Stayed for extended period of time Approx 4 months - Here are the good points and bad points (Pro/Con List):
GOOD POINTS (PRO)
1. CHEAP: Cheap place to stay for extended period. If you don't have a place to stay and need something cheap this is the place to go.
BAD POINTS (CON)
1. TRASH: Trash cans are near my door and had very bad smell many times.
2. AIR CONDITIONER: Smells like Mold
3. PARKING: My vehicle was broken into (Back window broken out) because I had to park on the side that has no lighting when parking lot was full. To-date, the hotel still has not increased any security measures 3+ months later.
4. MAID SERVICE: a) Maid would make bed with new sheets sometimes. b) Cleaning job is very rushed with just the main stuff worked on (clean sink, towlet, shower, trash). c)
I don't think they ever vacuumed the place in almost 4 months. d) Personal Towel taken by maids and not returned. e) Shower Curtain had very bad smell like mold - needed to be changed
5. SUICIDE: Man committed Suicide (shot himself) and hotel didn't know until next day. Window was broken by Fire Department and not fixed for more than 1 month.
6. PEOPLE STAYING IN ROOMS NEAR: a) Had man saying next door and would go outside to throw-up in bushes outside room after drinking all day and night. b) Had a couple with kids staying next door and fought for 3 days until they finally left for San Antonio (how do I know they went to San Antonio, you would have to be deaf not to know).
7. INTERNET: You have to pay for it, but I would not call it high speed. They have the router so far from the rooms that your signal is very poor - a good day you had maybe 20 MBPS, but usually much less. It was only a one time fee and very cheap, but I could not qualify this for a PRO since speed/signal was so poor).
8. TV: The TV was very old and remote would not turn the TV on/off. Very limited choice of channels. If you like CNN you'll love it, if you want FOX NEWS forget it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz so you can book your Studio 6 Austin Northwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Studio 6 Hotel Austin