“Exellent experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Austin Water Bikes

Austin Water Bikes
208 Barton Springs Rd., Austin, TX (Downtown)
512-200-6555
Austin
19 attraction reviews
“Exellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I tried this with my family during our last family celebration and we all like it very much. It was great exercise and we all enjoyed. My kids are 12 and 11. I will do it again with a group of friends. management was very polite and accommodating.

Visited June 2012

Sunnyvale, California
20 attraction reviews
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

It was a good exercise and we enjoyed it a lot.
We could see the downtown area while cylcling.
It was different experience for us as we had never done this before.
We need to call the concerned person after we get there.

Visited February 2012
Austin, TX
21 attraction reviews
“Relaxing, entertaining, and great exercise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

If you love the water, and you like to ride bikes, this is a wonderful combo. My hubby and I stayed at a downtown hotel and parked at the Austin Dog Park nearby and walked down the Hike and Bike Trail to get to this attraction. You can also pay a small fee to park in the Hyatt Austin parking lot and the attraction is located on the lake behind the hotel. We opted for an hour tour, which was plenty for my husband, a non-cyclist; I could easily have gone longer, but I regularly cycle. He's 6'6" and I'm 5'3" on a good day, and Todd, who is the co-owner and super friendly, was able to fit us both. They slap a little timer on each bike so you know when to come back and handed us each bottled water (critical in the heat!), and off we went. You can go wherever you want, but they recommend staying away from shallow water or places where the duckweed is thick. If foliage happens to get caught in your rudder, you can stand up on the bike (requires very little balance) and just flick the stuff off the back. If you want a workout, you can certainly put my effort into your strokes, but we just meandered. We wore running shoes, but you could do this in flip flops or sandals as well. It was fun sightseeing from that vantage point and watching ducks and turtles up close. I'd go back and take our kids; great entertainment for the whole family. If you are going during the hotter months, I'd recommend you start when they open at 10. Afterwards you can head over to Snack Bar and have carrot cake French toast! They also offer Moonlight rides from 9-10PM as well as Bat Tours under the Congress Avenue Bridge from 7-9PM. Otherwise, they are open 10AM-9PM.

Visited August 2011