“Always great and now Hot Food in the morning” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Austin Northwest

Save Saved
You added TownePlace Suites Austin Northwest to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Austin Northwest
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10024 North Capital of TX Highway North, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #113 of 184 Hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Always great and now Hot Food in the morning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have stayed here at least a dozen times and never been disappointed. I always book my room through their front desk and the staff has always been gracious. My arrival time is usually very late and never an issue. The recent updates to the hotel are very nice and the beds are great. As of recent they have added a hot breakfast a pleasant updated to cold rolls and cereal. I stay in plenty of hotel across the nation and you have sound noise in all of them, for the value and location this is a great find.

Room Tip: Stay away from the side doors and stairs the door slaming all night and people going up and down the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

In August, we took a four-day mini-vacation and stayed at this Northwest Austin property right off Mo-Pac. This was a great location for us as we were near the Domain shopping complex and not too far from K1 racing, MT Supermarket, and downtown museums. Compared to pricier, more centrally-located hotels, this property offers larger suites and complimentary wi-fi, parking, and a hot and cold breakfast buffet. When we checked in, we were greeted warmly by the professional front desk staff and throughout our stay were treated kindly by management and service personnel. In fact, we personally experienced management go above and beyond to assist us and other guests during busy check-in periods.

We enjoyed the two bedroom suite - it was comfortable, clean, spacious, and the finishes in the bathroom and full kitchen were updated and attractive. However, there are a few concerns about the property, which include: the sofa in the suite was stiff and uncomfortable, the elevator is dated and shabby, the lobby is small and can get crowded, and the pool and breakfast areas are tiny and the layouts are poorly designed. Having said that, we would definitely return and strongly recommend a top floor, corner room if you're staying in a two-bedroom suite in the main building. Also, currently you can check the hotel's website for promotions such as complimentary gift cards and gas cards for certain room accommodations/length of stays.

Room Tip: We strongly recommend a top floor, corner room if you're staying in a two-bedroom suite in the m...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Larnaka, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I often stay in "suites style" hotels. This was the first of Marriott's brand. Hotel is nice and clean, everything works and the staff were available and helpful all the 4 days I was there. This is also a better location than I expected. 30 mins in the rush-hour from downtown, 40 minutes at most to the airport. And great location for shopping and restaurants. Some even in walking distance. I will stay here next time I am in Austin.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. It was a nice, clean suite with kitchenette. Good desk service, pool, exercise room, and full breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights May 18th. We had 4 rooms altogether. The rooms are perfect for families. Our rooms were clean and in good condition. We had both single rooms and the 2 bedroom suites. While there is some remodeling being done to the property, this did not interfere with our stay in the main hotel building in any way. The hotel was sold out both nights which can attest to its great value. The breakfast was good as well. Every staff person we dealt with, was personable and eager to ensure our stay was enjoyable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

The floorplans of the room are good. I enjoy having a full kitchen so I can stock healthy food and snacks in my fridge. I was in this hotel for only 2 nights for a business trip so I didn't have to use the kitchen on the trip but that amenity would be great for a longer trip to the area.

The walls in this hotel are extremely thin. I could hear the entire conversations of the guests in rooms on either side of my room. Unfortunately, on my 2nd night, there was one group who had both rooms on either side of me and they decided to hold a raging party until 2am. Three calls to the front desk to complain produced no results, the party went on...and on...and on.

There are no vending or ice machines in the buildings. So if you want water, snacks, ice, you have to go back to the lobby building (a separate building with the lobby, breakfast room, exercise room). Due to major t-storms and a tornado warning the 2nd night I was there, I had to forego my usual bottle of water at bedtime because I had forgotten to pick one up while I was out, and couldn't get to the lobby building safely. This is a pretty poor design, if you ask me. A simple vending machine is expected when you stay in a hotel (at least in my opinion).

The a/c unit in my room smelled of burning electric wires every time it clicked on. A call to the front desk assured me this was normal. Normal? Really?

The breakfast is your typical "free hotel breakfast". They do offer rubbery eggs and greasy sausage links but the two containers were out of food both mornings when I went down for b'fast. They were making more to refill them, but they never were refilled while I was there for about 30 minutes. You have a selection of 5 different sugary cereals, oatmeal packets, pre-wrapped sugary danish type things. The "fresh fruit" they brag of is a bowl of overripe bananas and nothing more. Their OJ and Apple juice is that from concentrate stuff that comes out of the machine. Barely any actual fruit in either, I couldn't even finish a small 6oz OJ it was so sugary and just plain bad. The coffee was decent, but I didn't go for my typical 2nd cup, and opted to swing by a real coffee shop on my way to my meeting.

The exercise room is small but functional for a quick workout. You have 2 treadmills, 1 stairmaster, and some free weights. They offer a cabinet of towels and free water (that was the best deal of all if you ask me). The a/c did seem to be faulty or just turned really high, the room was warm to begin with so I think I got an extra oomph to my 30 minutes on the treadmill since I was sweating far more than I normally would!

Overall, it was fine for a quick business trip but if I was going to have to stay a full week, I would have found another hotel by the 3rd night to finish out my trip.

PS: Oh, and I forgot to mention the huge ants crawling up the wall by my bed the night of the storm. I was on the 2nd floor and still had a bug problem. Gross.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

There's nothing particularly remarkable about this hotel. It's a neat, clean, cookie cutter TownePlace Suites hotel by Marriott. The staff was very friendly. Kudo's to them for helping my stay a good one.

Another reviewer stated it quite well, it's a Fairfield Inn with a kitchette. It's a less expensive Marriott Residence Inn without the hot free breakfast.

My only complaints about this establishment are placement of the flatscreen TV on the half wall between the bed and the kitchenette (I walked into it in the dark and thought I nearly ripped it off the wall); noise transmission between the rooms (yes, that's code words for thin walls); and a shower head that's mounted low on the wall (beyond eye level...and I'm only 6 feet tall).

It's convenient to a couple of decent restaurants next door. Easy access to Mo-Pac highway and any location in Austin.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Austin Northwest? Share your experiences!