“Best Hotel Value in Austin Texas” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #128 of 184 Hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“Best Hotel Value in Austin Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Just try finding another hotel in Austin, Texas for this price with all the amenities!
You get all that an apartment has and more! Workout room, Pool, Laundry room, DVD players, Dishwashers, Full size icebox, Big rooms, CLEAN !

Room Tip: Book early !
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Beau – Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of our hotel. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed so many of the amenities we offer. I'm happy that we could provide you with a comfortable stay at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

From the beginning of the stay, everything went wrong, from having the wrong room assigned to us initially.... had to move three times The second room assigned to us was totally ripped apart wires all over the floor, kitchen torn apart, bed upside down Looked like the room was hit with a tornado.. After settling in the third room assigned, later in the day, approximately 6:00pm the room across from us went into a kitchen fire, which the staff did not respond to it umtil I ran through that building and into the main building to let them know that we had a fire. Staff did not react for the safety of the guest. in the hotel. Second floor of building 2 was totally filled with smoke.............
Was the worst experience and stay that I have had in the history of my life in regards to staying at a hotel.
Everyone that was on that second floor should have been given their stay free of charge.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Theresa - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept my sincere apologies that the rooms you were given initially did not meet your expectations. This is something that I have spoken to my staff about, and am working with them to ensure only clean, fully inspected rooms are released for guests to check in to. As well, I am very sorry that you were affected by a kitchen fire during your stay. Please know, guest safety is a top priority for our staff, so we will are actively striving to enhance our fire response procedures so that these types of situations are handled quickly and efficiently moving forward.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at asa@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Orlando, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

When I arrived at our hotel I was told that not only did I book a smoking room but that they didn't even have my room available. They over sold the hotel or so I thought. They tried to send me to their 'South' location but they apparently had no rooms available either. (Parking lot was empty when I arrived at 9pm so this was lost on me)
Finally, after waiting in their "lobby" for an hour while the front desk attendant sorted things out they found me a room on the 4th floor. A smoking room... I am not a smoker and I have awful allergies. I am not a picky person but it smelled like smokey the bear lived in this room his whole life.

Room Tip: Call ahead to make sure they have your reservation...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Really no surprises. I had read the previous rooms after being assigned this hotel by Priceline. Unfortunately the place does give you a bit of an unsettling feeling. My gut reaction is that because so many people obtained cheap rooms there through sites like Priceline and Hotwire many people treat the place like a "cheap hotel." Althought the housekeeping staff did try to keep up, I saw food sitting in the hallways -- not food in wrappers mind you, but unwrapped partially eaten burgers and fries thrown in the hallway. I was also awakened at 1:30 am by a screaming and door slamming fight by a couple two doors down-- eventually the police were called.

I was assinged a smoking room- I personally think that the default for Priceline should be non-smoking, but oh well, I survived that aspect of the experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Richard - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of our common areas is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is going to maintain the cleanliness of the hallways and make sure that all the trash is picked up accordingly. As well, I am sorry that you were disturbed by noises from other guests. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that we take measures to eliminate these issues, but will take action as needed to ensure the safety of our guests.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at asa@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I recently found myself relocating back to Austin from another state after being gone for several years. I have yet to decide which part of town to live in and decided to stay in a hotel for a short time while I make my decision. I found myself at this Extended Stay location and I was a bit skeptical at first. After being here for over 4 weeks I consider this place my "home away from home" and the staff here my second family. For all the reviews that knock this place as a hotel, take the time to think about what the name of this establishment is. For the person who wrote about long term residents not being hotel guests, I beg to differ. My money is just as green as yours and I've spent more of it here than you. For the people who said to "stay at a Holiday Inn instead" please do. This place is nowhere close to being unsafe or dirty. If you have a problem with HotWire or Priceline and how THEY booked your room, please let those companies know about your unsatisfaction and next time don't book your trip through them. Instead, try using the website of your preferred hotel chain. Great Job Again Extended Stay!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the optional Suite, the rooms are bigger and much more comfortable!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a great “home away home” experience while staying with us. It is wonderful to read such glowing comments and know that we were able to attend to your needs. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This place is dirty, the bathroom leaked and flooded on the first night we were there. The beds squeaked and were uncomfortable, the guy who did our check-in was absolutely useless, there is no elevator and you have to drag your own suitcases upstairs.

The bathroom leaked/flooded during the night. We booked a non-smoking room and got a smoking one that smelled disgusting. Just stay at the Holiday Inn at the Gatewat/Arboretum area instead. The price is about the same and the quality is much higher.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. It upsets me to hear that the cleanliness of the hotel is not up to your expectations. I am sorry for your experience. To uphold our company's high standards, we will do a thorough inspection of the rooms moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at asa@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have landed this hotel twice through both Priceline and Hotwire. First of all, it comes up under Arbortetum and it is nowhere near the Arboretum, it is far north of there. That's the first trick. Secondly, they give you smoking rooms if you book through one of these discount hotel sites. I called and requested non-smoking this last time as I am allergic to cigarette smoke and was told I would get a non=smoking room. The room had obviously been smoked in-often. You'll have to pay to upgrade if you want more than one queen bed. The staff was nice and gave us a free upgrade, but being charged more for the room we received would have added insult to injury.

The room was dirty with leftover hair on the bathroom floor and in the bath tub. It wasn't a pleasant night of sleep. We aired the room out for several hours by opening windows, however the windows would only open about 10 inches.

I can't imagine having paid full price for this hotel, as it was the cost of $48 was way too high and I will make sure I never get this hotel again. Never bid a 2 star for Arboretum Austin.

Room Tip: Choose 3 star or above when bidding, use Priceline in this area but use the part that allows you to...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay us. I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay at Extended Stay America Arboretum North, especially due to your concerns about the cleanliness of our hotel. I also want to address the issue of smoking in a non smoking room. We try to put smoking guests in smoking rooms so they do not smoke in our non smoking rooms. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going to deodorize the room prior to the guest checking in and take any necessary measures to make sure the room smells fresh and clean.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any questions, please contact me at asa@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North? Share your experiences!