“fun, friendly, adventurous and safe” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 94 activities in Austin
Type: Tours, Classes/Workshops
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Rock Climbing exercises your mind and body. Rock-About classes provide you the experience to climb for the first time or to build on existing skills. Whatever your skill level, Rock-About can help you reach your vertical goals. Join us at Enchanted Rock SNA, Reimer's Ranch, Pecos River Gorge, or at the Austin Greenbelt.
Austin, Texas
“fun, friendly, adventurous and safe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My children have been climbing with Rock-About for several years, and I can't say enough terrific things. We chose them for their reputation for safety, then stayed with them for that reason and many more. Adam and his crew take great joy in sharing climbing, they love and respect the outdoors, they're masters at creating positive challenges for my kids when they're climbing, they know climbing sites in our area very well, they take time to truly teach climbing skills, and they're terrific at working with people with a wide range of abilities. You can't go wrong with Rock-About, whether you're looking for a one-day adventure or a long-term guide and coach.

Visited September 2012
Rock-About-Inc, Owner at Rock-About Climbing Adventures, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hi Lynn,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We've enjoyed climbing with your kids for the past few years. I'm glad that both you and they feel comfortable with us. We love getting to pass our passion for climbing and the outdoors on to other people. I appreciate all your compliments and your recommendation. We're looking forward to climbing with the kids again!

Austin, Texas
“Wondeful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Adam is terrific! My son, a Boy Scout, has been climbing with him since May 2012 and I've never once felt apprehensive about him climbing with Rock-About. The guys are extremely conscientious when it comes to safety and so very patient with all the boys that are in the teenage climbing group. Keep up the great work Adam!

Visited September 2012
Rock-About-Inc, Owner at Rock-About Climbing Adventures, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
peg6801,

Thanks for a great review! I'm glad your son has enjoyed climbing with us the past few months. We make safety our top priority, so your son can focus on having fun and building his skill level. I appreciate your compliments and your recommendation. We're looking forward to our next outing.

Cheers,
Hickory, North Carolina
“Safe and Adventuresome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My teen daughter and I had a blast with Rock-About at Reimer's Ranch. It was our first time to climb anywhere. The guides were patient and encouraging. It was evident that they are experts in safety and were watchful of each climbing pair. It was difficult and challenging, even though we're in pretty good physical shape. We were able to fully enjoy every route they set up. We felt a sense of accomplishment at the end of a great day. New sport for me at almost 52 yrs old!

Visited October 2012
love2dive4fun,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad you and your daughter had fun climbing out at Reimer's with us! We make safety our top priority so you can focus on enjoying yourself. Introducing you to the sport of rock climbing was our pleasure. I appreciate your kind words and hope you'll join us again the next time you're in town.

3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had Adam as our guide. We felt completely safe (and entertained) the whole time. It was a once in a lifetime experience for some our group and it was perfect! You absolutely cannot go wrong with Adam, and his sweet dog, Jackson.

terry323,

I'm happy your group had a once-in-a-lifetime experience! It's great to see everyone enjoyed themselves climbing while still feeling safe. I'll be sure to give Jackson a good scratch for you. We would love to have you climb with us again.

Saskatoon, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Great day climbing!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I wanted to see some of what Texas looked like outside of Austin, and of course wanted a bit of adventure too. I had such a great time climbing rocks and hiking around. Adam was a patient and knowledgable guide. If you like adventure and want to get out and see some of Texas country, this would be a great tour for you!!!!

Visited October 2012
Hey Kara,

Taking you around hiking and climbing was a blast! I'm glad you had a great time too. Patient, helpful, and knowledgeable is exactly what I want to be. I appreciate your recommendation and hope you'll come visit again.