“Nice place friendly people” 5 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Austin South - Airport
Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Austin South - Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 Austin South - Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2707 Interregional Highway South, I-35 at Exits #230/232-A, Austin, TX 78741   |
Ranked #157 of 185 Hotels in Austin
Killeen
“Nice place friendly people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Rooms are a bit small but it is minutes to downtown six street, Zilker park, all of the festivals, the lake, the airport. Nicest people texas has to offer, families are welcome. Do not get a room downstairs I could hear the construction worker get ready for work at 5 am. I moved upstairs and it as great. Bring an ice chest and shampoo , there are no micro fridges or shampoo but for 50 bucks a night incuding tax it was great.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010 via mobile

I'll get the good out first...the room seemed very clean, and the staff was friendly, especially when I cancelled my second night. Ok , now the bad. The previously mentioned clean room was extremely small. I got only 45 minutes of sleep the only night I stayed there due to the loud i35 traffic, the constant milling around of people in the parking lot, and phone calls to my room from strangers. The people outside were cursing at each other and fighting at 4am. I thought to myself, "please God have these people work out a compromise soon." As for the calls to my room, they were from a woman who said her name was Nicole. the best I could guess is that she was soliciting lewd acts. I never stayed on the phone long enough to find out. I could only imagine that a woman cold calling motel 6 rooms for business, is probably not drumming up many sales from her looks or talent. With all this going on simultaneously, it made the motel seem unsafe. I had my pocket knife at the ready just in case. Anyway this place is creepy, loud, and I would not recommend.

• Stayed September 2011
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

My family got a room with a nice view of the dumpster. A few mattresses had been tossed out next to it, which was reassuring. The non-smoking room had a clean appearance, with a relatively new wood floor, probably owing to the problem of cigarette butts burning the carpet. Nothing to startle at first sight. However, the paper-thin construction of the building made sleeping difficult, because sleep had to compete with the magnified sounds of bison hooves from upstairs. I tried counting the cigarette burn holes on the nylon underside of the mattress, but I still woke up easily when the shower stall started to leak at four in the morning. Somebody was taking a shower---or distilling gin---and water was leaking heavily from upstairs into our bathroom. It pooled in the shower stall and smelled like an Eighties' perm parlor and rotten eggs. I opened the door to air out the room (although it was a freezing night). There were a couple of people in the parking lot just standing there, staring in, interested. When I called the desk, the young lady was sympathetic and amazed, but unable to help. The Motel 6 customer service representative was also sympathetic, and I am assured that a report will be duly filed. Big deal.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

I like the value of Motel 6 as well as the expected sameness of one to another. When staying at someplace like a Motel 6, all we are looking for is a clean room to spend the night in. We have stayed at all three Hotel 6s in Austin at one time or the other, but never again at this one. Do not care how low the cost is if I can't get any sleep.

We stayed in the room above the lobby, next to the stairs. The door was sprung to the point that we could easily follow the conversations of people standing out on the balcony chatting at 2:AM - unless the noise from I35 drowned them out. In the morning I could see, not just daylight, but the sky was visable from inside the room around the sprung door. Complaining at the front desk didn't do a bit of good.

Stay away from this hole.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

I really had reservations about staying here. I had already booked before I read some of the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised however. The room was exceptionally clean and the staff was very helpful. I bought the wi-fi connection and had no problems with it. I brought my cat and that was great. The only two suggestions I would make to the staff is to have TVs that I can hook my dvd player into and have shampoo in the shower. I forgot my shampoo and there is not really a gas station close. However the diner in the same parking lot is a plus. The only thing that shocked me was how small the room was but I have never stayed in a motel, only hotels, so it is probably a regular sized room.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
good ole usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

truck broke down in austin, just my luck, while some kind of music festival in town. when rooms were hard to find in area the staff here found a way to let me stay in room. i have stayed in better motels, and seen worse. if on a budget would be the place to stay, no frills though. worst drawback was road noise from i-35

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

I'm very happy to be here! Last night I stayed somewhere else, paid twice as much for a room that was not entirely clean and was too close to the road.. This place has cold air-conditioning, my room is very clean, it's pet friendly, the staff is very nice and provides good service and the pool is clean. I would definitely stay here again. It's a good value for the money. Good strong wireless connection. New pergo type floors instead of carpet makes for an overall cleaner room. I'm not scared of the bedding which looks, feels, smells nice and clean. I'm happy.

• Liked — Clean rooms/property and friendly staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Austin South - Airport? Share your experiences!