small the room was but I have never stayed in a motel, only hotels, so it is probably a regular sized room.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Austin South - Airport? Share your experiences!