“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #93 of 191 Hotels in Austin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I decided to stay here to get away from the noise and traffic in Downtown Austin.

The Hotel is in a fairly quite area, the rooms in the back are quieter, but be aware of walking around the outside of the Hotel.

The rooms have out dated furniture are badly in need of remodeling, as are the common areas. I noticed comments about bedbugs, but I did not have any in my room.

Breakfast was nothing special.

The ice machine is located on the first floor.

I think I will go back to the Downtown area, this Hotel is very marginal.

Room Tip: Try a room in the back to get away from the Interstate noise.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Royersford, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I want to start off by saying how nice the staff are here. They are really professional and pleasant. Beyond the lobby, the room was a little shabby and was what I would say is borderline acceptable. It looks like the place could use a little remodeling... although it didn't look very old, just not well maintained. Granite was cracked, wallpaper in the bathroom loose likely bc the fan in the bathroom wasn't working and alarm clock didn't keep time. Our toilet was coming loose from the wall. Breakfast was ok, nothing extraordinary, large selection of mediocre foods. I'd say that there are probably better hotels available if you aren't there during a busy time. This was booked solid. I pointed out the room issues to the staff at check out just so they could be fixed and to my surprise they gave me a small discount. Again the staff were excellent and it's not their fault the property needs some maintenance. Also the cookies in the lobby were a hit with my son. The 24 hour coffee a hit with my husband.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
cx_astn, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Austin-North, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your feedback. We did have a chance to get in the room and fix those issues. We are under full renovation. We will continue to update the hotel and would love to have you back. We love having you as our guest.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was there last week with several friends. Three out of five of us now have bed bugs. Between the five of us, we had two rooms. One guest from the first floor has them. Two from our room on the second floor. Everyone watch out and check your beds.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
cx_astn, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Austin-North, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We have bi weekly pest control that includes bed bugs. In fact we had him out to inspect these rooms and found not one sign of Bed Bugs. We take these issues very seriously and will spare no expense.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Do not stay here. It is a dumpster located in a sketchy part of town staffed by people who don't care. Pool? Filthy. Breakfast? About like Super 8. Room? Looks nice. Oh. Wait a minute! We got bedbugs. The only thing that made me happy with this stay was that Ingot my money back. Country Inn and Suites has been my favorite hotel for years. First bad experience, in fact. But it was really bad.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
cx_astn, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Austin-North, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. As you can see by our other comments this is not the norm. I will address these issues with our team and assure you we do care very much about our guest and value your business. We would love another shot to have you as our guest.

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Austin-North? Share your experiences!