“Not impressed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Austin Northwest

Save Saved
You added TownePlace Suites Austin Northwest to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Austin Northwest
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10024 North Capital of TX Highway North, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #113 of 184 Hotels in Austin
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We reserved a 2-bedroom "suite" for 3 nights and checked out after only 1 night. We had 4 adults (all family members) and the bedrooms were small, the 1 and only bathroom was small, and the beds were maybe a Queen but felt like a Full bed. Single thermostat for "suite" and 1 bedroom hot and other cold.
The free breakfast was good and the selection was more than we expected. The staff were very nice and the location is good but the quality of sleep was poor. We checked out and moved a block or 2 away to a Marriott Courtyard. I would only stay here again if money was the sole decision maker otherwise, pick another Marriott property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Misty L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Austin Northwest, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear ShermanSUV,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! I would like to offer my apologies for your stay being uncomfortable for you and your family due to the room set up. I do appreciate the fact that our staff was helpful and that you were able to take advantage of our extensive complimentary breakfast, we do take pride a lot of pride in taking care of our guests! If I can be of any further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks again!

Misty Lack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

First, the good - this hotel has clean, spacious rooms (even the studio rooms are plenty spacious), clean (looks like fairly newly refurbed corridors) nice decor, bed very comfortable, grounds well-kept, most staff give good service, good housekeeping staff, enough parking, even when full.

However, we were staying here for a week, and arrived one eve around 9pm. We were given our room key, and then gutted to find out we'd been given an access room. We were tired and just wanted to move into the room we would have for a week, but in access rooms there is NO counter space in the bathroom to put your stuff, and in these rooms the kitchen bit was facing the bed (instead of round the corner and partitoned off from the bed by a wall, like in the other rooms) it felt like a bedsitter! And it wasn't even very clean.
I complained to the front desk straight away and she said it was the only room they had left, and we could move to a regular room in the morning. We were indeed moved the next morning to the kind of room we had booked (by the very helpful Trina), and all was good - the regular rooms are much nicer. (Of course I can see that the access rooms are far more practical if you need these, but this was not what we'd booked).
I just felt that the lady who gave us this room could have asked us up front if we wouldn't mind having an access room for a night, and moving the next day, instead of just palming us off with this without saying anything and just hoping it would be ok.

Also, don't expect to swim unless it's July or August, pool is unheated and doesn't get much sun during the day, and so is freezing.

I would love to stay here again, but I guess I'd have to make sure to get there early so I didn't get fobbed off with a room I hadn't booked.

Room Tip: From what I saw, all rooms were fine, just make sure not to get an access room unless you need it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
West Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I was forced to stay here on a business trip as most stuff was sold downtown due to the South by Southwest music festival or was crazy expensive. I had a studio room at 169 which was not worth it. Hotel is more of an extended stay place and has the feel of an apartment complex.

I did not try the breakfast but the toiletries sucked and there was no lotion. TV was hanged on the wall but in a position where it could only be viewed from the sofa and not the bed. Hangers were cheap plastic.

• Stayed March 2013
San Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Pros: Great location, clean rooms, plenty of breakfast-good variety

Cons: lack of insulation between walls and upper floor transmitted noise from neighboring guests during all hours of day and night, breakfast area too small, not enough parking spaces

Room Tip: request upper level floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Redmond, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I’ve stayed at all types of Marriott hotels before but I have never stayed at Marriott TownePlace. For our Christmas break in Texas, I saw this place had a two bedroom suite available for the same points as a studio in Residence Inn, I gave this hotel a try. It is one of the older facilities, but it was very well maintained. Everything worked properly, staff was very nice. The breakfast room is too small for the size of the hotel and the food choices are lacking (even with the expectation properly set for a “free” breakfast).

The one bright spot was that the hotel was next to the restaurant/brewery North by Northwest, you could happily drink way past the legal alcohol limit and walk back home happy, food there was great, beer was awesome, and the Blackjack beer was out of the world.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This property is overall standard for this type of facility, but both the food and friendliness of the staff exceeded expectations. Breakfast included a nice assortment of yogurts and breads plus hot sausage and eggs--and a waffle station. On a few weeknights they offer a reception with drinks and hot food items as well. This stands out as superior to other food options I've had at a similar hotels. Internet is included--thank you! Room is comfortable. Bath/shower is "plastic," but vanity and kitchenette counters are granite. Bed was VERY comfortable. Good value all around. This hotel is close to restaurants and shopping areas.

Room Tip: There are separate buildings, so consider whether you want to stay in the building with the office a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Townplace Suites provides a little more room which is nice. This hotel was clean and comfortable but nothing out of the ordinary. I liked the fact that you could walk to a couple of restaurants. Whole Foods was also right down the street. I would probably stay here again if I had a meeting close by.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Austin Northwest? Share your experiences!