“FILTHY, NASTY....DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #97 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Laguna Park, Texas, United States
“FILTHY, NASTY....DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I booked a King Suite for my husband and myself. I went in to check into the room, there was no personnel to be found. After waiting we finally got our room and the jacuzzi tub had soap scum rings, hair, and water still in the tub. The bathroom was repulsive. There was a hair on the toilet seat, brown slime down the wall and what looked like old toothpaste on the wall. We found hair in the bed.
This was so bad we left and got another hotel. At $145/night this was ridiculous. I will never be back!!!!

Room Tip: Run!!!! Do NOT choose a room at this hotel!!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
cx_astn, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Austin-North, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I would like to start off by saying that I apologize that we incorrectly checked you into a room that our housekeeping hadn't cleaned yet. Unfortunately, sometimes a room can be overlooked. It would have been our pleasure to switch you to another room to ensure you had an enjoyable stay. In fact, I pride myself in the cleanliness of our hotel, which is apparent by other traveler’s reviews on this site and others like it. I also instill high levels of guest services in my staff to make for a great stay.

You decided to check out within 15 minutes of checking in. I hope that in the future, you will give us the chance to make your stay right. We work hard here to try and make all of our guests happy and will do anything to make a stay right.

Again, I apologize that that you were accidentally checked into a room that the housekeeping staff had left for the following day to clean. We had several other rooms that were ready and fully cleaned and would have loved to have moved you to one of those. We truly hope to see you again in your travels.. Thanks again for your review!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fort Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Nice free breakfast in a comfortable breakfast room with plenty of seating. Slept great in comfortable bed/pillows. I have a 6 month old daughter and liked staying on the 1st floor. It was easy to bring all her stuff in and a luggage cart was always available up front =)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Del Rio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Austin this past weekend and had the most excellent service. The manager, Cory was very helpful in making sure that my stay there was comfortable and ensured a perfect visit. He was very knowledgeable on what the hotel had to offer it's clientele(e.g. hot tub, pool, exercise room). The interior of the hotel was very beautiful and inviting and I would certainly recommend it to anyone staying in the Austin area. -Jessica B.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The location is on the north side of town with easy access to the highways. It's pretty easy to get to the UT campus or downtown from the hotel.

The service was great. Very friendly staff that went out of their way to make us feel welcome.

The hotel itself is worn. The rooms smell musty and there are stains on the carpet and curtains. We had 2 rooms and both had the same problem. Large bathrooms and a strange shower head that rotates when water comes out. The mini fridge was very poor quality. The TV was actually pretty nice. The elevators are extremely slow even though there are only 3 floors.

Breakfast is standard fare for Country Inn. No surprises and a good value with hot meats and biscuits.

We got what we were expecting out of our stay. It's a nice hotel for families, but that's where it ends. I wouldn't stay here if I was traveling solo.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I was supposed to stay at the Radisson downtown Austin but the conference hotel was full. I was sent to this hotel as the "sister" hotel. First issue with the hotel is that all of the maps I pulled up showed it on the N side of I-35; it is actually on S I-35. From the outside, it was not like any Country Inn I have stayed at. It seemed to be in a unkept part of town; lots of beggars. I was rather worried; however, after coming in and visiting with the front-desk clerk (who was very helpful), I felt better. The inside of the hotel is much nicer than the outside. The room was clean; the bed and tv were extra big; plenty of linens in the bathroom... pillows on the bed. The floor in the bathroom might have been a little cleaner but overall, decent room. I probably would not stay here again, and will give it an okay only because of the dirty location. The room also has a fridge, micro, coffee pot, and small kitchen w/sink. Free wifi and local food delivery is free. I traveled for business but would not bring my children here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

The beds were really comfortable and the room clean. The pool was very clean as well as the spa and the polo area was tidy. The surrounding area is right along the highway, and a bit dodgy. The staff was friendly and helpful. WIFI was good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We were disappointed by our stay at this hotel not up to Country Inns & Suites standards.

Room Tip: Not County Inns & Suites Standards
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
cx_astn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Austin-North, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
I would like to apologize for the concerns you had during your stay. I would like to address yoru comment, "Not up to Country Inn & Suites Standards." Over the course of the past year, we have made numerous upgrades to our property and were able to do so thanks to guest reviews like yours. We have made the following upgrades to our hotel over the past year:

Brand new <b>42" LG LCD flat panel TVs in ALL guest rooms.<b/>
Brand new <b>LifeFitness commercial grade exercise equipment<b/> in our work out facility.
Brand new <b>Serta Elite 2000 plush Mattresses<b/> in ALL guest rooms.
Re-Plaster our exterior pool and hot tub surfaces.

We work hard to try and make all guest experiences enjoyable. Thanks again for your review of our hotel. We truly hope to see you again in your travels!!!

Cory Armer

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Austin-North? Share your experiences!