“Free beer.......what?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7601 East Ben White Boulevard, Austin, TX 78747 (South Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #113 of 190 Hotels in Austin
Sisters, Oregon
“Free beer.......what?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

A very nice hotel to stay at. The employees were very nice and helpful, an very engaging. The highway is being rebuilt, makes it a little difficult to get in and out, and a little extra noise into the swing shift. The breakfast was typical Holiday Inn Express, but...... The have happy hour at night with snacks, wine, beer, and it is all free. Any place that rolls a keg out for its customer has to be good! Note: keg didn't work the first night, the owner of hotel drove to store and bought beer......WOW

• Stayed January 2013
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear WhiteGuyinMexico,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share about your experience stay at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport. We are happy to hear that you liked the happy hour, it is our main concern to make sure that we deliver an exceptional service to all of our guests, and if something is not right we will make it right for our guest. Unfortunately the road construction is not something that we can fix for our guest, but we know that it is necessary to have a better traffic flow on this side of town. We hope to see you soon, When you come to Austin TX.

Fabiola Moyado.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel between November 20 and 23; Booked through Ernst & Young corporate perks. We had called earlier to tell them that we need a crib. When I reached there, the front staff was nice, but when they presented me with charges, those were $15 higher per night than the price I had booked for. When I showed them my booking printout, the girl agreed to change it stating that "there have been problems with online booking today". But, the manager came from behind, and started arguing. You would not believe the arguments she gave me. Then, she came down $10. Finally, she gave in. I was aghast. If you do not want to honor the online booking price, please do not allow for it. Then, she pointed towards the crib in the hallway, and said "that is your crib". I had to pull it up to my room myself. No other hotel has ever done something like this (maybe this is the norm in Holiday Inn). The room was good, the breakfast was good. In fact, other than the manager, the front staff was very sweet, too. So, if you remove the manager from the equation, it is not a bad hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear lifemantra99,

I would like to Thank you for taking the time to share a few details from your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport. I would like to use this opportunity to apologize for the service that you received during your stay. This is not acceptable behavior from Holiday Inn Express Austin. I will investigate into this matter, to make sure this does not happen again. If you will like to contact me, please feel free call me. Hopefully you can give us an opportunity to provide you the service that Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport is known for.

Sayre, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

we recently made a trip to Austin to meet up with friends & stayed here. The front staff & the manager were quite rude & unaccomodating. I wish they understood the meaning of the business they are in "HOSPITALITY"!!! Anyways, I would not stay here ever again & would not recommend to any one else either.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I would like to Thank you for taking the time to share a few details from your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport. I would like to use this opportunity to apologize for the service that you received during your stay. I will Take matter into this issue because our Hotel is not known for this type of Service. As you mentioned on your review we are on the Hospitality industry and our job is to make sure that every guest have a great experience when they stay at our Hotel. If you would like to contact me with further information, please do not hesitate to call me at 512-386-7600. Hopefully you can give us an opportunity to provide you the service that Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport is known for.

Assistant General Manager.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very nice clean property, with lots of extras. Our room came with a fully stocked kitchenette. This was a huge help since we were traveling with our friend who is diabetic. I'm not sure if this is standard, but I will go back there every time just for this feature if it is. The staff was great, especially since the electricity went out on our block for about 2 hours. They did everything within their power to keep us comfortable and safe.

The pool was nice. Their breakfast had great selections and was kept well stocked. This property was about a 10 min drive from downtown Austin, but it was very convenient to all major roads and stores. The price and the extras make this a gem in my book!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Bakeaholic,

I would like to Thank you for taking the time to share a few details from your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport. We are very happy to hear all the good things that you experience during your stay at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites. It is always our top priority to provide a great service to all of our guest. We hope to see you soon, When you come to Austin TX.

Oakland, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We needed a place to stay, and this was an affordable stopover in Austin. Location is not the best, but it's close to the airport. They wouldn't honor our discount because my boyfriend lost the credit card he booked the room on, so we had to pay more than we thought...but I suppose that was just unfortunate for us.

The rooms were fine, service was ok. Nothing exceptional to mention, nothing terrible either. Just an average hotel in Austin. Wouldn't stay here again, but don't have anything bad to say about the place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Dianah R,

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review about our location. I would like to apologize that your stay with us was just a stay, not having anything good or bad about our property. Hopefully you can give us an opportunity to provide you the service that Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport is known for.

Assistant General Manager.
Bourbonnais, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I am what most would call a needy traveler... Flor was working the front desk & took the time and effort to make sure my stay was perfect!!! The staff during breakfast & happy hour were super nice & polite.

Room Tip: Happy hour with snacks & beverages on Monday - Thursday!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Jason P.,

I would like to Thank you for taking the time to share a few details from your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport. It is always pleasant to hear that Flor's service was beyond your expectations during your stay, That is always our goal. Please when you come back to Austin make sure to visit us again.

Sincerly,
TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was there recently for a company training class-- and I was not impressed. This hotel, in my oppinion, made our company look bad. Wished we had selected a different venue. The staff was very rude and unaccomadating, including the general manager. Not very friendly at all. We received better customer service at the McDonalds. We had double occupancy, but the rooms were so small with double beds that it was very uncomfortable. To have separate rooms was $125 which seemed high to me for the quality of the rooms. (I actually did decide to leave and check in at a DAYS INN close by for a cleaner, larger room, with more amenities. Was very happy with that decision.) The breakfast was subpar, our eggs were still frozen. It was fairly clean, and while the front desk staff were not very friendly or polite, I will admit that the maintenance staff were excellent...very nice and accommondating. But I can't imagine why our company selected this place, but plan to offer feedback to change venues for a number of reasons. I could not and would not reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Gwyn W,

I would like to Thank you for taking the time to share a few details from your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport. Your opinion is very valuable to us, we apologize for the inconveniences that you experience during your training. We have been accommodating your company for couple of year now. We have always follow their instructions accommodating their trainees, we have never had any issues with our Hotel quality, amenities or the quality of our service. We have to respect the regulations of you company regarding the trainees accommodations. Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to give you the best service that Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport is known for.

Sincerly,
Fabiola Moyado
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin - Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport? Share your experiences!