“Would i stay again? let me think.... YES” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Austin Central - North

You added Motel 6 Austin Central - North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Austin Central - North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   8010 N. Interstate 35, I-35 at Exits #240-A/241, Austin, TX 78753   |
Ranked #168 of 191 Hotels in Austin
San Angelo, Texas
“Would i stay again? let me think.... YES”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I booked because of the renovated rooms, a 32inch flatscreen wall mounted, new black marble sink wich elevated face bowl. New towel holders New pedal style beds, that you can see under. Motel 6 went with the less is more and it works. The removed the carpeting. Good move, why? Ever spent time wondering if the carpets been cleaned? No more food stains, unrine stays and whatever. They have laminated "hardwood" floors. And you know without a doubt the floors are clean. The beds were okay, if they replace them with a low cost visco foam bed it would be great. Same old bulk sheets that were clean. THe towels are typical. Hot water was abundant. No microwave or small fridge, stay at Studio 6 if you want that. Overall i enjoyed the stay it was simple, no frills and inexpensive. It was clean and gives you that peace of mind about the cleanliness. I like the way the rooms looks and i dont mind bare floors. I stayed 2 nights and it was quiet. Its very close to food establishments and Walmart is on the other side of I-35, and hwy 183 is at the corner.

Room Tip: If you need drawers for clothes, ask for a room that has them. Mine didnt but i travel light anyway
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Flat screen TV. Non smoking rooms do not smell on cigs nor does the linen. No breakfast and WI-FI is not free. Worth the money

• Stayed August 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

On May 28,2011, I had a room at this Motel 6. I was there a couple of hours and the adjoining room door opened and closed. I went to the lobby to tell the front desk what happened and the guy with tattoo on his neck told "Me" the guest to knock on the door and tell two male hispanics to stop. I went back to my room and they did it again. I went back to front desk and basically he told me to bad . I asked him to call his manager and I got the same response. I went back to my room 108 and left
My safety was not a concern

• Stayed May 2011
Holden, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

We stayed at this motel for one night. The person at the lobby that checked us in told us when we asked if there is any antique shops close the answer he gave was where to find hookers and the pawn shops. Would never stay at this motel again it gives Motel 6 a very bad reputation. While we were on vacation we stayed at much nicer motels for the same amount of money or less. The room had no shampoo, hair dryer, clock, extra towels they charge extra for more than 1 person but do not give extra towels for that person.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Austell, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

Pros: Very very clean; Newly renovated gave it a modern look; Location is convenient to I35 and many surrounding restaurants and shops.
Cons: No alarm clock or dresser; Internet access is an additional 2.95

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

We arrived into Austin early evening, and wanted to spend the night, but not spend a lot of money. We also wanted to be fairly close to the downtown. We found this hotel on our GPS, and were offered the last non-smoking room at $5 off due to it being later in the day.

The room was very clean and simple. We were told on reception that we could walk to 6th Street, but we had them call a taxi because we were tired, and after we drove the route in the taxi, we were very glad that we did not walk it, as it did not look that safe. The taxi ride was less than $10.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
austin, tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

When we checked in to the room, the rates were way higher than what we were originally quoted. Since we were tired from the long drive we decided that we would deal with it when the manager got in. (which was in two days) The next day security pounded on our door at 4 AM telling us we had to leave because there was no payment made. They tried barging in our room but thankfully we had the other lock on there. We told them that we would be talking to the manager in the morning and that the front desk was already aware of it. I talked to the manager Brandy whom was very rude and did nothing about them changing the price upon check-in or about security pounding on our doors at 4AM, she said this is when they ran their reports. Brandy also stated that the reason for the price change was because there was a city event. We had just booked the hotel two days prior to our check in date, so if they were going to change the prices for the event then they should have quoted us those prices. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Austin area!!!

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business