“Wonderful Weekend in Austin!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #89 of 182 hotels in Austin
College Station, Texas, United States
“Wonderful Weekend in Austin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We just stayed at country inn suites this weekend with a couple friends, we got a room with 2 queen beds. They had great service.The beds are nice and super comfy. The rooms are also pretty big. Loved the flat screen TV. The A/C worked perfectly. Great location.They also have a computer in the front you can use with a printer plus free Wifi. Overall I had a great experience at this hotel and I would def recommend this hotel to all of you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Came down from Wyoming for the Lone Star Roundup car show in Austin. My car club booked several rooms here, and the staff was very accommodating. From my neck of the woods, I considered the cost of the room a little high, but for the Austin area, the price was very reasonable. Traffic in Austin is horrible and luckily this hotel was close to our destination. Getting in and out was not a problem. Rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable. Awesome pillows...Thougth about taking them home with me, but didn't. Hot tub by the pool was relaxing. Breakfast wasn't too bad by hotel standards. Seen better but seen far worse elsewhere. All in all the hotel made a very long weekend in Austin comfortable and enjoyable. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just spent 4 nights here during South-by-Southwest Music Festival because there were no other hotel rooms in the city available (literally). The accommodations were clean but dated and run down. The bed was surprisingly comfortable in my second floor room but I didn't get much sleep as the walls are so thin that I could hear people in all of the rooms around me. The front desk staff was often lounging on the couch in the lobby and had to get up to come help us at the front desk, and the cleaning staff were often just hanging out in the hallway chatting - maybe that's their definition of a casual work environment!?@?

They provided a free continental breakfast each morning that seemed to draw in a lot of folks but I ate offsite so I cannot comment on the food.

The location is right of the freeway, but surrounded by some scary houses, a fortune teller business and some vacated restaurants. There is drug store, fast food or anything within walking distance. You have to drive at least 5-8 minutes to get to any regular food establishments or a Walmart in case you forgot anything.

Overall it was a clean bed and a hot shower. No bells or whistles.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the halls would be best - less noise from slamming doors and elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Carlson Hotels C, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Austin-North, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your feelings in regards to your stay at our property. We are sorry the front desk was not attentive -as this is something we take very seriously- we have since spoken with our team so this does not happen again.

Please stop by so we can make your next stay with us extra special.
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We just stayed at the Country Inn in Austin for the SXSW conference and I would recommend it. It is clean, the staff is nice and the room have acceptable A/C units and the showers have adequate pressure. Tiny gym but enough to break a sweat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cairo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed for 1 night with friends after we moved out from another terrible hotel during our weekend in Austin. The room was clean with 2 queen size beds, bathroom was big and clean too with good amenities. The room had a microwave and an LCD TV. Breakfast was very basic, bagels, cheese and waffles. We went down at 9 and most of the food was gone.
Other than the breakfast, the hotel is a good one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

arrived early into austin coming in from san antonio and the front desk clerk(bruce) was able to check me in early, despite how busy the place looked. In a matter of minutes I was checked in and headed up to my room. As soon as i walked into the room I thought to myself, "wait a minute, this doesn't look right". the room was a two bedroom suite. I was a little hesitant to call down to the front desk and ask if i'd gotten the right room? (I only booked what I thought was a standard king room). When Bruce answered the phone he informed me that because the hotel was so busy, all the standard rooms were taken up still(it was still 11am), so he gave me an upgrade, that way I could check in early. The rest of the staff was always smiling and greeted me whenever I passed through the lobby. Breakfast was great, wide variety of pastries, cereals, juices, teas, and hot breakfast items. There was always water in the lobby and fresh cookies! loved that!! The only problem was that the only ice machine on property seemed to be out of order. it wasn't a big deal, but that should get looked at!
Overall the stay was well worth the price and I hope to see ya'll again!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Austin-North? Share your experiences!