“Not the best value around ! A lot of extra charges !” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Studio 6 Austin Midtown

and 1 more site!
You added Studio 6 Austin Midtown to your Saves list
Studio 6 Austin Midtown
6603 N Interstate 35, -35 at US Route 290/FM 2222, Austin, TX 78752 (St. Johns)   |
Ranked #154 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Austin
“Not the best value around ! A lot of extra charges !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed here for a week while between apartments. The add online says it costs $119 a week. I ended up paying $270 bucks after all said and done. You have to PAY for your internet here! They don't tell you that till you get here! Then... The internet really sucked bad! I could hardly do my yahoo mail ! You also have to pay extra for room cleaning and maid service. It's bull crap and false advertising ! I will not be back.

Room Tip: Go to a differnet place. The extra charges are not worth it.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Austin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Our first day here we had to switch rooms because the wireless connection didn't work; there was also a half-dead roach twitching in the bathroom, and several smaller dead ones under the kitchen sink. Also, consider yourself lucky if you get an English speaking housekeeper, because the majority of them speak Spanish and understand very little English.

I stayed here for over a month because I moved here to TX and needed a temp place to live while I looked for work and an apartment, and this was the cheapest place that also accepted dogs. The front desk is slow, and the housekeeping service is lazy.

During my last week here the front desk called to tell me that housekeeping made a complaint that I wasn't letting them into the room to clean, and they had to inspect the condition of the room. The main reason I'm making this review is because of that. It irks me to hear that housekeeping is complaining about ME when I need to ask them to vacuum every week otherwise they won't; they wont even clean the bathroom because I keep my dog in there because they're afraid of dogs. And when they mop the kitchen floor they don't even bother with sweeping and moping under the table, and with kids, it's gets pretty messy under there.

Definitely NOT staying here again or recommending it to anyone else.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011 via mobile

My husbands company booked us there because he had to work in Austin for a week but when we arrived with confirmation number in hand they said the room hadn't been confirmed and we had no reservation. It was midnight when we arrived from out of town and after 30 minutes of speaking with the manager on duty, he finally said he wood give us a room but my husband had to pay cash for a room that was already paid for by his company. We did just so we could get our little girls in bed but when we got yo the room the air didn't work and there was only one bed. My husband went to speak with the manager again but he had gone and the night clerk said he could't move us because we had only reserved a room wirh one bed. We made due with the room for the night but needless to say we moved first thing the next day. Also, with all the free wifi spots in Austin the hotel wants you to pay $5.00 to use theirs. Not very accommodating to business travelers. Maybe it is because we arrived late at night but there where very suspicious looking " ladies of the night" walking around the complex as well. Not good.

• Stayed June 2011
Galena, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

Stayed here in June and although it was a bit rundown and the other guests seemed a bit sketchy, it wasn't too dirty. It was the most affordable place I found and I stayed for a week while visiting my boyfriend who lives in Austin and I cooked meals in the room. Only problems were noisy guests and poor laundry facilities. We decided when I flew down for my next stay in September that we would stay there again. BIG MISTAKE!

Our next stay was awful. It started with the refrigerator leaking on our left over food the first night and after I ate the food I couldn't stop throwing up. These were leftovers that had not make us sick until being in the fridge. Only I ate the leftovers that had been leaked on and I got very sick. The front desk took 3 days to send a repair man. The shower facet was coming out of the wall and it was hard to turn on. When we checked in I found a dead roach in the bathroom and one in the dresser drawer. I was grossed out but had already paid for a week and was hoping that since they were dead that was a good sign. Well, there were many more roaches and all alive! There were 12 live ones that I witnessed including one that tormented me by camping out in the alarm clock and waving it's antenna at me! When my bf got back he took the entire clock and put it in a trash bag on top of the refrigerator. There was a roach that came out of the stove and one that chased me in the bathroom and one by the light switch. They were EVERYWHERE! it took them 2 days to address this problem and the man came in and sprayed this horrible "citrus" smelling stuff that made me feel sick the rest of our stay. He also cheerfully told me that spraying was going to chase them out of hiding for the next day or two, which it did! There were two guys that partied on the curb outside my door every night til 3 am too. At check out many other guests were complaining and the staff blew them off and acted like that was a daily thing, which no doubt it is! Do not stay here unless you care to bring home roaches in your suitcase!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
San Angelo, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

The room was clean comfortable. It was reasonably priced and had all the usual amenities. The gentleman at the check-in desk was great. Would recommend this hotel for the budget conscious traveler.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Paris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

Well, in 2008 nothing changed in this place. Ok, it this place IS cheap, so you cannot expect much, but really the place sucks. It is old and run down, dirty and does not feel safe.
The idea of having a kitchen with fridge is cool, but the fridge is so old and noisy, I had to shut it down overnight to be able to sleep at all.

Bathroom and bathtub the same: old and rusty, you would not even want to try having a bath in there. (some bugs and dripping water, noisy exhaust fan etc etc)
The beds are actually ok, but the blanket must be 50 years old and the sheets were not very clean.

Staff is polite but does not care/do anything. They will tell you anything with a smile, but nothing happens. (I have been complaining about the fridge and other stuff)

If you are looking for cheap place, please continue searching, stay away from this place! I will never stay here again.

• Liked — The low price
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2007

Having stayed at this property at other times, I booked 3 nights, wanting a kitchen for food prep. Though I had a confirmation #, I even called the night before to confirm my reservation. However, when I arrived the front desk person said that although I had a reservation, Studio6 could not "fill" my reservation. Thus, they gave me a voucher to stay at a Motel 6 for that night. I explained that I was staying for 3 nights & had food with me.

I even spoke to the manager, who was "sorry" about the situation, but had no remedy or further explanation (other than the voucher for 1 night at Motel 6), except to say that as an extended stay hotel, if the extended stay guests do extend their stay, then the hotel guests (such as me) get 'bumped'! I have booked many hotels, but never heard of policies like this.

Austin is a big city with lots of visitors, but I had to get a room for my other 2 nights! When my husband heard other guests say they were checking out the next day, he requested the room they would vacate, but we were again told that we "might not" get the room, even with a "reservation"! Sounds like Russian Roulette a la Studio6.

• Liked — The manager took my phone call
  • Disliked — How can a reservation not be a "reservation"?????
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Studio 6 Austin Midtown? Share your experiences!