“Nice motel, bad area” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Austin North

You added Motel 6 Austin North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Austin North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9420 Interstate 35, I-35 at Rundberg Lane, Exit #241, Austin, TX 78753   |
Ranked #174 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Heredia, Costa Rica
“Nice motel, bad area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The good: The room was nice. Simple and clean. The service was wonderful - very responsive, and they gave me a full refund when I checked out a day early.

The bad: Really sketchy area, noise all night long. The reviews don't exaggerate. We saw dog fighting out back, and woke up at 4am to a megaphone commanding people to leave the premises.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I booked this thinking I was saving money, ended up feeling so unsafe I checked out immediately and got another hotel room for the weekend. It's in a really sketchy neighborhood, the rooms are cheap and falling to pieces. The bed was like something you'd think belong in a prison and there was one ratty, purple towel for the bathroom. If you wanted the blowdryer or iron you had to leave your ID at the front desk...Ick.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Corning
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Let's just say this area of Austin is not the best. Everything the previous reviewers have said is true. Security guard, suspicious characters running around all hours of the night, and plenty of noise into the morning. I would not stay here with a family for sure. Pick a different location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Bangor Gwynedd UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Out of the 18 or so hotels I stayed in this was the worst by far. This place was shady as hell. It wasn't so much the hotel it was the locals and guests. There were homeless people hanging around by the entrance which made me sit in in my car too scared to check till they went away. Theres also a security guard. He's no good as he's a skinny dude who sits in the office hiding away drinking coffee.
Check in was fine but you had a lot of guests leaning on the balconies, smoking and giving you dirty looks. It's basically like a scene from San Quentin Prison.
The rooms were fine and clean but I slept with one eye open in case some crazy burst into the room.
If you value your sanity and want a good nights sleep, pay more and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: A good room? Avoid this place at all costs.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Austin North, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Judey_Boyyy,
Biloxi, Mississippi, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I reserved a room a couple days in advance, when I arrived the parking lot was full of VERY loud people and police, there was a security guard on duty that did nothing about the noise that went on till 3am, the room floor, and towels were dirty, the floor and walls had cracks in them. I was told when i called to make the reservation that the entire hotel had Wi-Fi I had to pay $3.00 extra just to find out that it did not work, and when I got waken up at 6:30am by the loud people, I went to check out the staff at the front desk was extremely rude. Also this hotel seemed to have a lot of long term residents whom were shady characters to say the least there were drug deals and FBI vans going down in the parking lot. BY far the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in, Room was also very cramped the bed was right up against the large and old AC unit.

Room Tip: Stay Away from Any Motel 6 in Austin
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Corpus Christi, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed one night. It was the worst experience ever. Too many homeless people hanging around the hotel and on the intersection. Motel has a security guard what does that tell you. We were very uneasy about waking up and our vehicle note being there. I do not recommend this place for anyone especially if you have kids. Saw a hit and run in the parking lot. Got to the hotel at 3am and there were many people walking around. You can see why we felt uneasy about our vehicle not being there. On the bright side the front desk was nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

First of all, I have been using Motel 6 all my life, and I have never been treated as badly as I was by their General Manager, Veronica. I was in Austin for my uncle's funeral. I had made reservations with this particular Motel 6. I was told our room would be ready by 1:00pm on the day of our reservation. When I called at 12:30pm, Veronica was very rude, and said, "Quite frankly sir, you were lied to. Your room won't be ready until 3:00pm. I called back at 3:00pm and she said, it wouldn't be ready until 4:00pm. I then asked her why I was told different times over and over? She then was very rude, told me that Motel 6 has the right to refuse service to anyone and that she was cancelling my reservations. I tried to apologize and reconcile our reservations, she said that she was completely booked and to take my business elsewhere. This happened to be the weekend of "South by southwest" a music event that is held in Austin. There were NO other hotels or motels within 50 miles that had any available rooms. I was 12 hours from home and in Austin for my Uncle's funeral. Like I said, I have never been treated this way by a so called professional. STAY AWAY FROM THIS LOCATION!

Room Tip: Stay away from this location - there are countless bad reviews on this particular Motel 6
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Austin North? Share your experiences!