“Not worth it. Unsafe, dirty.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Austin Central - North

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Austin Central - North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Austin Central - North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   8010 N. Interstate 35, I-35 at Exits #240-A/241, Austin, TX 78753   |
Ranked #159 of 184 Hotels in Austin
“Not worth it. Unsafe, dirty.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The location is very sketchy, homeless people all over. The rooms were so dirty. I was forced to stay my entire 2 nights for lack of availability elsewhere otherwise I would have left. . I had to clean my own floors!!! Hairs and crumbs everywhere!!!

My non smoking room had burn holes in the blankets and everything smelled like smoke.

You get what you pay for here. This place is a dump, choose another motel.

Room Tip: Very small parking lot.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hemet, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

First of all I never write reviews. I flew into Austin from California and needed a room for the night. I checked with priceline. It seemed like a reasonable deal. I have stayed at several Motel 6 before. When I arrived I already had a very bad feeling. This motel is very sketchy and scary. I didn't feel safe staying there by myself at all. Even though I had already paid for the room online I decided not to stay. I felt that bad about the area. I wish I would have read reviews before booking. It would have saved me $55. Lesson learned. I hope I can help someone else not make the same mistake.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Harrisburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I were in town for the March Madness games at UT. The location of the hotel is a little confusing for out-of-towners when approaching from the south (you have to go past the hotel and back around, 35 is quite the freeway) but once you get used to it, it's no problem. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Bring your own shampoo and conditioner because all you get is a bar of soap. It's a very clean and inexpensive place to stay with no frills. Contrary to some other reviewers, I felt very safe during our five day stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
College Station, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We ended planning a trip to Austin during SXSW like fools and the only hotel that we could find online that wasn't $500 a night was this Motel 6. After reading the reviews, I thought that the place would be okay but I will warn you right now... This place is AWFUL. When we arrived, there were homeless people loitering the property and over-flowing trash cans by the doors. When we walked into our room, it smelled like someone had been smoking in it for years. No amount of air freshener can get that smell out. There were cigarette burns all over the comforters. I would even question how clean the sheets and pillows were, as they were discolored with stains on them. There was only one towel in the bathroom and stains streaking the bathroom wall. I wouldn't even take a shower in this place. I was so traumatized by how awful this place was that I screamed to my companion, "OMG, there is blood on the floor!" but I am pretty sure it was just red paint. Oddly enough there is nothing in the room painted red. This place is incredibly disgusting. It is NOT clean AT ALL. I would not even let my dog stay there. We were told by locals that this Motel 6 is located in the worst part of town and is known to rent the rooms by half-the-hour to prostitutes and drug users. I do want to say that, yes this place was remodeled, but that was quite awhile ago as the "newness" has definitely worn off. The only nice thing in that room was the bathroom sink. If you are looking for a comfortable place to sleep, forget about it. The beds are cheap mattresses on a formica slab. The only reason I am giving this place a 2 instead of a 1 is bc the front desk clerks were so incredibly kind and gave us a full refund. By the grace of God, we found a room at the Hampton Inn by the Arboretum (which is a very nice hotel).

Room Tip: The tip is to not book this place period.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Iowa City IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This Motel 6 was clean, convenient and safe. The front desk clerks were helpful, efficient and friendly. I requested a different room because I didn't like the location of the one first given to me; the clerk accomodated me immediately without a hassle. There is an area (long and semi-narrow strips) on the west and north sides that are perfect for dog walking. The rooms are remodeled and clean; The location of the motel is convenient to downtown Austin; it is still a little drive from the north and traffic can be heavy. There are no restaurants or stores or other conviences in the immeidate area. At night there was some coming and going so I would use caution. I did encouter a few random people that were eerie (Austin in general seems to have a huge transient population owing to it's warm winter climate) This didn't affect my sleep or feeling of safety.

Room Tip: I would request a room in the back on the west side for the quiet. Also if you have a dog this area...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Mesquite
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Motel 6 generally are just average, but the reno helped to elevate the rating on this one. The room was very clean and fresh smelling. Large flat screen TV and sleeker furniture made the room seem larger. On-site security.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Prescott, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I came to Austin without knowing SXSW was going on. The hotel was sold out by the time we arrived.

Many of the Motel 6 hotels are undergoing renovations. This one had been recently renovated. It was very nice inside for a Motel 6. There wasn't a refrigerator, but there was a flat-screen tv on the wall. Two strange things: the sink towered about six inches over the counter. More unusual than necessarily bad.

The other was that the toilet had no lid. No way to sit down and take care of the kids in the bathtub.

The hotel had the usual Motel 6 standards: a clean room, decent beds, and plenty of parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side to get away from the freeway noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Austin Central - North? Share your experiences!