“The Worst hotel stay EVER!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Austin North

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Austin North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Austin North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9420 Interstate 35, I-35 at Rundberg Lane, Exit #241, Austin, TX 78753   |
Ranked #173 of 182 hotels in Austin
Biloxi, Mississippi, United States
“The Worst hotel stay EVER!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I reserved a room a couple days in advance, when I arrived the parking lot was full of VERY loud people and police, there was a security guard on duty that did nothing about the noise that went on till 3am, the room floor, and towels were dirty, the floor and walls had cracks in them. I was told when i called to make the reservation that the entire hotel had Wi-Fi I had to pay $3.00 extra just to find out that it did not work, and when I got waken up at 6:30am by the loud people, I went to check out the staff at the front desk was extremely rude. Also this hotel seemed to have a lot of long term residents whom were shady characters to say the least there were drug deals and FBI vans going down in the parking lot. BY far the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in, Room was also very cramped the bed was right up against the large and old AC unit.

Room Tip: Stay Away from Any Motel 6 in Austin
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Corpus Christi, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed one night. It was the worst experience ever. Too many homeless people hanging around the hotel and on the intersection. Motel has a security guard what does that tell you. We were very uneasy about waking up and our vehicle note being there. I do not recommend this place for anyone especially if you have kids. Saw a hit and run in the parking lot. Got to the hotel at 3am and there were many people walking around. You can see why we felt uneasy about our vehicle not being there. On the bright side the front desk was nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

First of all, I have been using Motel 6 all my life, and I have never been treated as badly as I was by their General Manager, Veronica. I was in Austin for my uncle's funeral. I had made reservations with this particular Motel 6. I was told our room would be ready by 1:00pm on the day of our reservation. When I called at 12:30pm, Veronica was very rude, and said, "Quite frankly sir, you were lied to. Your room won't be ready until 3:00pm. I called back at 3:00pm and she said, it wouldn't be ready until 4:00pm. I then asked her why I was told different times over and over? She then was very rude, told me that Motel 6 has the right to refuse service to anyone and that she was cancelling my reservations. I tried to apologize and reconcile our reservations, she said that she was completely booked and to take my business elsewhere. This happened to be the weekend of "South by southwest" a music event that is held in Austin. There were NO other hotels or motels within 50 miles that had any available rooms. I was 12 hours from home and in Austin for my Uncle's funeral. Like I said, I have never been treated this way by a so called professional. STAY AWAY FROM THIS LOCATION!

Room Tip: Stay away from this location - there are countless bad reviews on this particular Motel 6
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New Brighton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I'm a Motel 6 veteran, so take my advice - this is one of those M6 properties to avoid, with its busy, noisy location, dumpy rooms, and vague sense of menace in the air. You'll save a couple of bucks over the other handful of Motel 6 properties in Austin, but just don't - really. You can enjoy your time in Austin, or you can stay here - you can't do both.

(We were able cancel our remaining two nights without any hassle, so at least the service was good - not unusual for Motel 6.)

(Tip - the Studio 6 on Research Blvd (property #6032) is quite nice if you're staying a few days. Not particularly close to the action, but getting around in Austin isn't too bad, imo - Austin isn't DFW or Houston.)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Keller, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

As with most motels, I was not expecting 5-star. The room itself was very basic and as clean as one can expect. The location was terrible and there was a lot of "seedy" activity outside the hotel all night. The hotel is located just off I-35 in North Austin, towards Round Rock. If you continue further away from the highway you continue into more "seedy" areas. That isthe nicest term I can come up with. No frills with this establishent, except for a pool. If you get a room on the highway side, it gets loud but seems the safest area to stay and leave your vehicle. I took all belongings out of my vehicle overnight.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I arrived around 1:30 am on the day of my reservation and was told I could not check in without paying for another day because the day's audit was not ran until 5am. I had to sleep in my car till 5am. I also was scared out of my mind with all the drug dealers and prostitutes walking around asking for money or to sell me drugs. My a/c unit had to be taken out of my room while I was sleeping the next day. They pretty much walked right in, no knocking. I was without a/c for about 1hr and in Texas it's to hot not having one. I did not pay 94 dollars to be scared to sleep and be hot, not to mention have no privacy. I would not recomend this hotel to my worst foe. This motel was enough to make me never want to return to Texas.... Also the pool was closed, I wonder if that had to do with the nasty people staying there using it for a place to make money.

Room Tip: Don't stay here is the best tip..Go to Red Roof Inn right down from Motel 6
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Rowlett, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

When I stay at Motel 6, I generally choose by price if there are a number of different Motel 6's in the area. I chose this one, because it had the lowest advertised price of any Motel 6 in the greater Austin area. And it was along my route, which was also nice. At $32.99/night, less 10% for senior discount, this motel is an excellent value.

The rooms have been recently remodeled - newer wood grain laminate flooring, fresh paint, and upgraded shower unit. The room and bath were spotless. The bed was very comfortable - I don't know how Motel 6 does it, but I love the comfort of their mattresses - and the climate control unit appeared to be new, or close to new, and worked just fine.

Reception clerk at check-in was efficient and pleasant. When I returned my key to the office when I checked out, the person on duty offered a sincere "thank you" and wished me the best.

The motel is situated adjacent to I-35 (Exit 241, southbound side), and, as such, there is a bit of highway noise. This didn't bother me, as I'm used to staying in highway motels, but those who get disturbed by this kind of noise need to be aware that it's there. As far as the grounds and general neighborhood, I noticed nothing that was of concern and felt safe.

Compared to other Motel 6's, this one is above average. It's a pleasant surprise to know that when I stayed, it was the cheapest Motel 6 in the area.

For those over 60, Motel 6 offers a 10% discount off of their standard rates. You can't book this rate online, but you can reserve a room online at the standard rate and request that the discount be applied when you check in. The discount does not apply on special rates (such as "Click 6") I've found it works best when I add "Senior Rate Requested" to the comments field when I book online.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from I-35 might be quieter - if highway noise is a problem for you.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Austin North? Share your experiences!