“Loved feeling at home here during my stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #128 of 191 Hotels in Austin
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Loved feeling at home here during my stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The staff was always helpful and lovely, when I would go out and in. I also loved having the kitchen, although I never really used it, it was still nice to have the option to use it. The area was more in the North part of town, but I really liked this area. The beds were like butter and I woke up feeling refreshed. If you need a good and safe place to rest your head, have a bit of a budget, and need a bit of home (be it cooking or more space) this hotel will make you happy you choose it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We are happy to know you truly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hurst, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel was awful. The hallways were smelly and dirty, there were even pill bottles and wrappers laying in the hall of the first building they tried to put us in. The first room was STINKY and the toilet was running loudly. The did move us to another room when told unacceptable, but no apology for first room. We reserved two rooms and they could not put us even in the same building, unless we paid an "upgrade" charge to have a different type room. Wouldn't normally be a problem except the grounds and surrounding area were not great and I did not feel SAFE having my young adult daughter in a separate building! Again there was no apology or even attempt at customer service. Rooms were older and furniture etc.. showed it. Musty and today my daughter has had an upper respiratory/allergy attack, don't know that it was from that... but timing is strange coincidence...
We booked these rooms through Hot Wire, and it showed up as a 2.5 star hotel. When it was revealed, I immediately wrote them, stating that even their own hints show Extended stay as a 2 star and that their description was wrong and asking for a refund or rebook.. they would NOT and now after staying there I feel even more lied too. Have always had good experiences with hot wire before, but this was BAD... beware!

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you had an unpleasant stay with us. Please know, the staff and I never meant to mislead you and apologize for making you feel this way. Still, while we do enable bookings through Hotwire for our hotel, we do not control the way they display their content. After reading your remarks, I will definitely reach out to them in order to make sure our information is accurate. As well, I am working with the housekeeping and maintenance staff to improve our level of cleanliness throughout the property as well as repair items as needed.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at asa@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Overall, I would recommend this place for a short or extended stay. Customer service is everything, so if something does go wrong or is not to your satisfaction, you want to stay where people are willing to make it right. That's what you get at this location-people willing to make your stay as pleasant as is within their control.

While I decided where in Austin I wanted to take up residency, I stayed at this hotel (close to 6 months). I enjoyed my time there. I felt secure and that my belongings were secure. I mainly dealt with Monica, Samantha and Kenny and always found them very cheerful and customer service oriented. Though I never had any problems, if I had questions or needed anything they were very helpful, courteous and friendly (All the staff were that way, but I mainly dealt with those 3).

My room was small, but it had everything (except a stove) I needed to function on a day-to-day- full bath, large, modern TV and a queen bed, etc. I used the kitchen table for my home office and it worked well.

During the summer months when all is in bloom, this hotel really becomes quite charming. It's situated in a community of apartment complexes that maintain their exterior, so the whole street looks nice (this is not an endorsement of "safe", but aesthetically pleasing. Right across the parking lot is a cute little market place that has a nice yoga studio, a small convenience store, quaint hamburger, pizza, and taco restaurants.

It's located fairly close to the metro rail stop (not walking distance close), and that's a nice feature to access downtown.There is a bus stop just across the street too. Since it's on the north-end of Austin, you will have to drive or use some kind of transpo to get downtown, where most of the action is for visitors.

I looked at many of the extended stays in the area and although they were all acceptable, this was the "cutest" and most neighborhood-like to me. Of course, like any hotel or apartment complex, you can't choose your neighbors and sometimes you get a strange one or two.

However, it's nice that I could block out much of any foot traffic from the halls, and I didn't hear a lot of noise through the walls. Like you would be anywhere-just be mindful of foot traffic from within and outside of the complex.

Lastly, the breakfast that they provide is standard continental and the novelty wears off quickly, but it's there if you want it.

Room Tip: You want to get a room that is not near an entry door-to avoid the constant opening and closing of t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Ava - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable and that we were able to provide you with a "home away from home" experience.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I came together Austin TX today and when I walked into the hotel room today it was musty., damp and the ffurniture was dingy. The residents were scary and the hallways reek of cigarettes. I walked right back out and canceled my reservation. That ladies on staff are very friendly but I'm sorry I couldn't do it. I was mislead by all the ratings and was extremely disappointed. This place needs a remodel. New carpet and everything. Terrible!

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the condition of your room and the hallways as well as the odor which lingered is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is taking the time to make sure the room smells fresh after they are cleaned, and we will also personally inspect the room to ensure the room is up to standards.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at asa@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Plano, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The furniture in this room looked like it came from a garage sale and the couch was dirty. We were told the bed was a queen sized bed but it was a full and my husband and I woke up both mornings and agreed we would have slept better on the floor. The bathroom floor had hair that did not belong to anyone in my family and the A/C would either blow extremely cold or nothing at all. The first room we were given and refused was in the back building and smelled of heavy stale smoke and there is no elevator or exit in the middle of the building. This hotel is advertised as the "Arboretum North" and should not be allowed to be associated with the Arboretum in any manor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Austin - Arboretum - North. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada
Troup, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was in Austin for on business and had an unexpected overnight stay. Monica and the staff went out of their way to get me into a room during the week of the formula 1 car race at an outstanding rate when everyone else in town was turning me down or wanted extra for a room. The room was great and what could of been a lousy week turned into a great week.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I'm late with my review from October 17-20th 2012. My trip was last minute & the night I arrived in Austin, I found out most hotels were booked for some sort of event. Learned of Extended Stay America by chance while surfing the internet. This location is conveniently situated near the hospital, within a safe neighborhood, with cute food locations and shopping nearby (not the purpose of my visit). The staff worked with me and I wish I could locate the front desk staff member's name, but she was extremely helpful (as well as her supervisor). We conversed of my work industry, as I work with various hotels, and how I was pleasantly surprised to find them. The only negative feedback I can provide: The shower didn't work (no water pressure/water flowing at all) the second day of my stay. Front desk had maintenance come in the same day I reported and corrected later the same day. However, I was sad that the 'correction' was only temporary, as the next evening prior to my preparing to depart at 3 am - left me with only drops of water at a time to rinse my hair. Building #2 (straight back and behind main hotel with office) was comfortable. However, I do have to agree with another reviewer on Trip Advisor, there is a musky and smoke odor, within the buildings. I was staying in a non-smoking room. Maybe a new air purifier could help (just a suggestion). Otherwise, no complaints as I will be staying again in a few weeks, and this time with family in tote. *Question: as the suites are ample - is it a south thing to have no TV in the sleeping areas? Only one is located in the sitting area which is near kitchenette. Just wondering.

Room Tip: If the main door doesn't lock, it could be that you just need to push it shut, before walking aw...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Austin - Arboretum - North. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory. Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the water pressure situation that you encountered during your stay, and how it was not repaired properly. Please know how important your comfort is to us. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North? Share your experiences!