“Think carefully before staying here!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Studio 6 Austin Midtown

Save Saved
You added Studio 6 Austin Midtown to your Saves list
Studio 6 Austin Midtown
6603 N Interstate 35, -35 at US Route 290/FM 2222, Austin, TX 78752 (St. Johns)   |
Ranked #164 of 184 Hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“Think carefully before staying here!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I are contractors so we travel frequently for jobs. We have stayed at the Studio 6 Houston (Hwy 6 & I-10) for over a year once and were delighted with the service. Not so here in Austin's Midtown location. Major construction going on since we checked in in March. Were initially told the construction would be finished by April which is why we pursued staying here in the first place. Along with the fact we were given a decent rate for being returning customers. As of now the end of August the construction is still ongoing. We've been moved a couple times to accommodate THEM and their construction. Yet our rates have gone up twice in the last 4 months. Honestly, management is basically non-existent or they don't care. Room cleaning is awful IF you can even get your room cleaned. I urge anyone staying for any extended period of time to seek other lodging.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Greetings

I come to Austin quite frequently, and was a bit discouraged to read about the studio 6 Midtown. However,Was quite surprised, the property is under renovations, and I was lucky enough to stay in a renovated room. Aside from a small amount of construction noise during the day, the property is really nice. When they finish it will be very nice. The room I had was a newly finished
with wood floors/ new cabinets/ appliances, new bedding. Appears there has been a change in management staff, very friendly.. Will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I've stayed at other Studio 6's, this has to be the worst. The manager was lounging at his apartment when I arrived at 8PM and responded to the courtesy phone by asking "Jess" if he had "brought the stuff." I wasn't Jess and I certainly hadn't brought him anything. My non-smoking hotel room smelled like cigarette smoke covered with Lysol and there were burn marks on the sink from cigarettes. I have asthma connected specifically to cigarettes, so this was a serious problem. I tried contacting the manager to change my room, but he did not respond. When I tried to leave to pick up a colleague at the airport, I found that the door would not lock properly--the deadbolt was no longer connected to the lever. It took me thirty minutes to get the door closed--and when I got back, it took me another thirty minutes to get back in, despite having the key card. The door did not lock properly through the night. I may never stay at another Studio 6 as long as I live...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Buellton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was looking forward to this Studio 6 from past stays at them. It's tucked back in from the hiway and next to 3 real nice restaurants. The check in staff were fine and I was warned that the office is closed from 10pm on.! Use the phone outside if you have a key problem. Went to the room and was quite let down by the overall condition. Poor carpet, wear slippers everywhere. Just looked and felt used and in need of a remodel. The wife was not pleased. Hangers were locked into a space 9 inches long on a 5' pole on open closet, weird. We now always take sani wipes for the plane and motel rooms and we used 3 or 4 here. Not terrible but a big letdown from the Studio 6 in San Antonio Airport. and Flagstaff Az. area.

Room Tip: You might want to take key to see room first.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I called the front desk from long-distance before I arrived. The employee's attitude was a red flag; he was clearly not interested in being helpful. I asked for a quiet room if possible. He said "nothing can be done until you arrive." I called the central reservations number for Studio 6 and was told the employee at the motel should have told me he would make a note that I wanted a quiet room on the top floor. I then called an employee from the other Studio 6 in Austin. He told me that two people had (separately) come to that Studio 6 from Studio 6 midtown without even checking in because of the attitude of the employee on duty. I had heard enough. When I called the central reservations to cancel, I mentioned the problems. I was told that no complaint "could be made" unless i agreed to be transferred to another department to repeat what I had said. I am soooo glad that I cancelled. My gut feeling was right on.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Austin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed here for a week while between apartments. The add online says it costs $119 a week. I ended up paying $270 bucks after all said and done. You have to PAY for your internet here! They don't tell you that till you get here! Then... The internet really sucked bad! I could hardly do my yahoo mail ! You also have to pay extra for room cleaning and maid service. It's bull crap and false advertising ! I will not be back.

Room Tip: Go to a differnet place. The extra charges are not worth it.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Austin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Our first day here we had to switch rooms because the wireless connection didn't work; there was also a half-dead roach twitching in the bathroom, and several smaller dead ones under the kitchen sink. Also, consider yourself lucky if you get an English speaking housekeeper, because the majority of them speak Spanish and understand very little English.

I stayed here for over a month because I moved here to TX and needed a temp place to live while I looked for work and an apartment, and this was the cheapest place that also accepted dogs. The front desk is slow, and the housekeeping service is lazy.

During my last week here the front desk called to tell me that housekeeping made a complaint that I wasn't letting them into the room to clean, and they had to inspect the condition of the room. The main reason I'm making this review is because of that. It irks me to hear that housekeeping is complaining about ME when I need to ask them to vacuum every week otherwise they won't; they wont even clean the bathroom because I keep my dog in there because they're afraid of dogs. And when they mop the kitchen floor they don't even bother with sweeping and moping under the table, and with kids, it's gets pretty messy under there.

Definitely NOT staying here again or recommending it to anyone else.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Studio 6 Austin Midtown? Share your experiences!